Bohemians v East Fife - Diddy Cup 1/4 Final

King Kebab

Admission Prices For Irn Bru Cup Quarter Final

Details
 Created: 18 December 2018

Our Irn Bru Cup Quarter Final tie against Bohemians takes place at Dalymount Park, Dublin on Saturday 2nd February 2019.

The admission prices have now been confirmed as follows:

Adults - €15

Over 65s - €10

Students U18 - €10 (a valid student card must be presented)

Under 13s - €5

Tickets can be purchased in advance by visiting www.tickets.bohemians.ie however pay-at-the-gate will be available on matchday.

Bohemians have advised us that East Fife supporters are welcome in the club bars before (from 1 pm) and after the game. The club bars will be showing the Ireland v England Six Nations match and host live music post-match.

This is the final Quarter Final match to be played this season with an away trip to Ross County awaiting the winners on Friday 15th February, a match that will be shown live on both BBC Alba and BT Sports. Edinburgh City and Connah’s Quay Nomands are due to face each other in the other semi-final.

Facebook Twitter Google+ Share
Somebody better tell BT Sport that then, since they don't cover this competition. They do cover the European Rugby Challenge Cup - Although the semi finals are quite a way off yet (quarter finals in March). If you could find any press release by the SPFL or BT that they are showing the game then fair enough, but it looks like an error on East Fife's part.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So , we are sitting here on a plane containing lots of the Fife faithful. We should be discussing the whys and wherefores of the game yesterday, whether we deserved to win or lose, what we can do in the next round. etc etc. What are we all discussing? How did this shambles be allowed to happen? And 48 hrs after leaving home, we are no further forward. It was a shambles in November, that has been simply compounded into an irretrievable situation. Over to you Doncaster!

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Why would it be on BT Sport when the rights to the competition are held by Alba, S4C and Premier?

It's on BBC Alba and BTSport.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/irn-bru-cup-semi-final-details-45241

Perhaps they've specially contracted with them as they've slots wanting filled (it's an FA Cup weekend), or let them swap a league game for it.

PremierSports haven't actually used their rights since November 2016, btw!

What line did u take ? Money back ? I will also email them, just unsure how to describe such a cluster f**k, in a small amount of words
I've asked if they will compensate the East Fife supporters who made the trip for nothing, asked why there was no pitch inspection despite the weather forecast and I've also asked why there was no SPFL representation at game considering it's their tournament and the big one is when is that clown Doncaster going to be sacked.

Somebody better tell BT Sport that then, since they don't cover this competition. They do cover the European Rugby Challenge Cup - Although the semi finals are quite a way off yet (quarter finals in March). If you could find any press release by the SPFL or BT that they are showing the game then fair enough, but it looks like an error on East Fife's part.

It’s not an error it’s definitely being covered by BT [emoji1417]

IMG_3724.jpg

47 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Anything other than lobbing Bohemians out would be a shambles.

Time to finally get this format in the sea (along with Doncaster): 30 1st/2nd/3rd division clubs, 18 highland, 16 lowland to make a perfectly workable 64 team knockout cup.  Regionalise and seed the first two rounds so you are almost guaranteed a game against at least one team you'd almost certainly not play in the normal run of things. No more Colts, and no more wasting time and money on clusterfuckery like yesterday. 

It would be perfectly workable as a competition, but would it be affordable for the clubs? Skyline Drifter and several others have posted on here before that clubs were struggling to break even from the Challenge Cup prior to the changes to the format.

9 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:
44 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

What line did u take ? Money back ? I will also email them, just unsure how to describe such a cluster f**k, in a small amount of words

I've asked if they will compensate the East Fife supporters who made the trip for nothing, asked why there was no pitch inspection despite the weather forecast and I've also asked why there was no SPFL representation at game considering it's their tournament and the big one is when is that clown Doncaster going to be sacked.

Do the SPFL typically send someone to every single game in every single one of their competitions? They only have something like 10 employees.

SPFL have issued a statement - Scotland on Sunday:

An SPFL spokesperson said:

"We will gather information over the weekend and then meet on Monday to discuss what should happen in relation to the tie.

"It is an unfortunate, and fairly unique situation, and any decision made will look at what options, that do not impact further on the smooth running of the competition, are available".

Falkirk tweet raises possibility of it being tried again in 2 weeks, delaying SF, with Ross County v Falkirk in league being reinstated.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Do the SPFL typically send someone to every single game in every single one of their competitions?

In fairness this was hardly a run-of-the-mill league match between Brechin and Stenhousemuir. In the circumstances it does surprise me if no official was detailed, tbh.

The Spfl are going to cover their backs at every opportunity.  So I would think that an email to Irn Bru management would have more success in getting a fair response to the issue. It would be good to copy all relevant Scottish clubs into this . This debacle as with previous  debacles in this saga does nothing for the sponsors.

Alternatively  a protest outside Spfl offices.

Or if anyone has access to a mobile muck spreader that might be an idea 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It would be perfectly workable as a competition, but would it be affordable for the clubs? Skyline Drifter and several others have posted on here before that clubs were struggling to break even from the Challenge Cup prior to the changes to the format.

ROI clubs are problem as their season is out of sync - they maybe have to go.  LL/HL clubs coming in isn't going to be more attractive for SPFL clubs as no TV interest in them

Agree with Da Baracus. I’d imagine a trip to Dublin will be up there with the best days following their club for a lot of East Fife fans, as trips to Wales were for Dumbarton and Queen’s Park fans.
I’d punt Bohemians out the tournament, and the colt teams can do one, but I think it’s a rare positive move by our authorities to invite these clubs. Small clubs like Partick, Falkirk and Dunfermline getting the chance to play competitive games in other countries has to be a good thing, and a great occasion for their fans. 
Getting rid of the colts teams is a must as they bring nothing to Scottish football. Lowland and Highland teams benifit from the higher crowds generated and is appreciated much more.

Crusaders v Livi having to be played again.
after Livingston won the tie it had to be voided and played again on midweek due to a suspended player.

Phantom 4th sub.
I can't recall the tie off-hand (possibly involved Ayr?) but a club wasn't allowed their 4th sub in extra-time as the match officials hadn't been briefed on the rules/vice versa

Wrong penalty shoot-out.
TNS v Livingston was played using the wrong format of penalty shoot-out (ABBA system) as the match officials hadn't been briefed on the rules

Connah's Quay and the train.
they had to sweat through extra-time at Dumbarton - then head for Queen Street Station in their kit? - as they hadn't allowed enough time to catch their train

Pair of Eire clubs being refused places
Bray defaulted on wages so were replaced by Limerick. Hardly were they announced (same day?) when they couldn't enter due to financial difficulties...

then St Pats not even wanting a slot.
... their slot then passed to St Patrick's who in a ringing endorsement of the tournament essentially said "thanks but no thanks". Sligo finally took the slot.

Bangor getting debarred.
Bangor qualified, having been runners-up in last season's Welsh Premier, but failed to obtain an FAW licence and were relegated. Connah's Quay took the slot.

Bohemians v East Fife being delayed 3 months as they were off on holiday.
today's tie was supposed to be 11 weeks ago. It was delayed as Bohemians couldn't field a team in their off-season.

Now today's debacle.

EDIT: Although not directly involving non-Scottish sides - you could also add the fact 2 English 5th tier sides were invited this season even though there wasn't space.

This meant that 2 Lowland and 2 Highland teams, who had been invited and finished 3rd & 4th in their leagues, had to unexpectedly play-off to get in.

In the Lowland's case East Stirlingshire won away to BSCG... so the club who finished 4th played in the tournament proper, but the club who finished 3rd didn't!
Agree wholeheartedly, I watch lowland league football on occasions. The top 4 teams in that league are starting to become a regular occurancecof the same teams. Having something for the rest of the league to compete for with more places available would be more appreciated by them.

Agree with others saying Bohemians should be thrown out. It’s the only fair way to move forward and will set the standards for all these other diddy non-Scottish teams.

The tournament was getting some heavy stick on Open All Mics on Saturday night for inviting these sides to take part. I don’t think it’s bad idea at all, quite the opposite. As Ali said earlier - this is a great opportunity for fans of wee teams to see their team play outside of Scotland. You ask any Dumbarton fan what they thought of their trip to Wales and they’ll probably tell you it was one of, if not the greatest away trip they’ve ever had supporting the club. It’s a great idea for a tournament and it’s good for the fans. Heaven forbid if we ever got relegated I’d fucking love to draw a team from Dublin or something. It would be quality.

The problems with the tournament are lack of organisation. This call off is a complete farce and there should have been plans in place for such situations when the tournament was created.

The other problem is the fucking colts. They are the main thing tarnishing the integrity of the competition.

17 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

ROI clubs are problem as their season is out of sync - they maybe have to go.  LL/HL clubs coming in isn't going to be more attractive for SPFL clubs as no TV interest in them

The way the SPFL dealt with is, is what created this farce in the first place. To be fair to Bohs, when they got invited they actually indicated that playing a QF tie if they'd get that far would be problematic due to the football calendar over there. The SPFL basically just told them they'd deal with the situation if and when that happens. If you decide to invite teams from the Republic of Ireland,  who have a wholly different season, you need to take that into account when scheduling the dates for the competition, it's as simple as that.

I've got no problem with the foreign sides as long as it's dealt with properly. I'd love to see some HL/LL sides replace the colts though. I don't think it's right to just have all HL/LL with Championship, L1 & L2 in a 64 team tournament. That is because the bottom of the HL/LL (especially the former) is really too poor for this competition. Imagine Ross County v Fort William, that would be absolute murder...

Archived