The Jamal Khashoggi Case

Dee Man

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think the whole thing is almost unspeakable. 

And the smarm, and power politics, going on to come up with some glib explanation just about makes me puke. 

And really, you could pour the Saudis, Salman, Trump, Pompeo, and half the British government, and it's arms salemen 

into a single concrete mixer,

let it run for a few minutes, and you'd hardly be able to tell the difference between the lot of them. 

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I blame myself.  I advised him not to get mixed up with these guys; I should have strongly advised him.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Saudis are going to release a statement admitting that Khashoggi was killed during a failed interrogation.

"We've abducted, killed and dismembered a journalist by mistake!"

Image result for withnail and i mistake

"He fell onto the bone saw".

Just now, pittsburgh phil said:

Wonder what tunes they had on their iPods as they (allegedly) dismembered a living man.

Death metal? Classical? Something light and poppy?

"The first cut is the deepest" obviously.

Big Rod fans apparently.

The Saudis are literally starving the Yemenis do death as well as bombing the shit out of the place

But they are using western bought weapons so no one gives a shit

Im having a hard time getting worked up over the murder of a Saudi propagandist that fell foul of his government

23 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

PS - your assumption of why the Turkish investigators were not allowed in sooner is correct, a consulate is classed as being part of that country. Hence why British popo cannot just walk into the embassy holding Assange and take him away.

Don't think this is true.  However, some of the Vienna conventions mean that the local authorities don't have the given right to enter another country's consulate, even if the land belongs to them.  Consulates are not tiny exclaves as such.

Sorry to be pedantic.

Archived