The Jamal Khashoggi Case

Dee Man

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Don't think this is true.  However, some of the Vienna conventions mean that the local authorities don't have the given right to enter another country's consulate, even if the land belongs to them.  Consulates are not tiny exclaves as such.

Sorry to be pedantic.

Article 21
1. The receiving State shall either facilitate the acquisition on its territory, in accordance with its laws, by the sending State of premises necessary for its mission or assist the latter in obtaining accommodation in some other way.
2. It shall also, where necessary, assist missions in obtaining suitable accommodation for their members.

Article 22
1. The premises of the mission shall be inviolable. The agents of the receiving State may not enter them, except with the consent of the head of the mission.

2. The receiving State is under a special duty to take all appropriate steps to protect the premises of the mission against any intrusion or damage and to prevent any disturbance of the peace of the mission or impairment of its dignity.

3. The premises of the mission, their furnishings and other property thereon and the means of transport of the mission shall be immune from search, requisition, attachment or execution.

Article 23
1. The sending State and the head of the mission shall be exempt from all national, regional or municipal dues and taxes in respect of the premises of the mission, whether owned or leased, other than such as represent payment for specific services rendered.

2. The exemption from taxation referred to in this article shall not apply to such dues and taxes payable under the law of the receiving State by persons contracting with the sending State or the head of the mission.

Article 24
The archives and documents of the mission shall be inviolable at any time and wherever they may be.

Article 25
The receiving State shall accord full facilities for the performance of the functions of the mission.

I assume thats how the Iranian Embassy was allowed to be stormed (had permission?) and they couldn't do hee haw over the Yvonne Fletcher killing.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bandstand said:

The Saudis are literally starving the Yemenis do death as well as bombing the shit out of the place

But they are using western bought weapons so no one gives a shit

Im having a hard time getting worked up over the murder of a Saudi propagandist that fell foul of his government

Then you are taking a very narrow view.  This goes beyond one individual, it is about a despotic regime carrying out a terrible act with impunity believing that there will be no repercussions.

In that respect it is very similar to the Salisbury poisoning.

The one super power in the world is led by a man who is giving a pass to despots and dictators and they are taking full advantage.

1 hour ago, Bandstand said:

The Saudis are literally starving the Yemenis do death as well as bombing the shit out of the place

But they are using western bought weapons so no one gives a shit

Im having a hard time getting worked up over the murder of a Saudi propagandist that fell foul of his government

The Saudis can claim all their atrocities in Yemen were a mistake or collateral damage. If the recordings exist and are accurate, then we know that the Crown Prince had members of his personal bodyguard along with a forensic surgeon chop up a journalist in a Saudi Embassy in Istanbul, while he was still alive. Should we just ignore the chance to nail the fucker? 

39 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Then you are taking a very narrow view.  This goes beyond one individual, it is about a despotic regime carrying out a terrible act with impunity believing that there will be no repercussions.

In that respect it is very similar to the Salisbury poisoning.

The one super power in the world is led by a man who is giving a pass to despots and dictators and they are taking full advantage.

Lol.

China haven't said shit about it.

21 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He's not going to be nailed.

He just won't be hanging out in public with American celebrities, politicians and oligarchs for a while. Unless it's Kanye West.

If his fellow princes see him a liability he's gone.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The Saudis can claim all their atrocities in Yemen were a mistake or collateral damage. If the recordings exist and are accurate, then we know that the Crown Prince had members of his personal bodyguard along with a forensic surgeon chop up a journalist in a Saudi Embassy in Istanbul, while he was still alive. Should we just ignore the chance to nail the fucker? 

I'm not saying ignore it,its just a shame that it took the killing of one of his lackeys for the world to sit up and take notice of the c**t

On 17/10/2018 at 17:38, Dee Man said:

As Turkish forensic scientists enter the Saudi consul-general's residence in Istanbul looking for evidence of Jamal Khashoggi's murder, reports suggest he was dismembered by the Saudi's head of forensic evidence on a table in the study over 7 minutes while still alive. As any considerate person would do if they were dismembering someone, he suggested to the others in the room that they should put on headphones and listen to music while he went about his business as that's what he usually does. What a nice guy. 

What I don't get is why it took so long for the Turkish investigators to enter the Saudi's properties - I'm guessing it's because they were soverign territory of the Saudi's and couldn't be entered without permission - and secondly, why was the consul-general allowed to leave the country since he is heard on the tape shortly before Khashoggi is killed?

Are any p&b'ers experts in Saudi/Turkish diplomatic relations?

Have any p&b'ers ever been dismembered while still alive on a table in a foreign consulate?

Have you thought about contacting your local Saudi embassy to tell them Billy Dodds has been critical of the Crown Prince?

38 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Have you thought about contacting your local Saudi embassy to tell them Billy Dodds has been critical of the Crown Prince?

Hmmm... *strokes chin* 

You don't happen to have Mohammad bin Salman's number by any chance?

Big fukin deal...  They are not related to me, I have no intention of ever visiting their god forsaken country. Let them kill each other if they want to. Can’t understand why people from here get so bothered about them.

Some posters on here seem to not get the fact that getting Mohammed bin Salman for organizing a brutal murder in Istanbul could put someone in power less keen on mass slaughter and starvation in Yemen. 

7 minutes ago, supermik said:

Big fukin deal...  They are not related to me, I have no intention of ever visiting their god forsaken country. Let them kill each other if they want to. Can’t understand why people from here get so bothered about them.

Probably because to any sane person capable of empathy, the idea of another human being carved up whilst alive is absolutely abhorrent. 

Oh wait, the dismembering happened in Turkey to a Saudi Arabian? Carry on then!

Why the feck do people want to spend their one and only time on this earth bothering about people that they do not know? I could not give a monkeys chuff about the majority of my "family", so forgive me if I can’t be arsed about a bunch of strangers.

16 minutes ago, supermik said:

Why the feck do people want to spend their one and only time on this earth bothering about people that they do not know? I could not give a monkeys chuff about the majority of my "family", so forgive me if I can’t be arsed about a bunch of strangers.

No cheese left in the fridge? 

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No cheese left in the fridge? 

Oohh, such a retort. What a fukin child you really are! Have I ever had a dig at you about apparently going to places on your own? Grow up..

2 hours ago, supermik said:

There are strangers all over the planet who you will never meet whose actions could have direct or indirect impact on your life. Billy Dodds being just one example from my own personal experience. 

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Some posters on here seem to not get the fact that getting Mohammed bin Salman for organizing a brutal murder in Istanbul could put someone in power less keen on mass slaughter and starvation in Yemen. 

Or someone more keen.

Archived