What's The Worst Pain You Have Ever Experienced?

Dee Man

Got knocked off my motorbike side-on by a taxi, triple leg break including 2 compound fractures. Would have gladly accepted being shot like a knackered horse as I stared at the bone sticking out the front of my jeans.

The only positive is that hopefully it's the worst thing that will ever happen to me. Giving the Turkish consulate a wide berth just in case.

Edited by Zetterlund

I tore my ankle ligaments and damaged my Achilles tendon last July, it felt like my ankle was facing the other way, the pain was so intense, then it just went numb and I felt a dull pain. I then had to drive home which was interesting as it was my right ankle that had been injured. Missed about 5-6 months of football after it and the ankle still feels weak and vulnerable.

Basically the same as everything you’ve said there, but swap the Achilles tendon for three small fractures on the top of my foot. Basically took a year to feel fully recovered but nearly nine years ago now and no football-hindering or major injuries since.

Guest Moomintroll

Compound fracture of the wrist when ball, post, hard ground and aforementioned wrist impacted at the same time was not fun. Apparently I passed out at point of impact then woke up acting wide asking if i had saved it. Then the pain hit and I was howling for 3 hours solid, still hurts to buggery whenever it turns cold.

Gout in a big toe joint and once in two fingers was the worst. Had a few flare ups over the years, but the worst was once in a big toe hoot when just doing nothing was agony, then I have to move or some such shite. Awful.
Appendicitis was a doddle in comparison as was recovering and trying to pee after having a camera stuffed up my jap’s eye to check for a bladder infection

Had ACL reconstruction a few years ago. Post op they put a drain into the knee for 24 hrs to allow excess fluid to be removed rather than build up. When the doctor went to remove it he advised me there may be some 'discomfort'. Was understatement of the decade as I felt this huge needle and tube being pulled out my joint with zero anesthetic. 

Oh and root canal treatment is a bit nippy too.  

Child birth, first one was fine as drugged out my nut.

Other than that the whole body pain when I had sepsis in May. Everything hurt, moving hurt, breathing hurt. 

Never had broken bones.

I suffer from cluster headaches. It's just hell on earth.

The pain occurs only on one side of the head (unilateral), around the eye (orbital), particularly above the eye (supraorbital), in the temple (temporal), or in any combination. The pain of CH attack is remarkably greater than in other headache conditions, including severe migraine. The pain is typically described as burning, stabbing, boring or squeezing, and may be located near or behind the eye.[13] As a result of the pain, those with cluster headaches may experience suicidal thoughts during an attack (giving the alternative name "suicide headache" or "suicidal headache").[14][15] It is reported as one of the most painful conditions.[16]

I very stupidly jumped off a shed roof on to an old abandoned sofa, whilst very drunk (just for the shitz & giggles), the pain from shattering your heel bone is intense, never felt anything like it & I include popping a cruciate ligament in this (which is also very sore). But the worst pain I’ve ever felt was getting a green dot from Banana on P&B.
Actually[mention=14105]mo83[/mention] was present when I shattered my heel bone.
I remember that day/night Brother B,it was a sore one indeed which to start off with I thought you were kidding us on!Too many VBLI that day which ended In a run too Ninies.Recovery period was good for you though plenty of Vitamin T did the trick.

Had a cist in my ear lobe which had to be removed by being cut out with a scalpel and stitched up. They gave me local anaesthetic and no pain killers, cut through every nerve in my ear lobe then told me to lie on the ear to keep the stitches shut. After some oaths were uttered a few hours later I was given pain killers which knocked me for six but in the interim I was squealing like a pig. Got a scar behind my ear now and still have no feeling in my ear lobe.
Sair like.

How do people cope with getting their ears pierced?