The Binos v The Spiders Scottish Cup

rhliston

An entertaining enough game at Forthbank, with a dramatic conclusion.

QP streets ahead in the first half, without creating too many clear cut chances. Both goals were laughably easy; a free header from a corner and a scrambled effort from close range after the Binos were tricked by a quick set play.

Albion couldn't be much worse in the second half and they did improve, scoring a header after a nice move down the left. They really struggled to get any sustained periods of pressure though and, to me, never looked like getting the equaliser.

McGeachie had an absolute mare all day long and then misses a penalty with the last kick. Oh dear. He's part of a very poor defence and the difference in the teams could be seen by Gerry McLaughlin. Albion don't have anyone even close to his dominance at the back.

Not a lot of quality overall but I've seen far worse.

38 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

An entertaining enough game at Forthbank, with a dramatic conclusion.

QP streets ahead in the first half, without creating too many clear cut chances. Both goals were laughably easy; a free header from a corner and a scrambled effort from close range after the Binos were tricked by a quick set play.

Albion couldn't be much worse in the second half and they did improve, scoring a header after a nice move down the left. They really struggled to get any sustained periods of pressure though and, to me, never looked like getting the equaliser.

McGeachie had an absolute mare all day long and then misses a penalty with the last kick. Oh dear. He's part of a very poor defence and the difference in the teams could be seen by Gerry McLaughlin. Albion don't have anyone even close to his dominance at the back.

Not a lot of quality overall but I've seen far worse.

It was Jordan Allan not Ross mcGeachie who was no.  3 and  had the shocker . You're right about a lack of quality but If you've seen far worse you've not seen us too often this season. 

First look at the new Queen's with Marko in full charge. What a great result away from home against some decent players. As has been said what a great performance in the first half and should have probably been out of sight. What I loved was the positive substitutions we made and on another day that positivity would have paid off by getting that clinching goal instead of relying on Jordan to bail is out, great save. We have some really good players all over the pitch and they're only going to get better. Well done guys and a good test with Raith in the next round.

We really are shite.

I actually thought you were pretty decent in the league game well merited win and surprised at your results since
Your no 8 Jardine? looks capable of playing at a higher level and like your skipper no 2 although he had his hands full with Euan East 1st half

What I loved was the positive substitutions we made and on another day that positivity would have paid off by getting that clinching goal instead of relying on Jordan

Very refreshing same at St Mirren last week positive substitutions East and Moore changed the game

I suspect under same circumstances yesterday Gus would have just tried to defend our lead

Thought Hawke was excellent leading the line prob his best game so far and deserved his goal

Also impressed by Dom McLaren after slightly dodgy debut last week imho realise it takes time for new guys to adjust

16 minutes ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

I actually thought you were pretty decent in the league game well merited win and surprised at your results since
Your no 8 Jardine? looks capable of playing at a higher level and like your skipper no 2 although he had his hands full with Euan East 1st half

That'll be ex St Johnstone and Middlesbrough (albeit youth teams) player Danny Jardine.

On 20/10/2018 at 20:58, AlbionMan said:

It was Jordan Allan not Ross mcGeachie who was no.  3 and  had the shocker . You're right about a lack of quality but If you've seen far worse you've not seen us too often this season. 

Ah, my mistake. To be fair, there is no one in that defence who should be happy with their efforts, although Horne looked ok going forward at times.

A few of the guys are too heavy. Not fat at all but they clearly go to the gym to look good in their kit and not to make themselves a more imposing threat on the pitch.

Very refreshing same at St Mirren last week positive substitutions East and Moore changed the game
I suspect under same circumstances yesterday Gus would have just tried to defend our lead
Thought Hawke was excellent leading the line prob his best game so far and deserved his goal
Also impressed by Dom McLaren after slightly dodgy debut last week imho realise it takes time for new guys to adjust

Hawke was MotM for me. Won virtually every 50/50 in the air and directed most to a teammate. We looked dangerous at every dead ball play, been quite a while since I could say that. Very encouraging.

2 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Took in a reserve game a few weeks back and there was obviously some rust there. However, he scored a bullet header in that game and grew as the game went on. What impressed me was his constant talking and marshalling of the younger defenders.

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Losing Gibby was a big worry, but the big man certainly looks up to the task. Gerry and James Grant are also just solid 7/10 efforts on a regular basis as well, with the latter only going to get better. Some promising signs.

Archived