Moon Landing

5 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Well there are laser reflectors up there so it's easy to prove.

I've said before but what a top trump that would be if you had went there. It must change your outlook on life and look at our petty squabbling as pathetic. I think we should spend more on space and it's sad we haven't continued exploring.

Moon fact, it moves away from the earth at the same rate your nails grow. I'm guessing they know this due to the highly accurate laser measurement.

I wish they'd stop shining lasers on my nails.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw an interview with Allan Sheppard ( first murican in spaaaaceee and 5Th on the mooone ) 

interviewer : were you ever afraid ? 

allan S : i was on top of half a billion dollars of technology , ALL of which went to the lowest bidder , , you are damn right I was afraid !

I met ( very briefly )  Harrison  Schmitt at a conference ,  go geology !

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Well there are laser reflectors up there so it's easy to prove.

I've said before but what a top trump that would be if you had went there. It must change your outlook on life and look at our petty squabbling as pathetic. I think we should spend more on space and it's sad we haven't continued exploring.

Moon fact, it moves away from the earth at the same rate your nails grow. I'm guessing they know this due to the highly accurate laser measurement.

Maybe if folk cut their nails, it would be able to get closer again.

12 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
12 hours ago, Gnash said:
It's really expensive to get there, and dangerous, and now they've been and done what needed to be done there's no point in going back.  Until such time as it involves building a moon base or tourist centre or similar.  
I saw a documentary that took the conspiracy theorists' arguments and debunked them one by one.  It was a great watch and went to show that these folk really are mentalists.

American production?

Just about every website, book or other source that promotes moon landing conspiracies will be American productions. 

11 hours ago, Gaz said:

Think about it. If the landings had been faked, think of the thousands and thousands of people that would have had to be 'in on it'. And not once, in nearly sixty years, has one of those folk came out and said "it was faked"? Bollocks. Humans can't keep secrets.

And the reason no-one's went back is quite simple: why would they want to? It's expensive, and dangerous, and once the Americans had been there a few times and saw there was basically nothing there of note, why would China or the Russians want to waste their money?

We dont have the technology anymore apparently:

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

We dont have the technology anymore apparently:

This reminds me of when Falkirk Council said they didn't have the technology to repair the snowman getting its hat knocked off Christmas decoration.

3 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

This reminds me of that fuckwit St Mirren fan who thought gravity didn't exist. 

He might have been trying to expand on a Einstein idea that we shouldn't assume objects are falling, just because to our eyes that's what appears to be happening. Prof Brian Cox had a go at it too. Being a fuckwit St Mirren fan might have limited his ability to describe to a bunch of alky/VL/sociopaths about the space-time continuum being bent around mass by gravity

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

He might have been trying to expand on a Einstein idea that we shouldn't assume objects are falling, just because to our eyes that's what appears to be happening. Prof Brian Cox had a go at it too. Being a fuckwit St Mirren fan might have limited his ability to describe to a bunch of alky/VL/sociopaths about the space-time continuum being bent around mass by gravity

Brian Cox is a fuckwit St Mirren fan? When did that happen?

Archived