Egg and beans on the same plate?

Are you man enough to handle a fried egg and a portion of beans on the same plate?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right, that's the Alan Partridge references out of the way. Let's get on with the fucking thread...

There's nothing i enjoy more than going out for an all day breakfast. However, I've noticed a worrying trend recently where the beans are delivered in a small ramekin and thus isolated from the rest of the meal. I can only assume that this is because there are some absolute fannies out there who can't handle the beans mixing with the egg yoke.

Let's settle this for once and for all. Do you like the beans and egg together or do you prefer them to be served seperately?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flatmate of mine from many years ago used to put bacon, sausage and egg in a frying pan along with pure beef dripping.

His piece de resitance was to add a tin of beans to the pan, just prior to tipping the whole greasy mess on to his plate.

Utterly disgusting - not sure if he's still alive.

6 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Flatmate of mine from many years ago used to put bacon, sausage and egg in a frying pan along with pure beef dripping.

His piece de resitance was to add a tin of beans to the pan, just prior to tipping the whole greasy mess on to his plate.

Utterly disgusting - not sure if he's still alive.

Your erstwhile flatmate clearly attended the same school of cuisine as my Mum. Childhood memories rekindled!

I don't like fried or grilled tomatoes so they can get in the sea. But sausage, bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms, black pudding and (I know I'm going to get shouted down for this) hash browns - not necessarily all at the same time - would suit me fine. Maybe fried haggis as an alternative to the black pudding.

Eggs - fried, sunny side up with a burstable yolk, bacon, links sausage, toast and butter. Those to me are essential items. Beans, square sausage, potato scones, fried bread, hash browns, haggis, black pudding - those are the items which, if most of them are part of a fry up, elevate it somewhat. Tomatoes, I can take or leave but would only eat if they came on the plate and it was a small breakfast. Mushrooms are the work of the devil and should be nowhere near any plate of food, even more so when having a fry up. Beans and egg yolk doesn't bother me. Beans and brown sauce is a winner every time. But the egg really should be kept til the end with the tattie scone, toast or whatever being used to soak up all the lovely egg yolk. Washed down with strong, sweet tea, obviously.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Eggs - fried, sunny side up with a burstable yolk, bacon, links sausage, toast and butter. Those to me are essential items. Beans, square sausage, potato scones, fried bread, hash browns, haggis, black pudding - those are the items which, if most of them are part of a fry up, elevate it somewhat. Tomatoes, I can take or leave but would only eat if they came on the plate and it was a small breakfast. Mushrooms are the work of the devil and should be nowhere near any plate of food, even more so when having a fry up. Beans and egg yolk doesn't bother me. Beans and brown sauce is a winner every time. But the egg really should be kept til the end with the tattie scone, toast or whatever being used to soak up all the lovely egg yolk. Washed down with strong, sweet tea, obviously.

I was agreeing with all of that but the hatred of mushrooms and love of sweet tea puts you on a par with Fred West as far as I'm concerned.  

If people who don't like mushrooms were all to disappear in a puff of smoke the world would be a far better place.

If mushrooms were to disappear in a puff of smoke the world would be a far better place.

Although bizarrely, I'm not put off totally by a good cream of mushroom soup.

Archived