East of Scotland cup

Bawsoot

Seems Sandys r pinning there hopes on there strikers, no pressure lads!!

Noticed both Sandys & Pennies have added to there squads recently wonder if they r looking at this tie as a winner takes all with the successor having one hand on the trophy?

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Seems Sandys r pinning there hopes on there strikers, no pressure lads!!

Noticed both Sandys & Pennies have added to there squads recently wonder if they r looking at this tie as a winner takes all with the successor having one hand on the trophy?

To be fair mate most teams rely on there strike force . We fortunately have got 2 come 3 this week as we have one back from last season that are frightening at times. I wouldn't say we are looking at the pennies game as a 1 hand on the trophy game but what it does is knock a favourite out the mix either way . It's amateurs and it's anyone's trophy that's still in it . 

• 1 month later...

On to the big game in the east nxt wk sandys will be going all out to beat pennies after yesterday's defeat to ESV see they had a few guys missing yesterday am sure they will all.be back for the game at castleview where a massive crowd will be expected can pennies handle the pressure or intimidation for the sandys faithful !!

10 minutes ago, Stucafu said:

Never known a game between two average teams to get so much attention. 

Neither team good enough to win it and results in last couple of weeks have shown that.

I don’t really follow the LEAFA much, I thought Sandys were top dogs through there right now?

2 average teams think they were the 2 best teams in there leagues last year dominating them winning just about all the trophies not bad for being average if there not good enuff to win it who is ! Since your a csafl follower u will say steins thistle or fallin !!

25 minutes ago, JBAFC said:

I don’t really follow the LEAFA much, I thought Sandys were top dogs through there right now?

Couldn't tell you. I judge leagues by their teams performances in the big one. 

LEAFA hasnt done much in scottish since Craigshill a few years back. 

2 hours ago, Bawsoot said:

2 average teams think they were the 2 best teams in there leagues last year dominating them winning just about all the trophies not bad for being average if there not good enuff to win it who is ! Since your a csafl follower u will say steins thistle or fallin !!

Steins wont have enough to win it, should get through Bonees though.

Fallin have more firepower than anyone In this cup and are on a good run of form in league.

3 hours ago, Stucafu said:

Never known a game between two average teams to get so much attention. 

Neither team good enough to win it and results in last couple of weeks have shown that.

Does it really matter what kind of attention any tie gets? Its all about peoples opinions. I wont tell you we have done enough this season as we simply havent, but to suggest we are an average side in amatuer football given what we have won over the last few years is miles out.

Fallin have more fire power than anyone else in the cup and how do you know all this ? That cause there in the csafl  lets not forget fallin are only playing in the first division think you will find sandys have potentially the most fire power in the cup laddie 

9 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Fallin have more fire power than anyone else in the cup and how do you know all this ? That cause there in the csafl  lets not forget fallin are only playing in the first division think you will find sandys have potentially the most fire power in the cup laddie 

I have watched Fallin  3 times this season and a couple last season, they have 3 good attackers and you’d struggle to find me a team in the East with better.

They also lost their Scotland winger Heaver to Bannockburn last season.

Fallin to beat Sandys if they meet in the competition IMO. 

Steins handily beat Sandys in the Scottish and I think Steins would be an easy afternoon’s work for Fallin.

7 minutes ago, JBAFC said:

I have watched Fallin  3 times this season and a couple last season, they have 3 good attackers and you’d struggle to find me a team in the East with better.

They also lost their Scotland winger Heaver to Bannockburn last season.

Fallin to beat Sandys if they meet in the competition IMO. 

Steins handily beat Sandys in the Scottish and I think Steins would be an easy afternoon’s work for Fallin.

This is what a forum is all about. When we played Steins in the Scottish they did surprise us a little. The 2 boys at the back were very good for them and we got what we deserved on the day. Our season is at a point now where we are probably relying on good results in the east to salvage our season. I have said from the beginning it would be wrong to suggest anyone is a favourite as there are lots of temas capable on their day.