The Jamal Khashoggi Case

Dee Man

As Turkish forensic scientists enter the Saudi consul-general's residence in Istanbul looking for evidence of Jamal Khashoggi's murder, reports suggest he was dismembered by the Saudi's head of forensic evidence on a table in the study over 7 minutes while still alive. As any considerate person would do if they were dismembering someone, he suggested to the others in the room that they should put on headphones and listen to music while he went about his business as that's what he usually does. What a nice guy. 

What I don't get is why it took so long for the Turkish investigators to enter the Saudi's properties - I'm guessing it's because they were soverign territory of the Saudi's and couldn't be entered without permission - and secondly, why was the consul-general allowed to leave the country since he is heard on the tape shortly before Khashoggi is killed?

Are any p&b'ers experts in Saudi/Turkish diplomatic relations?

Have any p&b'ers ever been dismembered while still alive on a table in a foreign consulate?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole thing is a joke both to humanity and politics.

However I am not too annoyed or outraged at the Saudi’s because I would assume that 90% of governments around the world kill people, some in ways as bad or worse than this, on a daily or weekly basis.

I would follow this up by saying “humanity is fucked” but then again I would assume this type of thing has happened as far back as the history of humans.

PS - your assumption of why the Turkish investigators were not allowed in sooner is correct, a consulate is classed as being part of that country. Hence why British popo cannot just walk into the embassy holding Assange and take him away.

The Consul General presumably had diplomatic immunity, and the Turks couldn't have entered the buildings without permission. Sounds like they painted over everything with gloss paint, I'll bear that in mind for the future. They say they drugged him before sawing him up alive. Hope they knocked him out rather than just paralyzing him so he couldn't scream. 

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Consul General presumably had diplomatic immunity, and the Turks couldn't have entered the buildings without permission. Sounds like they painted over everything with gloss paint, I'll bear that in mind for the future. They say they drugged him before sawing him up alive. Hope they knocked him out rather than just paralyzing him so he couldn't scream. 

Apparently there were screams heard on the tape. Allegedly the first thing they did was chop his fingers off so maybe they did that before the drugs had kicked in. Charming. 

11 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

The whole thing is a joke both to humanity and politics.

However I am not too annoyed or outraged at the Saudi’s because I would assume that 90% of governments around the world kill people, some in ways as bad or worse than this, on a daily or weekly basis.

I would follow this up by saying “humanity is fucked” but then again I would assume this type of thing has happened as far back as the history of humans.

PS - your assumption of why the Turkish investigators were not allowed in sooner is correct, a consulate is classed as being part of that country. Hence why British popo cannot just walk into the embassy holding Assange and take him away.

Aye, boys will be boys, why the fuss. Jesus.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Aye, boys will be boys, why the fuss. Jesus.

I'm not really saying that I'm just saying that its not unique to Saudi I would guess. 

The first line of my post sums up my feelings on the thing, I'm not justifying it.

3 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

You don't think so?

I think the Saudi government is considerably worse at human rights than near enough every country in the world, and relative to the GDP of the country and the quality of life possible via that they're a complete fucking bin. Have a wee read and tell me if you really think there are countries in the world that are third world and/or in the middle of civil war that are comparable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think the Saudi government is considerably worse at human rights than near enough every country in the world, and relative to the GDP of the country and the quality of life possible via that they're a complete fucking bin. Have a wee read and tell me if you really think there are countries in the world that are third world and/or in the middle of civil war that are comparable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia

Cheers, will do.

Moving away from human rights - do you think most governments around the world will illegally kill people each year and cover it up or have I been watched the film Conspiracy Theory too many times?

Image result for conspiracy theory mel gibson gif

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Interesting stuff. I'd have received a few lashes for the weekend just gone for apostasy and drunkeness if I'd been in the Kingdom.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

And add the fact they've been promoting Jihadism globally for decades by setting up schools, mosques and sending out extremist teachers.

18 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Interesting stuff. I'd have received a few lashes for the weekend just gone for apostasy and drunkeness if I'd been in the Kingdom.

Don’t think you could be an apostate.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t think you could be an apostate.

Having re-read the definition you are quite right.  I did definitely commit blasphemy though. 

Come at me, Mohammad Bin Salman. 

Archived