Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bookies current odds:

Jim McIntyre - 5/4 (I'm pretty sure it won't be him as Billy Dodds would never be welcomed back)

Gordon Strachan - 2/1

Kenny Miller - 4/1

Ian McCall - 6/1

Barry Smith - 10/1

That's the top 5 just now.

4 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I’d like it to be Kenny Miller for selfish reasons. What’s Jocky up to these days?

Last seen doing a bollock naked triathlon: swimming the Tay, cycling up the Law, then running down to Tannadice where he slapped his cock around Robbie Neilson's pus. 

This is why the timing of it is a bit weird - they've just missed out on Neilson and Caldwell who may have been two reasonable choices.  

As I grew up watching football in the 90s I still view Utd as the biggest Dundee club but based on what I read on here I would assume Neilson (given the choice) may have selected Dens over Tannadice.

Gordon Strachan would be a great appointment but I would suggest Dundee couldn't pay his wages and/or Strachan may not wish to work up here.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

This is why the timing of it is a bit weird - they've just missed out on Neilson and Caldwell who may have been two reasonable choices.  

As I grew up watching football in the 90s I still view Utd as the biggest Dundee club but based on what I read on here I would assume Neilson (given the choice) may have selected Dens over Tannadice.

Gordon Strachan would be a great appointment but I would suggest Dundee couldn't pay his wages and/or Strachan may not wish to work up here.

Strachan has the Steve Clarke style link with Dundee. It's much more tenuous though.

I don't think the timing is weird, I think the statement made it clear what's happened. We wanted to stick by McCann but the board wanted an experienced man in alongside with him such as Jim Jefferies. McCann in typical stubborn fashion refused this and probably fell out with the board in the process.

If McCann accepted an 'overseer', he'd have been safe till Christmas regardless of results IMO as the board massively bought into him.

Guest gregteamdee
4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Strachan has the Steve Clarke style link with Dundee. It's much more tenuous though.

I don't think the timing is weird, I think the statement made it clear what's happened. We wanted to stick by McCann but the board wanted an experienced man in alongside with him such as Jim Jefferies. McCann in typical stubborn fashion refused this and probably fell out with the board in the process.

If McCann accepted an 'overseer', he'd have been safe till Christmas regardless of results IMO as the board massively bought into him.

Pretty much this. Talks held last week with McCann & Nelms. Board wanted an advisor to help him out, McCann didnt want that and here we are tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, these type of things rarely work. When Ian Murray was struggling with us, the inexperienced assistant went and Alex Miller brought in to help him. We were still shite, think it lasted about a month before he finally got sacked.

Archived