Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bookies current odds:
Jim McIntyre - 5/4 (I'm pretty sure it won't be him as Billy Dodds would never be welcomed back)
Gordon Strachan - 2/1
Kenny Miller - 4/1
Ian McCall - 6/1
Barry Smith - 10/1
That's the top 5 just now.

Barry Smith [emoji23]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd personally be delighted with WGS being appointed but not sure whether he could endure the torture of being Dundee's manager as his, potentially, final job. Maybe sentiment will override any fear and he'll come in but I'm not going to hold my breath. 

McIntyre would be a solid appointment and I think most Dees would be happy with him. He did well with RC and was a bit unlucky to be punted when he was. I'd certainly be delighted with a decade of finishing 10th and winning a trophy. 

I can't say that I'm thrilled about any of the other names on that list. I don't see how Kenny Miller is at all different to what we have just got rid of in McCann and, if anything, would be starting from a disadvantage given that he isn't a Dens legend. Jocky or Duffy would be fine but have both been sacked more than once so I fail to see how either would be a progressive move. Jim Goodwin can GTF and most of the rest don't merit a mention. 

I suspect that McPake is being moulded into a future manager but isn't what we need at the moment. Let him continue the work that he is doing with the reserves and allow him to gain more experience before throwing him into the deep end. When the time comes I have the feeling that he will make a good manager and seems to have developed quite a bond with the club which is always beneficial. 

In short, WGS or McIntyre would be best options in my opinion. 

Charlie Adam is saying he'd be interested in being a player/coach with Dundee.
player trainee coach would be fine with me. not rwady for any serious responsibility yet but as a player would be great in the premiership

6 minutes ago, harry94 said:
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:
Charlie Adam is saying he'd be interested in being a player/coach with Dundee.

Just clickbait. A friend of a friend says he's 'open' to a 'future' role.

Yeah it's a load of shite.

The Courier claiming he's interested because he tweeted something along the lines of being gutted for McCann and wishing whoever is next at his boyhood club luck.

17 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Nelms can get to f**k!

Quite a clever appointment from the Dundee board.

If it all goes tits up it will be because McIntyre is a DAB and not because the board made a bad choice.

Archived