What's The Worst Thing You Have Ever Seen?

As a morbid follow on from the What's The Worst Pain You Have Ever Experienced? thread, what's the worst / most disturbing thing that you've ever seen / experienced?

This is largely 'inspired' from a random memory I had last night from back in my school days when a young kid jumped out of a tree towards a hay bale below, only to catch a tree limb on the way down and shred the inside of his thigh.  Blood absolutely everywhere as he continually limped away against better advice, haunting screams as he cried out for his mummy (think opening scene to Saving Private Ryan, minus the intestinal detail).  These were the good old days when nobody carried a mobile phone and somebody had to bolt to the nearest house two fields away as friends used jumpers to hold back the blood.

Anyway, if you're willing to share, what proper horrors have the P&B masses witnessed first hand?  Chris Iwelumo's miss against Norway? Three men burning in a tank, going "uuurghhh"?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Child birth. 

And I simply wont have anything anyone claims is worse. 

It wasn't the childbirth itself that I thought was horrific, it was the completely unexpected bag of afterbirth that came out shortly afterwards. I had heard of placenta before but hadn't given it a second thought as to what it was or when it made an appearance. I just assumed it was part of the stuff that comes out when the baby is born. My first thought was , "Well I won't be licking down there again".

Probably the worst thing I've witnessed in the flesh was during a pre-match kickabout, one of the players jumping up to touch the bar and returning to the ground sans wedding finger. Me and another guy were the only ones who witnessed the full thing happening. He had got his wedding ring caught on one of the net hooks and it had ripped his finger clean off from the ring up, leaving only the bone. I believe the term is de-gloved. We found his finger flesh soon after as the other guy and myself had watched in disbelief as it flew through the air into the long grass behind the goal. 

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It wasn't the childbirth itself that I thought was horrific, it was the completely unexpected bag of afterbirth that came out shortly afterwards. I had heard of placenta before but hadn't given it a second thought as to what it was or when it made an appearance. I just assumed it was part of the stuff that comes out when the baby is born. My first thought was , "Well I won't be licking down there again".

Probably the worst thing I've witnessed in the flesh was during a pre-match kickabout, one of the players jumping up to touch the bar and returning to the ground sans wedding finger. Me and another guy were the only ones who witnessed the full thing happening. He had got his wedding ring caught on one of the net hooks and it had ripped his finger clean off from the ring up, leaving only the bone. I believe the term is de-gloved. We found his finger flesh soon after as the other guy and myself had watched in disbelief as it flew through the air into the long grass behind the goal. 

Were you having a kickabout with Nery Pumpido?

....I picked the wrong thread to read while eating my lunch.....

Seen the same thing with a blokes finger getting ripped off after getting caught on something.  Football training with the works team at the academy so playing on the all weather pitched surrounded  by a big fence.  We weren't that good so not uncommon for a ball to clear out of the park, but we always had plenty to continue with while whoever kicked it retried it.

Well this guy (not the brightest) decided he was going to Spiderman his way up the fence, swing over the top and drop down.....however his ring had got caught on the top of the fence and  as he dropped down, off came his finger.  Now I was the keeper for this team and the ball had gone out quite near me, I don't know what possessed me to watch this guy as he climbed, but I vividly remember watching his finger spiral off in an arc, back lighted by the floodlights.  We spent 15/20 mins looking for the finger which was found but could,'t be re-attached. 

The kicker was, he was only 6 yards down from an open gate he could have gone through....much like everyone else had done up to then.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You get what you pay for.

On that theme, I took a shortcut along an obscure cobbled lane in Aberdeen City Centre a couple of weeks ago  (just before lunch in broad daylight) and stumbled across a lace and leather clad dirty-stop-out prozzie who was sucking off some minker as they were hiding away in a side exit.  When I first saw them (and I saw everything), I was no more than 2m from the action as they were evidently too engrossed to see me coming.  I would like to stress that there's a difference between 'seeing' and 'looking'.  Still mentally scarred. 

Eta:  No, not even a wid.

On a mild tangent, I'm still haunted by a ~60yo skin and bones junkie that was offering me her services early one morning on George St.  Funnily enough, I wasn't all that keen and just ignored her, but having walked a bit up the street, the haunting bit was her shouting "I'll gie ye it fur a tenner!!!" (through what were probably tears), the echoing sound piercing what had been early morning silence.  Absolute desperation.

Did this happen to an Irish guy in Australia around 2012/13? I heard this exact thing happened to a friend of a friend of a guy I worked with around that time.

Probably seeing a motorcyclist have their leg smashed to pieces by a car. Car was parked across from the Carbeth Inn, motorcyclist on the road going past, car reversed straight onto the road and the biker was unable to get out the way. The noise was fucking horrible. Don't know the full extent of the injuries in the end but the poor b*****ds leg was absolutely f*cked, as the medics would no doubt put it.

ETA: Relative of mines lost a finger at the football about a decade back. They had a "lucky sign" at their gate which they would all slap on the way in. Wedding ring got caught and finger stayed with it. They were able to re-attach her finger though, which I guess is something.

Child birth. 

And I simply wont have anything anyone claims is worse. 
this. natural birth was horrific but my ex had a section with our second and i very stupidly looked over the paper screen and saw my son being pulled out her open stomach. worst thing ive ever witnessed

On fingers and rings... was playing a form of target golf with a pal. We'd stand about 160 yards apart and take pot shots at each other with a 6 iron. I sent a sweet shot in his direction and he lost track of the flight of the ball so put his hands up to shield his face. The ball hit his sovvy (for he was a Rangers fan from Cowcaddens) and his hand smacked into his forehead. The ring broke, spearing through his finger pinning his hand to his forehead like a giant stapler had clamped it there. He was fucking raging. I saw it as a peril of the game but he took it very personally and came after me in a bloody, golf club swinging mess. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

On fingers and rings... was playing a form of target golf with a pal. We'd stand about 160 yards apart and take pot shots at each other with a 6 iron. I sent a sweet shot in his direction and he lost track of the flight of the ball so put his hands up to shield his face. The ball hit his sovvy (for he was a Rangers fan from Cowcaddens) and his hand smacked into his forehead. The ring broke, spearing through his finger pinning his hand to his forehead like a giant stapler had clamped it there. He was fucking raging. I saw it as a peril of the game but he took it very personally and came after me in a bloody, golf club swinging mess. 

Ss1Z.gif

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

Did this happen to an Irish guy in Australia around 2012/13? I heard this exact thing happened to a friend of a friend of a guy I worked with around that time.

Na, this was in the 90's. Looking at some of the other posts it looks like quite a common occurence. After I witnessed that I never wore a ring until I got married and even then I was reluctant.

I think I may have witnessed the worst thing I've ever seen in the last 5 minutes. Just been sent a horrendous video of what appears to be some mangled woman lying in the back of her car with her full eyeball hanging out trying to push her obliterated face back together. I made it to about 5 seconds in and had to sling it. 

Archived