Ever sat in the away section of your teams ground?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first ever game against Cowdenbeath, when we got promoted, I was accidently in the Johnie Walker end with all the pure mad mental Cowden fans.

I was also in the club deck when we pumped Rangers (RIP) 3-0.

It was tough keeping my shit together.

Once.

A 1-1 draw with Killie in 2002.

Paul McMullen scored a beauty to put Hearts ahead, Kris Boyd equalised for Killie. Killie may have had someone sent off.

My brother was using my season ticket and I had a Kilmarnock-supporting mate who was going by himself, so I just went in with him.

It was fine. Funny hearing the game from another perspective, with the ludicrous shouts for free-kicks etc the away fans were making, and being baffled by their outrage when clear fouls were given against their team. Have had that experience sitting in the home end watching Hearts away from home a few times, but just the once at Tynecastle. I'd do it again. Why not?

Me and three mates sat in among the Dundee fans in the Roseburn stand many years ago.  We just fancied it for a laugh .  We failed miserably at keeping under cover and ended up having some verbals with a few angry Dundee fans. 

We also went in the home end when Hearts were away to Hamilton. I think the idea was to watch the Hearts fans celebrate from a different perspective and have a bee bit schadenfreude at the suffering of the home fans. 

About fifteen minutes from the end of the game they must have opened the exit gates and before we knew it,  what was a pretty empty terracing was now populated by a large gang of local youths, hooligans and wannabe casuals.  To make matters worse what appeared to be their leader took up position right next to us.

We were reasonably well dressed young chaps back then and never wore team colours so I think they may have confused us with Hamilton casuals.   The leader, who looked like the love child of  Mike Tyson and Sloth from The Goonies, asked me what the score was.  In my best fake west coast accent I nervously muttered "4-0 to those c***s", as our wee group shuffled sideways away from the mob. Just got away with it by the skin of our teeth.

Really stupid behaviour when I think back.

Guest Moomintroll

Stood in the Johnnie Walker End along with everyone else on the Saturday of that quadrangular tournament v Oldco, Coventry and Sparta Rotterdam. Fair play to Bobby Fleeting that day, he went to the support, took the abuse on the chin and admitted he moved us there to profiteer from the orcs, was bloody weird though. 10/10 from the Cov lads for their extended remix of Twist n Shout on the day.

Not whilst it served as an away end as such, but the Bob Shankly stand has been open to home fans on a few occasions. I'm quite glad it was as it kind've bugged me that I hadn't actually been to all of the ground. Think I've been in there twice; once vs Cowden and another vs St Mirren. The latter sticks out as being the time Stevie Mallan put half our team on their arses as he drifted up the park to slot home.
Whilst the stand itself is a mirrored image of the home end behind the other goal, it was quite strange seeing everything else flipped. The new thing that I enjoyed most was being within earshot of the away fans in the Main stand, in particular witnessing the Cowden fans pelt abuse at their own players as they went up the tunnel beneath them at FT.
sat in the shankly once for a sunday game against Airdrie. that was a shit of a day. nearly wrote my car off driving from forfar to dens earlh morning to help clear snow and ice from the streets to get the game on. drove back to forfar fir a shower then back to dens for a 1-0 defeat.

if i remember correctly harkins was suspended and gary McKenzie got sent off early, giving away the penalty they scored from. camt remember why the shankly was open to the home fans and the derry was shut. as previously said it was so strange seeing the game reversed.

I sat in the away stand in amongst the Killie support when I was about 7 and a neutral (I was a rangers fan until half way through first year [emoji33]).

Motherwell won 2-0 and my main memory was Killie getting a penalty and scoring it but the ref made them retake it and they missed. My first experience of seethe all around me.

Sat in the 'Cowdenbeath' end for a preseason friendly against Arsenal as it was for home fans that day. Also sat in the North East stand when Dunfermline played Everton in 2002. Always quite liked Everton, so my brother and I decided to sit in their end for the day, there was maybe 30 other people in there, saw a 16 year old Rooney play the last 20 minutes

My papa was a st mirren fan and took me to love street when my dad and I couldn't get to a killie game for whatever reason.
It was a pre season friendly against Middlesbrough (If memory serves, I was 7) and it was the saints 1st game after winning the Scottish cup.
Anyway, I couldn't understand why there was a massive away support, then I was angry and confused at half time when they brought out the Scottish cup at half time and walked round the away end terracing letting the away fans see the cup!!!!!

Turns out my papa always stood in the away end because it was easier for him to get parked and away at full time lol

5 hours ago, ayrshire_nomad said:

My papa was a st mirren fan and took me to love street when my dad and I couldn't get to a killie game for whatever reason.
It was a pre season friendly against Middlesbrough (If memory serves, I was 7) and it was the saints 1st game after winning the Scottish cup.
Anyway, I couldn't understand why there was a massive away support, then I was angry and confused at half time when they brought out the Scottish cup at half time and walked round the away end terracing letting the away fans see the cup!!!!!

Turns out my papa always stood in the away end because it was easier for him to get parked and away at full time lol

Imagine that though, winning the cup and just parading it around a f**k load of away fans :D 

Imagine that though, winning the cup and just parading it around a f**k load of away fans [emoji3] 
I was devastated waiting down the front as I'd been at the final, my first ever chance to see and maybe even hold "The Scottish cup", took a wee while for the penny to drop, then came the realisation lol

Ahh bless my papa (rip) we always got home sharp

Yes, I sat in the Bob Shankly for our European games in 2003.
I don't think I've been in section A, B or C of the main stand, though. 

I hadn’t either, until the Aberdeen game last season, when a burst pipe meant the Derry was closed. I don’t like the main stand.

Archived