What's The Worst Thing You Have Ever Seen?

This is maybe one of those 'had to be there to really understand how frightening it was' type things.

Back when I was about 7 or 8 myself and several other kids in the street were in my back garden playing.  At the end of the back garden was a fence then a small area of land followed by the fence to someone else's back garden. There was a small opening at one side of the fence that we'd frequently climb through and we'd then be on the dividing area between both sets of gardens. Once through the fence there was, for whatever reason, an old upturned wheelbarrow.  There was about 5 of us and I never went through the fence this time for some reason but the other 4 did. Someone knocked over the wheelbarrow and turns out there was a huge wasps nest that literally exploded with hundreds, if not thousands, of wasps going apeshit. This area between both fences was relatively narrow and not overly long so the panic that ensued as they tried to find the opening back into the garden was terrifying. You could barely see anything due to the amount of wasps and the screaming was horrific as they were getting stung left and right. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dee Man said:

I think I may have witnessed the worst thing I've ever seen in the last 5 minutes. Just been sent a horrendous video of what appears to be some mangled woman lying in the back of her car with her full eyeball hanging out trying to push her obliterated face back together. I made it to about 5 seconds in and had to sling it. 

Pics or GTF

Words don't do Dee Man's video justice regarding the 'obliterated face' bit.   IMO, the face skin pretty much hanging off is worse than the eyeball.  Pretty sure you could lift it like a veil.  Pretty much 'de-gloving' of the face, but with the forehead still (but barely) attached to her skull. 

Looking for a positive:  judging by her groans of pain and lack of mouth movement, ventriloquism could offer a promising career pathway.  That or waiting for a remake of Face Off.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

A stinking, rotting, very dead sheep on the banks of Loch Morar. Barely touched lamb since, which is difficult for a Dons fan to admit.

Was trying to cross a mountain stream somewhere in the Highlands and jumped onto what I thought was a mossy rock. Foot went right through the bloated belly of a fallen and very dead sheep. Managed to continue the jump to the other side before throwing up.

A different definition of 'worst' but about 5 years ago I was walking past a mother trying to get her toddler to stop acting up, she hadn't seem me coming & quite sternly told the kid "if you don't stop that I'll get a black man to come take you away" when she noticed me she looked very embarrassed, which means she did know that raising her kids to be scared of black people was totally out of order but didn't mind doing it in private. Mental.

The worst thing I've HEARD is in primary school a guy was taking a short cut over a spiked fence on the way home and lost his footing with one leg over :shutup hearing the scream and knowing something was very very wrong has stayed with me for a long time.

46 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

On a mild tangent, I'm still haunted by a ~60yo skin and bones junkie that was offering me her services early one morning on George St.  Funnily enough, I wasn't all that keen and just ignored her, but having walked a bit up the street, the haunting bit was her shouting "I'll gie ye it fur a tenner!!!" (through what were probably tears), the echoing sound piercing what had been early morning silence.  Absolute desperation.

What was it like then?

22 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I think I may have witnessed the worst thing I've ever seen in the last 5 minutes. Just been sent a horrendous video of what appears to be some mangled woman lying in the back of her car with her full eyeball hanging out trying to push her obliterated face back together. I made it to about 5 seconds in and had to sling it. 

In the latest Adam Buxton pocast he's talking to David Sedaris and they get onto the subject of eyeballs coming out and a story of psychiatric patient who gouged out his own eyes, ate one but not the second as he couldn't find it. 

Adding a second entry to this, having thought about it.

In Bairds Bar for a drink before a gig at the Barra's, circa 2000. Old jaikey sitting in the corner, looking rather worse for wear, decided to drink up sharpish and downed most of a pint. A few seconds later he spewed the lot back up, straight into the pint glass he was still holding. Thinking nothing of it, he casually kept drinking the pint.

8 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Adding a second entry to this, having thought about it.

In Bairds Bar for a drink before a gig at the Barra's, circa 2000. Old jaikey sitting in the corner, looking rather worse for wear, decided to drink up sharpish and downed most of a pint. A few seconds later he spewed the lot back up, straight into the pint glass he was still holding. Thinking nothing of it, he casually kept drinking the pint.

Minus the reimbibing part, I have a vague recollection of doing that with a pint of snakebite & black in some dingy nightclub as a teeny tippler.

2 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Child birth 100% is a horror show and I'll have nobody say otherwise..... as for the worst pain on the other thread child birth i reckon would be a close second to standing on a plug!!!!

While nobody will ever experience both I would say being kicked in the balls is more painful than childbirth.

To prove it, kick a man in the balls then ask him if he wants it done again. He'll tell you no.

Yet lots of women have more than one child, so it can't be so painful that they won't go through it a second time.

As for standing on a plug, I reckon kneeling on one is worse.

On that theme, I took a shortcut along an obscure cobbled lane in Aberdeen City Centre a couple of weeks ago  (just before lunch in broad daylight) and stumbled across a lace and leather clad dirty-stop-out prozzie who was sucking off some minker as they were hiding away in a side exit.  When I first saw them (and I saw everything), I was no more than 2m from the action as they were evidently too engrossed to see me coming. 

a384913d25ca992e1b7bcf1a4a9f7f62_400x400.jpeg

While nobody will ever experience both I would say being kicked in the balls is more painful than childbirth.
To prove it, kick a man in the balls then ask him if he wants it done again. He'll tell you no.
Yet lots of women have more than one child, so it can't be so painful that they won't go through it a second time.
As for standing on a plug, I reckon kneeling on one is worse.
Some men pay to be kicked in the balls???

There's defintiely worse I've witnessed than the following, but just cannot think...

One of the worst things I've witnessed actually happened to me. I must have been about 17/18 and was playing 5 a side with mates. One of my mates, who played for Celtic until he was about 16, was playing (miles better than the rest of us). I was in goals and he hit an absolute thundercunt of a shot on the half volley. Now, most sane people would just let it go in and not even bother going for it. No, daft arse here went to save it and daft arse got his hand right on it, but it was going that fast that it bent my hand all the way back resulting in my middle finger touching my forearm. Crunch. The pain was unbearable. 

When I was about 12 I was out in our scheme with a couple of mates on my bike. We were hanging out at the top of a hill which leads straight down on to a main road. A twat that I did not like at the time came out his house nearby demanding he had a shot of the bike. So I let him have a shot, but made clear that the breaks weren't working. He said something like "Don't gee a f**k, just geez it" and what did the utter cockwomble do? Went straight down the hill that leads on to the main road. Can still remember him screaming "There's no breaks! There's no breaks!" then bang, straight on the road and fucked by motor going 40 mph. Daft b*****d's lucky to still be alive. Was horrendous to see and hear though. 

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

When I was about 12 I was out in our scheme with a couple of mates on my bike. We were hanging out at the top of a hill which leads straight down on to a main road. A twat that I did not like at the time came out his house nearby demanding he had a shot of the bike. So I let him have a shot, but made clear that the breaks weren't working. He said something like "Don't gee a f**k, just geez it" and what did the utter cockwomble do? Went straight down the hill that leads on to the main road. Can still remember him screaming "There's no breaks! There's no breaks!" then bang, straight on the road and fucked by motor going 40 mph. Daft b*****d's lucky to still be alive. Was horrendous to see and hear though. 

I can imagine. Was it a good bike?

Archived