Bohemians v East Fife - Diddy Cup 1/4 Final

King Kebab

I see the winners of this tie then have to sort out the joys of having to get to Dingwall on a Friday night!!!
Not just fans but players having to get time off work to compete in Doncaster's Folly!!!

If they can’t get time off work for an evening kickoff then they shouldn’t have chosen to play part-time professional football. Evening games are arranged at far less notice at the beginning of the season and to clear postponements from January onwards.

Apart from that, a solid 1/10 sob story for the plucky part-timers.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/26/2018 at 13:38, Big Fifer said:

Full pub recommendations for the route from Temple Bar up to the ground. Draw us a wee map. And then the post-match plan too. Let's just get this locked in, you can be our free-of-charge travel agent for the trip.

EFMB I expect the same menu selection from you too. 1030 sounds delightful. The mare Fifers together the better!

That's our group up to 8 now. 1450 Flight out on the Friday, 5pm return on the Sunday. Booked for £30 total, but that 5pm flight was now £209 alone last time I checked. Guessing it's because so many people/potentially the squad booked that flight so the price went absolutely mental.

Never been to Dublin so looking forward to sampling the delights, any recommendations on where to go after the game too would be class and then onto the evening as I doubt we'll be pounding Guiness after 12 at night.

PS - I'm buying one of those yellow kilts for sure, hope I get into the late night establishments with it.

No problem mate.  It's bout half hour walk with quite a few boozers in between.. 

On 6 December 2018 at 23:00, King Kebab said:

I see the winners of this tie then have to sort out the joys of having to get to Dingwall on a Friday night!!!
Not just fans but players having to get time off work to compete in Doncaster's Folly!!!

We can't decide whether to do Ding or just watch on screen in the Crusoe..............

14 minutes ago, EFMB said:

We can't decide whether to do Ding or just watch on screen in the Crusoe..............

Just thinking there, if you can get East Fife games live abroad through EFTV, does it work the other way around???

surely EFTV can show the game live back at the ground, open the bar, pack it out, ker-ching goes the Club's tills, win-win!!!

Just thinking there, if you can get East Fife games live abroad through EFTV, does it work the other way around???
surely EFTV can show the game live back at the ground, open the bar, pack it out, ker-ching goes the Club's tills, win-win!!!

As broadcasting regulations & SPFL rules cover the UK & Ireland, we can’t broadcast live to Ireland.

If the game had been on a different day or time there might have been a way round it, I know English Championship team have been able to show their midweek games live in the UK, but Saturday’s at 3 pm are a definite no unfortunately.

2 hours ago, landerson1990 said:

As broadcasting regulations & SPFL rules cover the UK & Ireland, we can’t broadcast live to Ireland.

If the game had been on a different day or time there might have been a way round it, I know English Championship team have been able to show their midweek games live in the UK, but Saturday’s at 3 pm are a definite no unfortunately.

That's a pity, for some reason I thought you were able to broadcast to Ireland during the live feeds!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

So we bought tickets to fly to this game.
My other half has decided to not come.

Flights are currently selling for £167 going out on the Saturday morning and coming back at like 6pm Sunday night.

We can change the name of it and sell you the flights for £110 return if you are interested. Would rather someone makes use of it and saves some money as we need to pay to change the name!

Myself, wife and son are confirmed to be going over early flight Sat morning out of Glasgow and back late evening same day. Anyone else on this flight [emoji106]

£107 return for the 3 of us all in with Ryanair looks like they have reduced prices across many flight [emoji106]

28 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

That's a decent spot. Only 10-15 mins walk from Temple Bar.

I booked it a couple of months ago as it was free cancellation with my pals saying they'd find somewhere better closer to the time; I can't see them finding anywhere better in terms of an Air BnB or whatever given it's 6 nations. Not like we'll be spending much time in there anyway!

Just stumbled across this, some weekend of sport in Dublin.  I'm booked on the Saturday morning Ryanair flight from Glasgow going to Leopardstown for the Dublin racing festival that weekend. Absolute belter of a days racing on the Sunday if any of you guys are still over.

Things to do/see in Dublin before the match on that Saturday? Really looking forward to this now!

Pubs pubs and more pubs [emoji23]

Otherwise Croke Park is absolutely amazing and the tour of it is class. Would reccommend about 3/4 hours for it all though as it’s very interesting.
The Guinness factory will do you a couple hours and it’s good too!

The Jamieson’s factory (we are doing that on the Sunday this time unless hungover)

Temple bar area has some great wee pubs with live music on.

If none of these tickle your fancy I’m not too sure. [emoji23]

Archived