Bohemians v East Fife - Diddy Cup 1/4 Final

King Kebab

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye when they dodged out of  playing in November.

Inviting a team to take part in a tournament that they won't be able to field a team in is pretty embarrassing stuff. 

They'll do again though, they never learn.

Great success by Doncaster and the rest of his cronies though. Allowing a team who could not play at the quarter final stage or beyond until 3 months later is ridiculous. We have some utter diddies running our game who show disregard for the supporters. Get this mob thrown out of the competition and take our place in the semi final. We will now have 3 league matches to catch up on midweek and then wait for the outcome of this fiasco.

If this does go ahead, when could it possibly be? Midweek is surely a no go as we’re a part time team and it’s not as if the players can take a half day and go to a game an hour or two up the road, ready for work the next day.

If it’s a weekend, next weekend is a no go due to Scottish Cup, the following weekend would be difficult for the club to get flights and accommodation for 30 people with less than two weeks notice. That takes you to the weekend of the 23rd February, a possibility but another weekend with six nations in Dublin so accommodation will be expensive (and who pays for all of these new flights and accommodation since the club will have spent their travel allowance). Following weekend is Scottish Cup and you’re then in mid March before the semi has been played, never mind the final.

Basically, it’s looking like a logistical nightmare, so just give Fife the win and let’s all move on the semi final against Ross County in a couple of weeks. See you at Dingwall!

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Couple of facts from today...

1 - At no point during the week was any attempt made to protect the pitch from the elements, no covers, no heaters, no straw down, nothing, even though the weather forecast all week has said its going to be freezing!!!

2 - At what time would you expect a groundsman and his team to be working on a playing surface that ran the slightest risk of being unable to cope with severe weather conditions, 7am? 8am? 10am? Well you'd be wrong, the first person in to check the pitch, before the match officials arrived today, did so at 1pm!!!

Bohemians had absolutely NO intention of playing that game today and just like back in November have got away with it again!!!

Get them and their Mickey Mouse organisation to f**k and get them to take ours as well in the form of Doncaster and his mates!!!

All very badly handled and everything but could have been a great weekend for East Fife fans if they hadn't fucked it up. I'd bring more countries into it, maybe a couple with a warmer climate and beaches! Don't see why foreign away days should be restricted to the big teams. 

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:

Can't affect the Scottish Cup as that tournament will always take precedent.

Actually... back in 2013-14 when Annan reached the Challenge Cup SFs and lost to Raith Rovers on Sunday 13th October, they had a replay in Scottish Cup R2 (having drawn 0-0 at Buckie on Saturday 5th), and SFA allowed it to be held on Saturday 19th rather than cancel Challenge Cup SF.

However bit different with Scottish Cup R5, not R2 - and of course R6 is only 3 weeks after R5.

Absolute shambles I was at the ground before 1pm nobody there. Referee get into Dublin at noon from Wales inspects pitch at 1.30 puts game off 2.55pm. Punters still paying to get in after this. Half time draw tickets still being sold  I would suggest this is criminal theft. Announcer says retain ticket stub for  rearranged game no way the ruling is that punters get their money back if game doesn't start. Absolute disgrace I will be writing  to CEO of Irn Bru asking if they are aware of the reputational damage being done to their company by the utter incompetence of Doncaster and his cronies. If any of these wallopers can look in the mirror and  see how their total tinpot ideas have so much financial impact on member clubs this idiocy costs. Also the emotional and financial impact todays farce had on families particularly  travelling to a non event

The semi Final is scheduled for Friday 15 Feb on TV so unlikely that will be moved.

I can’t see how the rearranged match could be before this though? Meeting isn’t until Monday (4th), you’d expect if the semi is Friday 15th then the very very latest the quarter could be is Tuesday 12th. We can’t be expected to sort a trip out with a week’s notice. Again, another reason to award us the win.

22 minutes ago, westcoastfifer said:

I can’t see how the rearranged match could be before this though? Meeting isn’t until Monday (4th), you’d expect if the semi is Friday 15th then the very very latest the quarter could be is Tuesday 12th. We can’t be expected to sort a trip out with a week’s notice. Again, another reason to award us the win.

Unless you had a Scottish Cup tie that night i.e. East Fife v Partick coming Saturday ends postponed or drawn?

Plus of course if Bohemians won they'd have to make arrangements to get from Eire to Dingwall at 2 days notice.

Was outside the ground at 20 to 3 and we stopped as many fife fans as possible going into the stadium
as we were sure the game was going to be called off, met up with the platers later in Doyles in the city centre, Daryll Megatt was class bought us a drink as soon as we walked into the pub # mon the fife

Don't know what your laughing at ya twat another wonderful result for the mighty raith rovers today # squeaking back, by the way Dublins not a bad place to spend a weekend football postponed or not
[emoji1]

At least your playing staff would be happy to get their big night out started a couple of hours early.

Absolute shambles I was at the ground before 1pm nobody there. Referee get into Dublin at noon from Wales inspects pitch at 1.30 puts game off 2.55pm. Punters still paying to get in after this. Half time draw tickets still being sold  I would suggest this is criminal theft. Announcer says retain ticket stub for  rearranged game no way the ruling is that punters get their money back if game doesn't start. Absolute disgrace I will be writing  to CEO of Irn Bru asking if they are aware of the reputational damage being done to their company by the utter incompetence of Doncaster and his cronies. If any of these wallopers can look in the mirror and  see how their total tinpot ideas have so much financial impact on member clubs this idiocy costs. Also the emotional and financial impact todays farce had on families particularly  travelling to a non event
Emotional impact [emoji23]

This really doesn't paint the Irish team in a very good light and makes the SPFL look amateur at best, I hope East Fife absolutely batter the SPFL for all they can, get cash back for the cost incurred for travelling and for the hard core fans. It is utterly outrageous that a European tie would be delayed this long because a team can't field a team and then that team would take no precautions to protect the pitch. Make sure you get your ticket money back before leaving Ireland as it will probably be a pain to do it long distance. I would imagine that this advice stands as standard across the EU https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/event-tickets/event-tickets/getting-a-refund-on-an-event-ticket/

7 hours ago, foreverarover said:

What they should do is get the non Scottish clubs to f**k out of the competition. Give extra places to both lowland and Highland league clubs and make from league 1 and 2 from spfl. Simple. Gives the lowland and Highlands clubs something more to play for.

Nah I like the non Scottish clubs being in it. Gives fans the chance of an away trip to somewhere different. Although Borehamwood is a hole and the game was utter piss, it was a great away trip for us this season. In a couple of seasons it's only been Bohemians who have fucked things up, and that's only because the SPFL have let them.

The non Scottish teams should be given the dates of each round in advance and told that if they can't field a team on any of the dates then they either have to give up their place in the tournament to the next ranked team or forfeit the tie for any round they fail to put a team out.

The 'colt' teams should be punted altogether and those places given to Highland and Lowland League teams.

6 hours ago, fatdoug1938 said:

Real farce. Lot of money spent in the bar and a call off at 2:57!!!! Almost laughable and the SPFL need to get these teams to f**k. Cost me a fortune this trip but who cares about the little guys?

Mental nonsense from the folk who called it off. Is there not some rule that a pitch needs to be passed as playable by a certain amount of time before kickoff? If not then there should be, and I'd suggest 90 minutes as the closest to kick off (a game called off for a frozen pitch won't thaw between 13.30 and 15.00).

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Still, the Bohemians stewards trying to get 100 odd East Fife fans off the pitch was a great laugh though.

You should have went full Wembley 77!

Anyway, East Fife need to kick up a huge fuss about this. At the very, very least they should get the full costs  of travel and accommodation reimbursed by the SPFL and/or Bohemians. Get writing to the SPFL and the sponsors. Comment all over their social media. Contact your MP and MSP. Start a petition (I'd sign it). Send your stories and photos to the media. Do all you can.

Archived