Bohemians v East Fife - Diddy Cup 1/4 Final

King Kebab

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

In a couple of seasons it's only been Bohemians who have fucked things up, and that's only because the SPFL have let them.

There have been regular cock-ups and embarrassments! Crusaders v Livi having to be played gain. Phantom 4th sub. Wrong penalty shoot-out. Connah's Quay and the train. Pair of Eire clubs being refused places then St Pats not even wanting a slot. Bangor getting debarred. Bohemians v East Fife being delayed 3 months as they were off on holiday. Now today's debacle.

Whether it's the clubs or the authorities, socks need pulling up.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

There have been regular cock-ups and embarrassments! Crusaders v Livi having to be played gain. Phantom 4th sub. Wrong penalty shoot-out. Connah's Quay and the train. Pair of Eire clubs being refused places then St Pats not even wanting a slot. Bangor getting debarred. Bohemians v East Fife being delayed 3 months as they were off on holiday. Now today's debacle.

Haha! I have to admit not knowing about these incidents. I would enjoy the details if you'd be kind enough to provide details/links.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Haha! I have to admit not knowing about these incidents. I would enjoy the details if you'd be kind enough to provide details/links.

Crusaders v Livi having to be played again.
after Livingston won the tie it had to be voided and played again on midweek due to a suspended player.

Phantom 4th sub.
I can't recall the tie off-hand (possibly involved Ayr?) but a club wasn't allowed their 4th sub in extra-time as the match officials hadn't been briefed on the rules/vice versa

Wrong penalty shoot-out.
TNS v Livingston was played using the wrong format of penalty shoot-out (ABBA system) as the match officials hadn't been briefed on the rules

Connah's Quay and the train.
they had to sweat through extra-time at Dumbarton - then head for Queen Street Station in their kit? - as they hadn't allowed enough time to catch their train

Pair of Eire clubs being refused places
Bray defaulted on wages so were replaced by Limerick. Hardly were they announced (same day?) when they couldn't enter due to financial difficulties...

then St Pats not even wanting a slot.
... their slot then passed to St Patrick's who in a ringing endorsement of the tournament essentially said "thanks but no thanks". Sligo finally took the slot.

Bangor getting debarred.
Bangor qualified, having been runners-up in last season's Welsh Premier, but failed to obtain an FAW licence and were relegated. Connah's Quay took the slot.

Bohemians v East Fife being delayed 3 months as they were off on holiday.
today's tie was supposed to be 11 weeks ago. It was delayed as Bohemians couldn't field a team in their off-season.

Now today's debacle.

EDIT: Although not directly involving non-Scottish sides - you could also add the fact 2 English 5th tier sides were invited this season even though there wasn't space.

This meant that 2 Lowland and 2 Highland teams, who had been invited and finished 3rd & 4th in their leagues, had to unexpectedly play-off to get in.

In the Lowland's case East Stirlingshire won away to BSCG... so the club who finished 4th played in the tournament proper, but the club who finished 3rd didn't!

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Crusaders v Livi having to be played again.
after Livingston won the tie it had to be voided and played again on midweek due to a suspended player.

Phantom 4th sub.
I can't recall the tie off-hand (possibly involved Ayr?) but a club wasn't allowed their 4th sub in extra-time as the match officials hadn't been briefed on the rules/vice versa

Wrong penalty shoot-out.
TNS v Livingston was played using the wrong format of penalty shoot-out (ABBA system) as the match officials hadn't been briefed on the rules

Connah's Quay and the train.
they had to sweat through extra-time at Dumbarton - then head for Queen Street Station in their kit? - as they hadn't allowed enough time to catch their train

Pair of Eire clubs being refused places
Bray defaulted on wages so were replaced by Limerick. Hardly were they announced (same day?) when they couldn't enter due to financial difficulties...

then St Pats not even wanting a slot.
... their slot then passed to St Patrick's who in a ringing endorsement of the tournament essentially said "thanks but no thanks". Sligo finally took the slot.

Bangor getting debarred.
Bangor qualified, having been runners-up in last season's Welsh Premier, but failed to obtain an FAW licence and were relegated. Connah's Quay took the slot.

Bohemians v East Fife being delayed 3 months as they were off on holiday.
today's tie was supposed to be 11 weeks ago. It was delayed as Bohemians couldn't field a team in their off-season.

Now today's debacle.

EDIT: Although not directly involving non-Scottish sides - you could also add the fact 2 English 5th tier sides were invited this season even though there wasn't space.

This meant that 2 Lowland and 2 Highland teams, who had been invited and finished 3rd & 4th in their leagues, had to unexpectedly play-off to get in.

In the Lowland's case East Stirlingshire won away to BSCG... so the club who finished 4th played in the tournament proper, but the club who finished 3rd didn't!

:lol:

Thanks! Had no idea about that stuff!

I'm still for the Welsh/Irish/English/Northern Irish teams being in the tournament as long as the rules specify the dates and that if s club cannot commit they should withdraw in advance and their spot go to the next ranked team. Should a team be unable to fulfil a fixture they should be punted from the competition 

I'm still for the Welsh/Irish/English/Northern Irish teams being in the tournament as long as the rules specify the dates and that if s club cannot commit they should withdraw in advance and their spot go to the next ranked team. Should a team be unable to fulfil a fixture they should be punted from the competition 

This.

44 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Second that, once a team can't play award the tie to the other team favour of this cup very much travel much  and for Bohemians twice is enough should be a lesson to take they can not fulfil this fixture then just move the other team on but if any of the TNS, etc do thats a great day for clubs NOT the big two in europe where fans get to see a tie big as this is great should of handled it better when they can't play the tie but for the colts i hugely disagree takes the excitement away for ties put more welsh, lowland or english 5th and 6th tiers in instead sorted for a trip to Darlington would be sweet even Notts county away.

But big day awaits on monday from the head of the assiociation of the SFA and FAI.

3 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Second that, once a team can't play award the tie to the other team favour of this cup very much travel much  and for Bohemians twice is enough should be a lesson to take they can not fulfil this fixture then just move the other team on but if any of the TNS, etc do thats a great day for clubs NOT the big two in europe where fans get to see a tie big as this is great should of handled it better when they can't play the tie but for the colts i hugely disagree takes the excitement away for ties put more welsh, lowland or english 5th and 6th tiers in instead sorted for a trip to Darlington would be sweet even Notts county away.

But big day awaits on monday from the head of the assiociation of the SFA and FAI.

Well said.

Will the SPFL reimburse East Fife fans in full for what was a complete waste of time, money and effort going to Dublin for a Scottish tournament game that clearly was never going to happen?

Will the SPFL apologise to all concerned and admit they have made a complete c**t off things and award East Fife the tie?

Will the SPFL now realise that their dream tournament simply doesn't work and either scrap this cluster f**k off a tournament all together or leave out colt teams and non Scottish sides and replace with Highland, Lowland and Junior sides who want to participate in this cup?

Will Bohemians FC face punishment for such a late call off, having the cheek to take money off supporters for a game that was never going to go ahead and for failing to even make an attempt to get the game played?

So many questions need answered! We've been fucked about from pillar to post and our board should put the foot down and if things don't go in our favour at so called meeting on Monday we should tell them to ram it, withdraw and refuse to participate in next season's tournament if it's the same format! I'm raging and I didn't even go to Dublin, feel for the supporters who spent a small fortune being there to support the club!

What a complete shambles and heads should roll! Well played Neil Doncaster [emoji867]

Will the SPFL reimburse East Fife fans in full for what was a complete waste of time, money and effort going to Dublin for a Scottish tournament game that clearly was never going to happen?

Will the SPFL apologise to all concerned and admit they have made a complete c**t off things and award East Fife the tie?

Will the SPFL now realise that their dream tournament simply doesn't work and either scrap this cluster f**k off a tournament all together or leave out colt teams and non Scottish sides and replace with Highland, Lowland and Junior sides who want to participate in this cup?

Will Bohemians FC face punishment for such a late call off, having the cheek to take money off supporters for a game that was never going to go ahead and for failing to even make an attempt to get the game played?

So many questions need answered! We've been fucked about from pillar to post and our board should put the foot down and if things don't go in our favour at so called meeting on Monday we should tell them to ram it, withdraw and refuse to participate in next season's tournament if it's the same format! I'm raging and I didn't even go to Dublin, feel for the supporters who spent a small fortune being there to support the club!

What a complete shambles and heads should roll! Well played Neil Doncaster [emoji867]

As much as I was annoyed with the whole shambles yesterday, I have not seen anyone post that Bohemians DID actually refund the ticket price before we left the stadium.
If we going to be critical of their handling, then we must make everyone aware of this fact.

Regardless of fans getting their admission money back or not, Bohemians are a tin pot outfit who should apologise to all concerned and withdraw/concede the tie at the earliest opportunity! I'm looking forward to the SPFL making us play this tie midweek sometime in Sept after the final has been played....

49 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

As much as I was annoyed with the whole shambles yesterday, I have not seen anyone post that Bohemians DID actually refund the ticket price before we left the stadium.
If we going to be critical of their handling, then we must make everyone aware of this fact.

They were legally obliged too. What is interesting is home fans complaining they weren't giving tickets out later on so can't  claim money back. So I certainly wouldn't be praising their incompetence 

Was not in the ground but fife fans told me they were told to go to the bar with their ticket stubs to get their money back

Didn’t tell us!

I will say it again.

They made two announcements before the game in the ground.. The first was that they would give us an update shortly on whether the game would be played or not. At 2.58 they confirmed that the game was off.

They knew hours ahead that the game would not be played but still took ticket money at the gate. A late announcement also ensured that the bars at the ground were busy until the last possible moment.Classless.......

Archived