Montrose v Airdrie, 20th Oct.

It's a while since Airdrie visited Links Park and I don't think our win at their place earlier this season is any guide now. The Mo have squandered points in the dying stages of the last two league games and but for that we would be more comfortably placed - but we aren't, which is why we are where we are. We need a home win of any sort or at least a point of that there is no doubt. I don't question SP's line up except maybe trying to find a place for Jamie Redman but the goals we are giving away are because we are not doing enough up front and when that happens it doesn't matter how good your back line is, they will eventually crack. You just need to look at the last few results to see that. We haven't got enough nouse up top so the next best thing is to push up more from midfield and down the flanks - hence my appeal for Redman who can pop up with a goal or two just like Terry Masson.

Don't know too much about Airdrie except they aren't doing as well as I thought they would and they probably think the same having just sacked the Manager. Hope they bring a good away support though as many of their fans won't have been to LP before. They should have at least two ex Mo players in their squad, Sean Crighton and Leighton McIntosh. Always had time for Sean Crighton who is a good pro at this level - hope he has a decent game but not on the winning side. 

I think the last time I was there it was the late 80s so I am looking forward to a new start after the dire spell under our departed manager. I thought Crighton would be a solid signing but we have also lost a lot of goals as our defence gets altered regularly. Leighton has scored some good goals but looks more of an impact player. As to how the game goes I will be happy to leave undefeated.

2 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

It's a while since Airdrie visited Links Park and I don't think our win at their place earlier this season is any guide now. The Mo have squandered points in the dying stages of the last two league games and but for that we would be more comfortably placed - but we aren't, which is why we are where we are. We need a home win of any sort or at least a point of that there is no doubt. I don't question SP's line up except maybe trying to find a place for Jamie Redman but the goals we are giving away are because we are not doing enough up front and when that happens it doesn't matter how good your back line is, they will eventually crack. You just need to look at the last few results to see that. We haven't got enough nouse up top so the next best thing is to push up more from midfield and down the flanks - hence my appeal for Redman who can pop up with a goal or two just like Terry Masson.

Don't know too much about Airdrie except they aren't doing as well as I thought they would and they probably think the same having just sacked the Manager. Hope they bring a good away support though as many of their fans won't have been to LP before. They should have at least two ex Mo players in their squad, Sean Crighton and Leighton McIntosh. Always had time for Sean Crighton who is a good pro at this level - hope he has a decent game but not on the winning side. 

If we had been doing well we would have brought a decent support, however, the way things are at the moment I can't see many making the trip. If a new manager is appointed before Saturday it might encourage more of us to make the effort.

As far as the game is concerned I'd be happy with a point.

Yeah I'd take a point at this stage too. 

One thing's for sure - if you're having trouble scoring, just let us take a 1-0 lead. Your attacking players will rise to the occasion within 5 minutes.

13 hours ago, Nipper said:

If we had been doing well we would have brought a decent support, however, the way things are at the moment I can't see many making the trip. If a new manager is appointed before Saturday it might encourage more of us to make the effort.

3 buses heading up...not sure how many will leave the pub tho.

On 18/10/2018 at 16:21, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

See to be fair, regardless of pub or not, I reckon 3 buses is a great effort + probably another 3 figures by car.
Great effort.

Probably a few extra travelling up tomorrow after today's appointment.

Right, here we go. A chance to get our season back up and running. Hopefully Fitz/ Proctor have the guts to drop the players out of form and put our best side on the park. I’d go:

Hutton

Robertson - Crighton - Page - McDonald

Cairns - Miller

Carrick - Conroy - Victoria

Duffy

3-1 Airdrie. C’mon the diamonds.

Looking forward to this, more so because it'll be first visit to Montrose than because I'm anticipating a brilliant game of football. 

In the context of how awful we've been recently an away point wouldn't be a bad result, but we really need to start winning, and that may as well be today as next week.  The players will be wanting to make their case for a place in the starting XI to Murray, so hopefully him being there brings a little more out of some of them than we've seen recently.

Right, here we go. A chance to get our season back up and running. Hopefully Fitz/ Proctor have the guts to drop the players out of form and put our best side on the park. I’d go:

Hutton

Robertson - Crighton - Page - McDonald

Cairns - Miller

Carrick - Conroy - Victoria

Duffy

3-1 Airdrie. C’mon the diamonds.

Gallagher instead of Cairns, I can deal with that.

Cmon the [emoji815]️[emoji815]️[emoji815]️

That's a great result to be fair for the lads.
OK, at the amstart of the league you'd always be looking for a win against the newly promoted teams, but even in the first meeting Montrose showed they can mix it up a bit.
Hopefully the start of a wee run and Murray can sort this home form out.

Archived