Moon Landing

Saw First Man at the flicks on Saturday, got me thinking was the landing manufactured; did it actually happen? It's been 50yrs since man first landed on moon, yet apart from couple of missions directly after, no one has been back. This despite the technology on our phones being far more advanced than the 'eagle'.

What I find extraordinary is that the Chinese or the Russians haven't been up themselves, off course they would have had the technology to dispute the landings but the Americans would just counter that their rivals technology is inaccurate and made up. No winners there....

Anyways, what are peoples 'tin foil' hat thoughts on this?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m sure the Soviet Union would have been looking to disprove the landings at the first opportunity.  

Why? Americans would just say Russian technology is shite, and disprove it using their own. As I say, not in eithers interests, Soviets got first space walk, USA got first moon landing

16 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Saw First Man at the flicks on Saturday, got me thinking was the landing manufactured; did it actually happen? It's been 50yrs since man first landed on moon, yet apart from couple of missions directly after, no one has been back. This despite the technology on our phones being far more advanced than the 'eagle'.

What I find extraordinary is that the Chinese or the Russians haven't been up themselves, off course they would have had the technology to dispute the landings but the Americans would just counter that their rivals technology is inaccurate and made up. No winners there....

It's really expensive to get there, and dangerous, and now they've been and done what needed to be done there's no point in going back.  Until such time as it involves building a moon base or tourist centre or similar.  

I saw a documentary that took the conspiracy theorists' arguments and debunked them one by one.  It was a great watch and went to show that these folk really are mentalists.

It's really expensive to get there, and dangerous, and now they've been and done what needed to be done there's no point in going back.  Until such time as it involves building a moon base or tourist centre or similar.  
I saw a documentary that took the conspiracy theorists' arguments and debunked them one by one.  It was a great watch and went to show that these folk really are mentalists.
American production?

Only American could get realistically  and it really doesn't look that good to have 7 million people unemployed and people leaving hospitals bankrupt while you fire a few people up to a rock to have a look around at huge expense. Until they can cover it in solar panels or if they struck oil then I doubt they will go back any time soon.

8 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
10 minutes ago, Gnash said:

American production?

You can google Brian Cox debunking every myth as well.  Why would a member of D:Ream lie?

51 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

The moon's a dump, a few rocks lying about and that's it. I'm not surprised nobody else has bothered going.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
The moon's a dump, a few rocks lying about and that's it. I'm not surprised nobody else has bothered going.

Must be some amount of gold

Helium 3 is what everyone is after.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Think about it. If the landings had been faked, think of the thousands and thousands of people that would have had to be 'in on it'. And not once, in nearly sixty years, has one of those folk came out and said "it was faked"? Bollocks. Humans can't keep secrets.

And the reason no-one's went back is quite simple: why would they want to? It's expensive, and dangerous, and once the Americans had been there a few times and saw there was basically nothing there of note, why would China or the Russians want to waste their money?

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories but I've often wondered why the horizon looks so close in the pictures. Obviously the moon is much smaller but it only looks about 50 metres away. I don't remember it looking that close when I was there.  

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It happened and only the most astonishingly thick believe it was a hoax

Conspiracy theories allow incredibly thick people to believe they're more intelligent than everyone else.

Well there are laser reflectors up there so it's easy to prove.

I've said before but what a top trump that would be if you had went there. It must change your outlook on life and look at our petty squabbling as pathetic. I think we should spend more on space and it's sad we haven't continued exploring.

Moon fact, it moves away from the earth at the same rate your nails grow. I'm guessing they know this due to the highly accurate laser measurement.

Archived