What's The Worst Pain You Have Ever Experienced?

Dee Man

Triple fracture to the skull after attempting to navigate a flight of stairs, while under the influence of alcohol and diazepam. I passed out at the time but came round and eventually made it to my bed not realising the severity.

When I woke the next morning, it felt as though some had set the inside of my head on fire and I resembled the elephant man. I collapsed shortly after and was rushed to hospital. I now have 2 metal plates screwed into my skull.

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Triple fracture to the skull after attempting to navigate a flight of stairs, while under the influence of alcohol and diazepam. I passed out at the time but came round and eventually made it to my bed not realising the severity.

When I woke the next morning, it felt as though some had set the inside of my head on fire and I resembled the elephant man. I collapsed shortly after and was rushed to hospital. I now have 2 metal plates screwed into my skull.

Fucking hell.

Was there much blood? The reason I ask is I was watching a murder case investigation on TV recently where there was a woman found dead at the bottom of the stairs with significant head trauma and blood all over the walls. The husband was, and still is, adamant that she had fallen down the stairs but the prosecution, and myself, were off the opinion that he'd battered her about the head with something. Looked like far too much blood spatter for a fall. 

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Fucking hell.

Was there much blood? The reason I ask is I was watching a murder case investigation on TV recently where there was a woman found dead at the bottom of the stairs with significant head trauma and blood all over the walls. The husband was, and still is, adamant that she had fallen down the stairs but the prosecution, and myself, were off the opinion that he'd battered her about the head with something. Looked like far too much blood spatter for a fall. 

Not a drop. My face was swollen so bad, only one of my eyes was visible to anyone looking at me. Spent a week in hospital waiting on the swelling to go down before they could operate. 

When I was kid playing up the woods I somehow disturbed a wasp nest, unsure the amount of times I was stung, but being stung in the eye was probably the winner. It wasn't actually that bad, it was just the sheer volume of stings, would imagine it would be like rolling around on drawing pins. 

Broken ribs and then sneezing afterwards feels like you're breaking them all over again. But again, wasn't actually that bad. 

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

But this, along with cluster headaches, sounds fucking awful. 

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
2 hours ago, Dee Man said:
Fucking hell.

Stair case is this called?

That's the very one. I was thinking it was a documentary on Crime & Investigation but you're right. 

Guest bernardblack
Once accidentally stabbed my hand with a kitchen knife trying to separate two slices of frozen haggis. 
I've also caught my boaby in the zip on my jeans, hands are sweating just thinking back to that one. 

The latter is so bad. I honestly thought I’d only have half of mine left.

Was working in a local fast food establishment as a 16 year old (rhymes with flickdonalds) had been getting it in the neck from the manager about not opening the window to take drive thru orders quick enough. Was a quiet night so I had been mopping the metal floor where the deliveries came in when the 'bing-bong' came on to let me know a car was coming, dropped the mop and ran across the wet, metal flooring. Feet came away in front of me, Home Alone style, and landed on the small of my back. Was sore but got back up & took the order like a champ.

few weeks later my then girlfriend & I did a full day of traipsing round the shops in Glasgow, got back home & was lying down, was in a bit of discomfort from all the walking then realised I couldn't move my legs, I could wiggle my toes & rotate my chest but nothing else was moving. Called on my Mum & she phoned the doctors to make an emergency appointment at the doctors & went "don't worry I'll help you into a taxi" & tried to lift me up, at which point there was a very loud 'THWAK' and I just crumpled into a heap & started flopping & writhing about like I was possessed. An ambulance was called & I got three injections of morphine lying on my bedroom floor so my memory of the actual pain is kind of vague now but I do remember the panic & feeling like I just wanted someone to end my life there and then.

My brother still says the most embarrassed he's ever been in his whole life was when I got lifted out the house into the ambulance, absolutely out my face & saw all the neighbours, I remember saying "hi everyone I'm ok" but he assures me I actually just opened my mouth & went 'uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' with droll hanging off my chin.

Turns out I'd burst a disc, the stuff inside had formed in a lump round the nerves, my hip had twitsted & the last straw was a torn ligament becoming a snapped ligament. Was now 18 years ago, was and is inoperable & I've taken codeine pretty much every day since, look after your back!

Oh the next most painful thing, if you ever go to a physiotherapist and they tell you that they need to "manipulate your pubic bone" just say nah it's ok. Whatever they are trying to do is not worth the feeling of being kicked in the balls but dragged out over a minute.

It might not have been the most painful but it was certainly the most surprising injury I have sustained.
I was getting dressed one morning a put on a sock only to be stung on the big toe by a b*****din' wasp that had taken refuge in the sock whilst it was hanging up to dry.
Much cries of anguish followed.

Acid in the face. The pain is utterly indescribable. When your body goes into total shock and you eventually come too and your entire body is covered in bruises after the person with you has tried their hardest to restrain you from shaking like a madman.

5 hours ago, Kmeister said:

It might not have been the most painful but it was certainly the most surprising injury I have sustained.
I was getting dressed one morning a put on a sock only to be stung on the big toe by a b*****din' wasp that had taken refuge in the sock whilst it was hanging up to dry.
Much cries of anguish followed.

Just as well you aren't Throbber.. 

buster.jpg.098a4b105dee2883f57c1766e3e17a68.jpg

"The Doc says the swelling will go down soon..."

Peritonsillar abscess in throat...GP sent me away telling me to buy some throat sweets. The pain was excruciating, couldn’t swallow, ended up calling nhs24 later that night. No over the counter pain killers were helping.

Got sent to hospital immediately and Doc checked me out and seen the abscess...she couldn’t believe gp missed it and said if I’d left it another 24 hours it could have become life threatening.

they got a huge needle and burst it...

I wouldn’t wish that pain on anyone, truly horrendous.

Edited by stu20vt

Ruptured appendix, probably. Was getting fired in to the wife for the first time when it happened. I tried to ride out the pain, but only lasted a couple of minutes (still a personal best).

Anyone had a penile fracture? I've heard that's agony, but the wife gave me one years back and it was curiously painless after the initial impact. The emotional pain of seeing my pink torpedo, erect but bent in half with a floppy section in the middle, was pretty bad TBF.

Also, anyone actually stepped on a stonefish? Worst pain known to man, according to Drymen's greatest scientific researcher.

December 1988.  A Saturday morning.  Red ash pitch.  Temperature below freezing.  Mitre Mouldmaster Size 5.  My uncovered thigh. 
/Thread. 
i was playing a reserve game at victoria park in brechin and chased down a back passonly for me to take the keepers punt full blast to the balls from about 2 foot. that clearance would have past the halwfway line if it want for my testicular interference

I had to get a lumber-puncture once in my early 20's, they insert a big b*****d needle into your spine to withdraw spinal fluid, never felt pain like it in my life, not ashamed to admit I screamed the place down, fucking horrific procedure. 
Had that when I was 18. Can't recall it being painful though. They postponed it 3 days on the trot so I had been worrying myself about it every day and by the time I got it I was expecting it to be agony. It possibly was but I had expected worse and therefore didn't think it was bad.

- Years ago I was playing football one on one with a pal and we both went for a high ball with our feet. I have 'knobbly knees' and his foot caught me sweetly on the knee. It felt like he pushed my knee cap right around to the side and when I bent my knee back I swear it popped back into place. I hit the deck and couldn't move, while being unable to cry as I was in shock. I eventually got up and walked it off, thinking that couldn't have happened. I've since discovered I have hypermobility syndrome (and arthritis!) in my joints so I expect that is infact what happened.

- Dentist shaved a filling and hit the nerve. Twice.

- When I was younger I caught the bottom of my foot on a door strip. It somehow took a huge chunk out the bottom of my heel and I had to tiptoe until it healed. Which took ages. It was an actual hole on the bottom of my foot.

- An odd one but I'd stick Flu in here. Folk who haven't had it (who think a bad Cold is Flu!) don't realise your body aches all over. It's not an acute pain as such but being in constant pain for 3 or 4 days is horrible.

I've broken the scaphoid bone in my wrist but it was more uncomfortable than painful. I did it while making a superb save in goal so it was totally worth it.