East Fife v Brechin City

10 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

Most of the teams we have played to date had a least one motivated and often classy player.  Can't really think of any  Brechin player yesterday 

You may be right .  Mind you, if you had said that Fife would be so far in front of Brechin after our last meeting at the glebe you would have been laughed out of town.   Fitba can be like that sometimes. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of the teams we have played to date had a least one motivated and often classy player.  Can't really think of any  Brechin player yesterday 

Tapping, Jackson and Hendry are clever players.

Surprised to hear the hammer thrower shouts, Brechin one of the better footballing sides we have played this season in my opinion. Maybe an off day.

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

We have no illusions of how poor our team are playing . It is hard to watch at times but we turn up just the same in the vain hope things will get better.   What we won't put up with however is folk making up shit that just didn't happen.  Yes there was a bad tackle which Burns was rightly booked for but that apart the game was strewn with niggly wee trips and pushes from both sides which the foul count indicates as pretty even , although Orsi was cynically taken out on the far side when he looked to have beaten his man  which I thought should have warranted a booking. 

The ref was pretty lenient though and a more card happy official might have had a field day , for both sides it has to be said. 

That said Fife deserved the win .  They looked a more balanced side who controlled most of the play and are able to turn defence into attack very easily.  On the other hand  we look like we have lost the ability to attack with any real purpose.  With Dods concentrating so much on defence it is no wonder that mistakes are made when so much of our play is in our own half. 

Brutal to watch in a football sense  and yes eyebleeding at times but physical ???  No .  That is purely what most Fife fans want to believe. 

Not going to apologise about the announcer though.  She is pure Still Game material. ...................... and the fake applause is genius.  

What fake applause?

It wasn’t so long ago that Brechin team would have beat us seven days a week and I remember the pain (and not for the first time ) of losing week after week so like the majority of fans need to enjoy the good times.

The foul count suggests one team was as bad as the other and recollect a couple of EF tackles which come into the “meaty” category and would have been a booking on another day. Similarly a defender on both teams making a rather poor attempt to take out an attacking forward.

EF won because on the day we were the better team but to an earlier poster please explain how  playing on 3G  gives EF an advantage  over a season ?

Another great win and playing some excellent football! Brechin were very poor and you can see why their fans are fed up but you can only beat what's put in front o you! Looking forward to seeing the highlights as i still don't know how Dowds scored from there! Poor crowd and atmosphere again, Bayview like a morgue at times, sooner I win the Euros and build a proper stadium the better! I wish the local glory hunting bigots would support their own local side instead o being a plastic supporter who has never been to Glasgow let alone a game, barely 600 EF fans in attendance is a great shame but fingers crossed people will return. The next 3 games are tricky, one game at a time! Mon The Fife

The comments about the pitch are way out of order. I spoke to Stevie Campbell the Brechin coach & he said the pitch was fantastic & Connor Brennan said it was one of the best he’d seen. In the 14 months it’s been down only one Queen’s Park player has criticised it so that in itself says a lot!

With regards to the fake crowd sounds I’d be gobsmacked if that had been done & if it was then I for one will doing all I can to make it doesn’t happen again! We are not Clyde of 20 years ago!

What we think it may be is the announcer sits in the crowd & when she turns on the mic it may be the crowd round about her that comes thru the speakers! The home support was up circa 100 on the last few games & that was very pleasing, hopefully the vocal support will negate any need for fake noise in the future!

I know there were a good few returnees yesterday and taking the away result out of it, they couldn’t have failed to be impressed by the way we played, hopefully they will continue to come along, their attendance helps the club in many ways

Another great win and playing some excellent football! Brechin were very poor and you can see why their fans are fed up but you can only beat what's put in front o you! Looking forward to seeing the highlights as i still don't know how Dowds scored from there! Poor crowd and atmosphere again, Bayview like a morgue at times, sooner I win the Euros and built a proper stadium the better! I wish the local glory hunting bigots would support their own local side instead o being a plastic supporter who has never been to Glasgow let alone a game, barely 600 EF fans in attendance is a great shame but fingers crossed people will return. The next 3 games are tricky, one game at a time! Mon The Fife

There was around 100 more in the home end yesterday compared to earlier in the season but, of course, it would be great if they came every week & even better if they brought someone along with them

Don’t understand why Brechin fans keeping harping on about plastic pitches like it’s a disadvantage to us. We train on plastic twice a week and half of our away games are on artificial surfaces as well.

Poor stuff yesterday again, EF were more than worthy of the win. Too many players having an off day and our loan players Blues and Hendry in particular not contributing enough to the team.

As for the announcer, it was clearly the supporters around her that you could hear when she switched on the mic.

Must win against Montrose next week. Fail to do that and the pressure is firmly on Dods again.

19 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Don’t understand why Brechin fans keeping harping on about plastic pitches like it’s a disadvantage to us. We train on plastic twice a week and half of our away games are on artificial surfaces as well.

Poor stuff yesterday again, EF were more than worthy of the win. Too many players having an off day and our loan players Blues and Hendry in particular not contributing enough to the team.

As for the announcer, it was clearly the supporters around her that you could hear when she switched on the mic.

Must win against Montrose next week. Fail to do that and the pressure is firmly on Dods again.

I will always be against plastic pitches purely because of my greenkeeping background.  There is just something not right about them.  Glad to see Holland starting to outlaw them .  Maybe when we catch up in about 20 years time we will do the same !!! :lol:

Another great win and playing some excellent football! Brechin were very poor and you can see why their fans are fed up but you can only beat what's put in front o you! Looking forward to seeing the highlights as i still don't know how Dowds scored from there! Poor crowd and atmosphere again, Bayview like a morgue at times, sooner I win the Euros and build a proper stadium the better! I wish the local glory hunting bigots would support their own local side instead o being a plastic supporter who has never been to Glasgow let alone a game, barely 600 EF fans in attendance is a great shame but fingers crossed people will return. The next 3 games are tricky, one game at a time! Mon The Fife

Barely 600 East Fife fans in a crowd of 597.
No Brechin fans there then.
Then again the chain smoking announcer didn't seem to think so either.
About as one sided as every other post on here.

[emoji23]

Leave that poor woman and her nicotine habits alone.

Wow, when it gets to the stage that you have to start moaning about the volunteer announcer at away grounds, because you have run out of things to moan about your own teams inadequacy.

Deary me! Nice to see the Brechin fans taking defeat squarely on the chin! Good luck for the rest of the season, you will need it. Mon the Fife

Don't you mean as one sided as the game was???

Archived