Who’s the Stand Out Character in your Home End?

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't suppose he looks like Tam "The Licensee" McGraw?

I could not honestly tell you what he looks like, i only see the back of him when hes standing up shouting in his trademark Y pose, could be 3 nil up and he is still ripping into the linesman.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

None of the aforementioned-including our EK fan- could lay a glove on Old Fergie who still remains one of THE characters of all time in Scottish football;he would be world famous if still alive in the Internet age.

100%. I mind him at the Old Douglas Park when I was just a kid.

Auld c**t was bonkers.

Used to stay in Maryhill and my uncle took me to a few Partick Thistle games in my youth. 

One particular game sticks out from when I was about 9 or 10 against Dundee United.

Thistle scored a disallowed goal in the first 5 minutes and  a chap with a really annoying Northern Irish accent decided to scream for genuinely the entirety of the first half “you’re a fanny linesman! Linesman you’re a fanny!!” From right at the front of the Jackie Husband stand and maybe only 20 feet away from him most of the game.

Amazingly the stewards ignored him and the fan left for a half time pie and never came back.

There's a guy in the East stand at Fir Park who just shouts "come on [insert player's name]" at random intervals.

He always calls them by their full names and I've even heard him shouting opposition players on the odd occasion.

His personal favourite was always "come on John Sutton" regardless of whether he was anywhere near the play or even on the park.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:42, LIVIFOREVER said:

The 'how many times' guy at our games, guaranteed to shout this to the ref at some point during the game, also knows every ref's name as he asks him this question referring to him by his Surname. He's quite a large fella but has a loud squeaky voice that rings out for everyone to hear. Gets a fair bit of abuse from home fans at our away games too, seems to wind them right up.

Always sticks in my mind, we were absolutely fucking cruising to the League 1 title and this same guy is giving Hoppy absolute hell for not beating someone like Albion Rovers within the first 30 minutes. Hoppy turns around and gives him the absolute death stare :D Pretty sure it's the same guy that gave John Hughes shite way back then and Hughes shouted back that he should be off shopping with his Mrs if it was that bad :D:D:D 

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Always sticks in my mind, we were absolutely fucking cruising to the League 1 title and this same guy is giving Hoppy absolute hell for not beating someone like Albion Rovers within the first 30 minutes. Hoppy turns around and gives him the absolute death stare :D Pretty sure it's the same guy that gave John Hughes shite way back then and Hughes shouted back that he should be off shopping with his Mrs if it was that bad :D:D:D 

Tbf to him i'd agree with the one on Hughes. I was never so glad as when Kenny Miller was punted and Hughes left for the Hartlepool job, both of them were sucking the life out of us.

Archived