Egg and beans on the same plate?

Are you man enough to handle a fried egg and a portion of beans on the same plate?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is timely because this very morning I had my breakfast at my local Wetherspoons before going to see 'First Man'. It consisted of fried egg, bacon, link sausage, tomato, beans and hash browns and a slice of toast, with flat mushrooms added at my request. Utterly delicious apart from the tomato which I left on the plate staring at me like Hal 9000's vision sensor. And for about a fiver.

couple of decent sized hand-cut bits of  wholemeal bread, toasted and buttered; a poached or fried duck egg on both, entire big tin of beans emptied over the top; black pepper and brown sauce; third piece of untoasted, buttered bread to wipe up the left over brown sauce, bean juice (leave it) and egg yolk; fucking excellent

btw: big tins of heinz baked beans are currently on sale from supermarkets in Italy for around £2.50 EACH - i am seriously considering sending out a pallet-load of tesco-bought four-for-two-quid tins, and fucking off to italy to lead the luxuriant life of a baked bean millionaire !

43 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

btw: big tins of heinz baked beans are currently on sale from supermarkets in Italy for around £2.50 EACH - i am seriously considering sending out a pallet-load of tesco-bought four-for-two-quid tins, and fucking off to italy to lead the luxuriant life of a baked bean millionaire !

Explains why Italians eat all that fancy pasta stuff instead of good, healthy and honest beans on toast.

This thread is timely because this very morning I had my breakfast at my local Wetherspoons before going to see 'First Man'. It consisted of fried egg, bacon, link sausage, tomato, beans and hash browns and a slice of toast, with flat mushrooms added at my request. Utterly delicious apart from the tomato which I left on the plate staring at me like Hal 9000's vision sensor. And for about a fiver.

This is the item which should be eliminated from a cooked breakfast. A waste of a perfectly good tomato which should be thinly sliced and take its rightful place on a sandwich at lunch.

Fucking hate baked beans - it's the devil's food.

My ideal cooked breakfast would be Lorne or steak sausages, fried eggs, crispy bacon, black pudding, fried tattie scone and buttered toast.

Don't particularly mind mushrooms so long as they are fried nice and crispy - not the watery shite they serve at a motorway cafe.

Beans and mushrooms are totally acceptable on a fried breakfast.

However, the  beans must be Heinz, cooked down a bit so some of the juice evaporates and they become slightly stodgy and the mushrooms fried gently in some butter and patted dry with kitchen roll before serving .

None of this juicy , watery pish 

Mushrooms can gtf unless they're magic. A decent cooked breakfast should include several Link, Lorne, Runny egg, Bacon, Tattie scone, black pudding/haggis, beans with HP sauce on the side. Complimented with strong tea and toast.

I have on occasion diced a potato(very wee cubes) and actifried the fuckers just to add a wee bit more depth to the dish.

Oh aye, Link > Lorne.

Beans and mushrooms are totally acceptable on a fried breakfast.

However, the  beans must be Heinz, cooked down a bit so some of the juice evaporates and they become slightly stodgy and the mushrooms fried gently in some butter and patted dry with kitchen roll before serving .

None of this juicy , watery pish 

^^^ Cooks a mean breakfast.

Anyone requiring beans with their fucking breakfast needs to take a look at themselves.

Grilled tomatoes are acceptable and freshen things up a bit to stop it from just being a big plateful of grease.

^^^ Eats big bowls of Frosties type-post.

Archived