East of Scotland cup

Bawsoot

1 hour ago, Mick Kennedy said:

They will need to go through the leagues mate 

Oooft, I get that there's a process to go through but having saw and played against most of the teams in the SAFL I'm guessing a team that is in the Final of the East will be double digits most weeks in the lowest league and possibly in the first as well!

Could be hard to keep the team motivated, plenty of cups etc I guess.

Edited by RPHG

3 hours ago, Stucafu said:

Making nothing up SA, merely answering Fraz's post about him knowing the reasons from a good source....

You might want to show they emails to Fraz if they have no explanation in them, so he can stop spouting nonsense on here.

What nonsense have I spouted mate ?? 

On 24/03/2019 at 20:40, Fraz_1311 said:

Classless or retaliation there’s a difference and they have been accepted into a bigger league imo  not there first choice but will definitely be an improvement on the s&d I’ve heard some of the reasons they weren’t accepted from a reliable source and it’s laughable 

I think he means this m8.

There were no reasons given though so someone is pulling ur leg.

1 hour ago, Fraz_1311 said:

What nonsense have I spouted mate ?? 

You said you had heard the reasons why they kept getting rejected, then your gaffer says they haven't been given any reasons. One of you is talking nonsense..

I just thought his standing in the club, would make his statement seem more legit, therefore, yours would be nonsense.

10 minutes ago, Stucafu said:

You said you had heard the reasons why they kept getting rejected, then your gaffer says they haven't been given any reasons. One of you is talking nonsense..

I just thought his standing in the club, would make his statement seem more legit, therefore, yours would be nonsense.

I said I had heard some of the reason that they were rejected  from reliable sources I also said I was nothing to do with the club Santa is so he will know better than me at the end of the day 

Have you been told you are starting in the lower leagues already?
I'd be stunned if the SAFL didn't stick you in the top division, but to be honest I've no idea of the politics involved in making a decision like that.

We will be in whatever league the committee put us in we obviously Hope league reconstruction goes ahead and we have a chance of being in premier in one year if not we will respect the decision and go about our business as normal. We are very grateful to the safl for giving us a fresh challenge and being very professional and welcoming each time we have met.

8 hours ago, Sa2109 said:

We will be in whatever league the committee put us in we obviously Hope league reconstruction goes ahead and we have a chance of being in premier in one year if not we will respect the decision and go about our business as normal. We are very grateful to the safl for giving us a fresh challenge and being very professional and welcoming each time we have met.

I'd be stunned if you were put in the bottom league, that's no good for the teams already there or for you guys.

I reckon the top teams will want you in the top division and the teams in the lower leagues defo won't enjoy getting pumped by a major finalist, also removes their chance of winning the league.

I'd be stunned if you were put in the bottom league, that's no good for the teams already there or for you guys.
I reckon the top teams will want you in the top division and the teams in the lower leagues defo won't enjoy getting pumped by a major finalist, also removes their chance of winning the league.
How would they go about putting them in the premier tho? Relegate an extra team ? Do not promote a team that earned it? Or just increase the number of teams in the premier? Tbh I think all of they suggestions would be unfair and go against the constitution.

You can't just stick them in the top league because you want to. They will need to earn promotion like everyone else. That's the downside of wanting to move leagues. Screw over someone who has been a member of that association for years just to accommodate a newcomer? If they pump everyone in 1st season then so be it.

28 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

You can't just stick them in the top league because you want to. They will need to earn promotion like everyone else. That's the downside of wanting to move leagues. Screw over someone who has been a member of that association for years just to accommodate a newcomer? If they pump everyone in 1st season then so be it.

Cool, we'll see what happens.

I reckon the SAFL leagues at the moment are pretty unbalanced, I also reckon most teams want to play at a level which allows them to compete. 

I don't think anyone in the league set up should be screwed over so if that's the only way to do it then no I wouldn't be up for that, but I believe they increased the top league numbers this season only for one of the teams to fold before it started, maybe they'll do that again.

46 minutes ago, The retro star said:

They won’t walk the bottom league either a wouldn’t think some strong teams in there by the looks of it , what about the other new teams that join do they go straight into prem? 

I've never saw Pennies play, but they are in a major final.

I've played against and saw pretty much every team in the SAFL and if they go in that bottom league they will win every game, I have zero doubt about that.

I get why they would go in at the bottom but personally I believe it benefits no one. 

I've never saw Pennies play, but they are in a major final. I've played against and saw pretty much every team in the SAFL and if they go in that bottom league they will win every game, I have zero doubt about that. I get why they would go in at the bottom but personally I believe it benefits no one. 

SAFL used to have a Premier (1 & 2) and non premier Leagues (1, 2 & 3??) Teams who were mid table in the non premier Leagues got promoted into the Premier League because they wrote a nice letter to the Committee whilst teams in the non premier above them in the league were stepped over, nonsense situation. I believe it was challenged under whatever the SAFA rules were and they promptly scrapped premier/non premier and promotion went by merit and not any other reason. No one will go in at any level of the SAFL other than the bottom No matter how good or how much money they pay.  

Speaking of the safl whats happened to goldenhill? Last years scottish cup finalists not even being mentioned this year in terms of league challengers. I’m sure I read somewhere that they signed a few good ex junior players. I guess they just haven’t been at it this season? Always a hard team to beat in seasons gone by.

• 3 weeks later...

Well done to Pennies. Deserved 2-0 winners. Apart from a possible penalty shout after a decent first 15 mins Vics were second best.  Still a very strong team mind. 

Pennies finally fulfilling their potential. 

Edited by JCBino