East of Scotland cup

Bawsoot

2 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:
10 minutes ago, Redondo said:
The 2nd semi is on the 22nd march i believe. 

Cheers mate, we are going on like they' are all ready through. I know nothing about doune tho

Doune have good pedigree m8. Relegated last season from caley prem an results been up and down this season.

Still have some good experienced players in there ranks , theres a Scotland international in there midfield.

Just fancy Pennies as there strong all over the park.

On 10/03/2019 at 09:51, Dinsey said:

We had a very good team, that was no fluke in the semi. I’d have fancied us to have beaten them any other time too. 

Lot of people outwith our team and LEAFA wrote us off for that game. 

You did have a good team and I wasn’t being disrespectful in my comments if that’s how it sounded but on the night pennies never played anywhere near what they can. Imo if pennies played to what they can they would have got something that night. Tbh I thought it was a very poor standard on the night for an east semi.  But as I keep saying one off cup games anything can happen. It’s all about opinions tho and I’m sure yours could be very different 

On 10/03/2019 at 09:51, Dinsey said:

We had a very good team, that was no fluke in the semi. I’d have fancied us to have beaten them any other time too. 

Lot of people outwith our team and LEAFA wrote us off for that game. 

Where are all your boys playing now?

3 hours ago, 3yardsout said:

Where are all your boys playing now?

A couple stepped back up a level, and at the start of the season most were split between Sandys, Salvie and Newcraighall. And a handful just stopped playing. 

Since i went in to help at Lauriston a few weeks ago, Iv taken a few back there and next season I’d imagine a few more will be coming back on board with me. 

3 hours ago, 3yardsout said:

You did have a good team and I wasn’t being disrespectful in my comments if that’s how it sounded but on the night pennies never played anywhere near what they can. Imo if pennies played to what they can they would have got something that night. Tbh I thought it was a very poor standard on the night for an east semi.  But as I keep saying one off cup games anything can happen. It’s all about opinions tho and I’m sure yours could be very different 

I didnt take it as disrespectful mate, I knew what you meant, was just giving my thoughts! 

It was a very nervy game as they tend to be, with neither team wanting to conceded first. We too never played to what we can, I think the occasion played a big part but we done enough to get through on the night against most people’s prediction. 

I think we showed much more what we are all about in the final, I think Fallin gave us too much respect and changed how we had seen them play and gave us far too much time on the ball and allowed us to play, 

• 2 weeks later...

Took this game in last night. Thought Doune started well enough. Knocking it about but pennies dealt with anything pretty comfortably and grew into the game after 10 minutes or so. Once pennies got there passing going they looked dangerous. Missed a chance or 2 to take the lead and then scored from a corner to take the lead. Think Doune will be disappointed in the goal. All pennies after that. Scored 2nd just before half time that effectively ended the game. All pennies 2nd half. Should’ve added to there total. Doune didn’t really offer anything of a comeback which was disappointing though pennies were pressing them well. All in all very well deserved victory for pennies. Good luck in the final. 

Aye, well deserved win for Pennies. Could’ve been 5 or 6 if they had taken just their gilt edged chances but to to be fair the Doune keeper pulled off some cracking saves. Thought the ref was awful for both sides but at least it didn’t affect the outcome of the game.  

Pennies played some good stuff but they will need to be more clinical if they are to win the final IMO.  

Glad we are in final and no disrespect to Doune but if we play like that in final we are beat as ESV will punish us...... Set up to. Be a cracker though :) all the best to Doune for remainder of season 

On 23/03/2019 at 09:34, Gaz8 said:

Glad we are in final and no disrespect to Doune but if we play like that in final we are beat as ESV will punish us...... Set up to. Be a cracker though :) all the best to Doune for remainder of season 

Took in both semi finals and have to agree with you gaz8 Esv will be a far tougher test than what Doune were on Friday night all set up for a great final 

Glad we are in final and no disrespect to Doune but if we play like that in final we are beat as ESV will punish us...... Set up to. Be a cracker though [emoji4] all the best to Doune for remainder of season 

No disrespect to Doune, but........
If you didn't want to disrespect them keep that chat to your dressing room.

I took in this game on Friday thought Doune started well but Pennies never looked back after getting a goal in front. They also had lot of chances which they failed to take but as I said in earlier post I think their name might be on the trophy this year.