East of Scotland cup

Bawsoot

9 hours ago, JCBino said:

Well done Pennies and Fallin on another cracking cup tie. Fallin will be kicking themselves but they done well to come back from 0-2 against the run of play, I thought it was over when second goal went in, they proved me wrong.

Pennies have some class players and in the end it showed, the goal in extra time showed this. 

Well done lads. Good luck to Fallin for the rest of the season. 

Great cup tie yesterday with both teams proving there worth and the winner will definetely come from this tie as both teams are streets ahead of the rest. Pennies trophy to throw away now!!

Like u say they have some class players and when they get that major they can tick that box off but u get what u pay for in this world and where will they go from there?

Had the rub of the green yesterday by all accounts and going nowhere battering every team in there league, they wont win a Scottish thats for sure. 

All the best to Fallin in there quest to win there league a great addition to the Central league and there will be many more good days for them after yesterdays disappointment im sure.

10 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Anything can happen in a one off cup tie mate. Especially when it gets to the nitty gritty when its about luck and bottle as muchas anything. 

Think pennies showed that yesterday mate never stopped till the final whistle went and bounced on in et well done to walker and the boys and commiserations to donsey and fallin great team and set up they have 

NICKYRFC fallin were the “far” better side? I take it you were on the fallin sideline watching it lol personally on the day I don’t think there was anything between the two teams apart from pennies scoring more than fallin. Both had spells where they were on top in the game. As pennies have proved the previous 5 or 6 meetings between the teams before yesterday that pennies are a better team than fallin. I think my facts of having played each other now 6 or 7 times over 2 seasons and pennies winning 5/6 and the other being a draw proves pennies are the better team. 

Suppose cannae argue with facts but been at all those games..apart from cup final where we were very understrengthed and bit of a beating once in league at your gaff..been absolutely f**k all in it..agree you yest both had spells.You certainly carry that wee bit luck against us but hey ho..that's football.. Got wee Indian sign over us but after what seen yest matter time b4 we break that..Taking nothing away from yous g8 team that finding ways to win..not much between us tho chief.

Absolutely fun mac. I ain’t taking nothing away from fallin either as everybody knows there a good team. Never had an easy game against them apart from as you say the 4-0 win in the league at home but as all other games between the clubs showed that was just a one off and an off day for fallin. I have no doubt fallin will have there year in the east in the not so distant future I just hope this year is pennies. Time will tell tho 

6 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

Anything can happen in a one off cup tie mate. Especially when it gets to the nitty gritty when its about luck and bottle as muchas anything. 

Its my opinion. They have knocked out Fallin, Sandys and Tollcross. A lot of peoples fancies to win the cup. Yes, every game is different and things can go wrong but I think they will win it. If i could get a price on them I'd be having some of it

1 hour ago, Sandysafc said:

Its my opinion. They have knocked out Fallin, Sandys and Tollcross. A lot of peoples fancies to win the cup. Yes, every game is different and things can go wrong but I think they will win it. If i could get a price on them I'd be having some of it

Lol I’m sure the wee guy from your sidelines will give u some mate prob not the best odds though lol

Is it pennies vs Doune in the semi. Doune won it a few years ago I’m sure. Not sure how many of that squad are still there but them knocking steins out shows they are a good side. Should be a cracker. Steins would’ve fancied it. They’ve had a a couple of good cup results this season. Not on Saturday obviously. 

1 hour ago, LoveFitbaw said:

Is it pennies vs Doune in the semi. Doune won it a few years ago I’m sure. Not sure how many of that squad are still there but them knocking steins out shows they are a good side. Should be a cracker. Steins would’ve fancied it. They’ve had a a couple of good cup results this season. Not on Saturday obviously. 

It sure is Falkirk stadium Friday 22 March 

Doune will certainly be no walkover.  A club with a very good pedigree. Will no doubt be another cracker to add to the already growing list of crackers we have been involved in up until this stage. Going to be a very tough game but one we will look forward to as we always do 

Thanks to guys like Sandy’s for tipping us for the east. The only thing we can say if we do eventually win it we will deserve it with all the great teams we have already knocked out not to mention the next game coming up. We will not under estimate anyone in a one off game we done that already this year with castlemilk and they deservedly turned us over. We have had many a great battle with fallin and I am sure we will have more in the future.

I would personally like to thank all the teams like Chryston in our league who came and supported us as it’s very much appreciated. We hope we can step on and show our ability in this years final stages as we simply never showed up last year.

• 4 weeks later...