Standing Bowl XVI

Swarley

1 hour ago, Spain said:

Wait a minute... That last minute Steelers win has kept me alive thanks to the Raiders. Outstanding.

Yes, if it wasn't for a last second Raiders' field goal then the champagne would be popped, the ticker tape cascading and a new champion would be crowned. Pray for @Pie Of The Month dog!

With two incorrect picks we say goodbye to @Dee4Life1893. Well done on your "defeat in Wild Card round" placing.

Our final two @Spain and @Pie Of The Month now enter the Thunderdome, two pundits enter, one Champion leaves...

A reminder of how this works; each player is required to pick 5 teams and a tie-breaker question during the sudden death week.  Picks and scores to be submitted by PM and the winner will be the player with the most correct picks and should both players have the same number of correct entries then the player tie-breaker will come into play.

The deadline for picks and also the tie-breaker question will be 17:25 on Thursday November 22nd. A reminder that you have to pick 5 teams that you have not so far selected thus far.

Tie breaker question: What will the total points scored across all 15 of this weekend's games?

And here are the fixtures. Good luck to you both.

THURSDAY NOVEMBER 22nd
Bears at Lions
Redskins at Cowboys

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 23rd
Falcons at Saints

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 25th
Browns at Bengals
49ers at Buccaneers
Jaguars at Bills
Raiders at Ravens
Seahawks at Panthers
Patriots at Jets
Giants at Eagles
Cardinals at Chargers
Dolphins at Colts
Steelers at Broncos

MONDAY NOVEMBER 26th
Packers at Vikings

TUESDAY NOVEMBER 27th
Titans at Texans

StandingBowlXVI.xlsx

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both contestants submitted their picks very quickly so thank you @Spain and @Pie Of The Month. This will come down to the Dolphins Colts game because Pie Of The Month picked the Cowboys, who've already won, and you've both picked the same other four teams. It may also go to the tie break so to maintain some suspense I'll keep that secret just now.

Pie Of The Month
Jags
Ravens
Eagles
Texans
Cowboys 

Spain
Jags
Ravens
Eagles
Texans
Colts

We have our Champion!

With one game to play in Week 12 the scores in the Standing Bowl stand at @Pie Of The Month 3 @Spain 3 and given you've both selected the Texans that means its down to the tie breaker question.

Total points scored (with one game to go) is 660

@Spain went for 675

@Pie Of The Month went for 640

So, unless the Titans Texans game finishes with negative points, its congratulations to @Spain. He now becomes the first to win THREE WORLD TITLES. Congratulations Sir. And commiserations to Pie Of The Month. Thanks to all for playing this season.

Spain_winner.png

Three Standing Bowls? Wow, just wow. First of all I'd like to thank that special someone who's always been in my corner [see below}; I couldn't have done it without him. Lesser notes of gratitude go to Swarley, and to the Steelers who kept me alive at the last minute last week.

Image result for nic cage snake eyes gif

Archived