• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Bawsoot

East of Scotland cup

On 25/10/2018 at 12:49, Cocoleafa said:

Can’t see an Edinburgh team winning this unfortunately as not enough consistency in big tournaments especially with the leagues being so competitive most are concentrating on other cups and there league, and the west teams don’t have as much competitive so can concentrate on the bigger cups

A LEAFA team has won the East 3 years running so there’s been a wee bit consistency in that. I think after last season in almost cleaning up in LEAFA, Sandy’s will want to do better in the majors (they got a good taste of the Scottish last year)  and they’ll see the East as a cup a team of their quality should be going for.

I dare say they may even make it a priority whilst obviously wanting to win the league and local cups, I’d be surprised if an eye hasn’t been cast towards the big 2 this season. 

Edited by Dinsey

8 hours ago, Dinsey said:

A LEAFA team has won the East 3 years running so there’s been a wee bit consistency in that. I think after last season in almost cleaning up in LEAFA, Sandy’s will want to do better in the majors (they got a good taste of the Scottish last year)  and they’ll see the East as a cup a team of their quality should be going for.

I dare say they may even make it a priority whilst obviously wanting to win the league and local cups, I’d be surprised if an eye hasn’t been cast towards the big 2 this season. 

Word on the street is a pub team won it last year... just saying :whistle

11 hours ago, puma king said:

Word on the street is a pub team won it last year... just saying :whistle

Word on the street? You dont even make sense ive told you before you're a banger. You have no valid opinions on here. You come on to try and wind people up with your shite patter. You probably played at a footballing level as bad as your chat. Tit

2 hours ago, Sandysafc said:

Word on the street? You dont even make sense ive told you before you're a banger. You have no valid opinions on here. You come on to try and wind people up with your shite patter. You probably played at a footballing level as bad as your chat. Tit

Maybe best you get a grown up person to explain it to you..8)

Well after yesterday's performance sandys have to be favourites to win the cup now they have home advantage over an average pennies team who let's be honest play in a very poor league which also gives sandys the edge as they are playing more competitive games most weeks and let's be honest  nobody's likes playing at castleview 

Regardless of what league Pennies are in they are still a strong outfit just ask Goldenhill.

This will be a cracker tho and home advantage could be key for Sandys if they use it properly.

Pennies have some very experienced players who will not be fazed by going to Castelview and they definetely have more quality than Sandys. 

Pennies to win this one for me.

Pennies below par against Clackmannan but have look to have serious dept in there squad with ex junior players and could could trouble anyone against them at the moment. Don’t believe the hype over Sandys I suspect a close game with pennies a goal or two

Iv not seen Pennies this year and there only time I did see them is when we beat them in the East semi last year while most wrote us off I wasn’t overly impressed after reading a fair bit about them on here. 

Have they strengthened this year?

I actually think Sandys are now a much better team on a big park and Castleview now doesn’t play to their strengths as it used to. That view was further strengthened having watched them the last two weeks. I believe they may consider moving this. 

It should be a good game and one we are looking forward to. We know Pennies are a good side. I would say the East is probably our priority this season so theres a lot of pressure in this game for us and if we get through it will only get bigger. That is something we obviously want but we are under no illusions how difficult a competition it is to win having lost 2 finals over the years. Dinsey will agree with that

6 minutes ago, Sandysafc said:

It should be a good game and one we are looking forward to. We know Pennies are a good side. I would say the East is probably our priority this season so theres a lot of pressure in this game for us and if we get through it will only get bigger. That is something we obviously want but we are under no illusions how difficult a competition it is to win having lost 2 finals over the years. Dinsey will agree with that

I found it a piece of piss mate haha 

Joking aside though, to win it you need to get through tough games against the best sides with a share of luck on the way. I said the winner of your tie will be most peoples favourites “on paper” but games aren’t played on paper and there are good teams left that will fancy their chances too.

Last year nobody outside Fallin and St Bernard’s would have predicted either the two finalists at the start of the season so anything can happen. 

There is a chance a dark horse like Syngenta could sneak into the final but win it, no chance. Winner will come from 1 of 3 possibly 4.

38 minutes ago, Redondo said:

There is a chance a dark horse like Syngenta could sneak into the final but win it, no chance. Winner will come from 1 of 3 possibly 4.

Surely if they sneaked into the final they would have a chance of winning it? I think its a very open competition and as ive said before its perhaps unfair on other sides to label certain teams favourites. The so called 'underdogs' will be quite enjoying not having a mention as possible winners.  There will be a better view of the 'favourites' after the next round of games. I wouldnt rule anything out

Clearly depending on draw, but Pennies v Fallin final for me.

Edinburgh teams not good enough to compete with this two at the minute.