East Fife v Brechin City

Might be getting a bit ahead of myself here by starting this, it might get rearranged so that the SPFL can kiss Bohemians arse, but I'll chance it!!!
Eight in a row or will the Choo-Choo be in the shed on Saturday night???
We really should be winning this if we have any serious thoughts about the Play-Offs, Brechin are the only Team other than Arbroath who have deservedly beaten us this season, but to be fair we achieved a new level of shiteness that day, it was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from an EF team and believe me I've seen some shite displays in my time. There's no way we can play that badly ever again, the Team now know the standards the can achieve and must know that that is the level they are going to have to play at for the rest of the season!!!
Everybody is on a high, everybody is confident, our forwards are scoring our defence isn't letting any in, we've got the best keeper we've had in years, the only thing we have to fear is if Darren Dods try's his hatchet men tactics that he did on his last visit to Bayview, two of our players hospitalised, requiring surgery, one a major knee rebuild and obviously out for the rest of the season after that last visit!!!
Our run is going to end sometime but I would be surprised if it was this weekend. If both sides play football we should win but if the "Mr. Hyde" Brechin City turn up this will be an altogether new test for our team!!!
2-0 East Fife with a Liam Watt hattrick!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just keep doing what we've been doing I suppose. I don't imagine we'll make any changes to the defence or midfield from the team that started against QotS. Young seems to like starting with either Currie & Smith or Dowds & Court up front as pairs. I'm not sure whether he's basing that on form or making a call based on which pair are most suited to the opposition. I'd be happy with either pair or any combination at the moment. Given that it's Brechin, Dowds and Court might be better suited to playing against the more 'agricultural' style defence? Then bring on Currie and Smith to 'bayonette the wounded'.

This will be a tough test, Brechin can be a pretty decent outfit but they seem to love a draw in a the league. 

However our defenders and keeper have been in such good form of late, and i always back us to score and I think 8 in a row is still on the table.  hard fought 1-0 Smith with another rocket

16 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Might be getting a bit ahead of myself here by starting this, it might get rearranged so that the SPFL can kiss Bohemians arse, but I'll chance it!!!
Eight in a row or will the Choo-Choo be in the shed on Saturday night???
We really should be winning this if we have any serious thoughts about the Play-Offs, Brechin are the only Team other than Arbroath who have deservedly beaten us this season, but to be fair we achieved a new level of shiteness that day, it was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from an EF team and believe me I've seen some shite displays in my time. There's no way we can play that badly ever again, the Team now know the standards the can achieve and must know that that is the level they are going to have to play at for the rest of the season!!!
Everybody is on a high, everybody is confident, our forwards are scoring our defence isn't letting any in, we've got the best keeper we've had in years, the only thing we have to fear is if Darren Dods try's his hatchet men tactics that he did on his last visit to Bayview, two of our players hospitalised, requiring surgery, one a major knee rebuild and obviously out for the rest of the season after that last visit!!!
Our run is going to end sometime but I would be surprised if it was this weekend. If both sides play football we should win but if the "Mr. Hyde" Brechin City turn up this will be an altogether new test for our team!!!
2-0 East Fife with a Liam Watt hattrick!!!

If I remember correctly , one of those injuries was a self inflicted one when your guy tried to take out  Willie Dyer  (I think) down our end and failed miserably.  :lol:

Anyway, it looks like being a tough test as always at Bayview with Fife being on a bit of form.   Hopefully though we  play a 4-4-2 and  take the game to EF as I fear sitting in will cause us all sorts of bother.    

If I remember correctly , one of those injuries was a self inflicted one when your guy tried to take out  Willie Dyer  (I think) down our end and failed miserably.  :lol:

Anyway, it looks like being a tough test as always at Bayview with Fife being on a bit of form.   Hopefully though we  play a 4-4-2 and  take the game to EF as I fear sitting in will cause us all sorts of bother.    

Don't think so???[emoji848]

I'm sure both were in the Sea Wall half, Wilkie just outside your box on a forward run and Wallace just outside the centre circle. Wilkie's I'm 100% sure about, Wallace's is a bit hazy if I'm being honest though, but it still basically ended his career in the Senior Leagues!!!

47 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Don't think so???emoji848.png

I'm sure both were in the Sea Wall half, Wilkie just outside your box on a forward run and Wallace just outside the centre circle. Wilkie's I'm 100% sure about, Wallace's is a bit hazy if I'm being honest though, but it still basically ended his career in the Senior Leagues!!!

There was a lot of debate at the time and I think even the video footage was pretty inconclusive .  Basically though to say Brechin went out with that as their main  tactic is a bit petty. 8)

Given our incredible run, we should absolutely nail this mob.....therefore we'll lose 2-1. 

That is the worry!!!

It's the East Fife way, go on a decent run, folk decide to come back some lagged fans, some to see what the fuss is all about and we blow it and we've got to do it all again to try and get these people to return, it's happened so often down the years that the regulars expect it!!!

If we win tomorrow it will show that not only has our football changed but the mentality has as well which in a way is the more important thing!!!

#8inarow-hereshoping

Don't think so???[emoji848]

From what I remember you were to busy wiping the slavers off your jacket to notice what was going on[emoji16]

With a full squad available I don’t see any reason why we can’t carry on the fantastic run of form. Young hasn’t been afraid to freshen up the strikers and hasn’t allowed complacency to sink it. We still have guys like Linton and Docherty currently picking splinters out of their behinds on the bench waiting for their chance to get back into the team.

Given that it's Brechin, Dowds and Court might be better suited to playing against the more 'agricultural' style defence? Then bring on Currie and Smith to 'bayonette the wounded'.

^^^ nailed it!!!

HT

East Fife 1-0 Brechin City

How is this only 1-0???

Arbroath getting beat, Raith just sneaking ahead but it's all looking alrighty at the moment!!!

Archived