Bohemians v East Fife - Diddy Cup 1/4 Final

King Kebab

Game was always a bit secondary to a weekend away but that was fucking shite. Bohs are a tin pot outfit, who if they had any sense of decency, would forfeit the tie. Irish clubs should also be chucked out. Still, Faith, Forfar and Airdrie all failed to win so today was still a good footballing day.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what an absolute farce. Feel for everyone who has travelled and now out of pocket. The fact that this game was moved to suit Bohemians was a joke anyway. They should be forced to withdraw from the competition or sent over to Bayview to play midweek.

Absolute joke.

The whole tournament has been wrecked by the Spfl.From Colts teams to teams from other countries who are not interested.East Fife had been mucked about already and this takes the biscuit.How Bohemians didn’t have a pitch inspection yesterday is either incompetence or lack of interest.Sadly I think the spfl will probably stitch East Fife up again.

Don't know what your laughing at ya twat another wonderful result for the mighty raith rovers today # squeaking back, by the way Dublins not a bad place to spend a weekend football postponed or not

[emoji8]

2nd trip to Dublin. We knew November wasn’t on so we had a great day out but today .............decent day until 1455..... fekin awful!!! Complete waist of a day & CASH!!

F98EAD91-9B95-46C6-9281-A10A46F6A80D.png

Putting aside rivalry,  this situation should be put firm at the door of the SPFL.

What a shambles of a situation to allow  a member club to be punished,  and by that I mean financially punished to play against a side that they  thought would add gloss to a third rate tournament. 

My team has won this tournament when it had some kudos, this format proves that the formula is wrong and the people responsible should walk.

As a supporter of a community club my sympathies go out to the directors and fans who have invested hard cash and expectations in this tournament and have been severely let down. 

Why the f**k would you ask a team to participate in a tournament when you know full well that at a certain stage of said tournament that club could not possibly compete? 

For the sake of Scottish football, do the honourable thing and f**k off.

Couple of facts from today...

1 - At no point during the week was any attempt made by Bohemians to protect the pitch from the elements, no covers, no heaters, no straw down, nothing, even though the weather forecast all week had said its going to be freezing!!!

2 - At what time would you expect a groundsman and his team to be working on a playing surface on a match day. that ran the slightest risk of being unable to cope with severe weather conditions, 7am? 8am? 10am? Well you'd be wrong, the first person in to check the pitch, before the match officials arrived today, did so at 1pm!!!

Bohemians had absolutely NO intention of playing that game today and just like back in November have got away with it again!!!

Get them and their Mickey Mouse organisation to f**k and get them to take ours as well in the form of Doncaster and his mates!!!

4 hours ago, foreverarover said:

What they should do is get the non Scottish clubs to f**k out of the competition. Give extra places to both lowland and Highland league clubs and make from league 1 and 2 from spfl. Simple. Gives the lowland and Highlands clubs something more to play for.

Totally agree with this . 

If only Peterhead hadn,t lost  to Bohemians  , 100,s of pished , angry Fifers could be roaming the pubs and clubs of the Bloo toon instead..  Only joking , my mate and his lad are over for this and i really feel sorry for every fan that travelled .. Real boot in the pods stuff ..

Meeting on Monday
Can't affect the Scottish Cup as that tournament will always take precedent. As I said in a previous post, there is only 1 suitable outcome, but that would require the SPFL to grow a pair, and support their own teams. This I doubt will happen. East Fife have bent over backwards to accommodate. Now it is time for the governing body to take proper control and act accordingly.

Sadly, we all know this won't happen, and they will simply stick their head in the sand and hope it goes away.

Monday's decision will have no winners or losers, just more frustrating circumstances for 1 or both parties.

Shambolic is the only description that fits.

1 minute ago, Dr Watson said:

Just heard about the postponement. What a total pisser. 

Just award the tie to East Fife ffs,

That’s what should be done- total shambles :wacko:

Archived