East of Scotland cup

Bawsoot

2 hours ago, ScottishBaggio said:

If sandys play to there strengths (play football) and the sideline let that happen they are unplayable 

Steady!!!

There good but I would fancy Colville if it came down to football.

There strength is the home advantage for me , wee tight park and hostile crowd. If they get the luck of the draws this will carry them into the latter stages of the biggies.

44 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Just saw that tollcross have 2 guys in Scotland squad for Sunday do you still think pennies will b to strong for tollcross Redondo 

2 good players as well in Stewart O'neill and the other boy if its the centre half im thinking it is. Good to see guys from the east getting the recognition they deserve in the Scotland squad. Should be a good game between Pennies and Tollcross

You definitely need a wee bit luck with the draw, you can get away games that become extremely difficult. 

On way to winning it last year we played Greentree away and with the greatest respect, we would have taken them apart at home or on a good pitch. They chose to take us off-road so to speak and played to their strengths and we were lucky to get the win. 

There are teams that you expect to hit the latter stages but one tricky tie with a few guys missing and anything can happen. 

3 minutes ago, Dinsey said:

You definitely need a wee bit luck with the draw, you can get away games that become extremely difficult. 

On way to winning it last year we played Greentree away and with the greatest respect, we would have taken them apart at home or on a good pitch. They chose to take us off-road so to speak and played to their strengths and we were lucky to get the win. 

There are teams that you expect to hit the latter stages but one tricky tie with a few guys missing and anything can happen. 

100% correct.  Nowadays teams are very rarely at full strength every week which makes home advantage in the draw even more important.

A good away day in any big cup is allways good but ask any team with aspirations of going all the way and theyll probly say home ties all the way.

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

100% correct.  Nowadays teams are very rarely at full strength every week which makes home advantage in the draw even more important.

A good away day in any big cup is allways good but ask any team with aspirations of going all the way and theyll probly say home ties all the way.

Which is why i think its wrong to suggest anyone is a 'favourite'. After tomorrows results this topic should be interesting

1 minute ago, Sandysafc said:

Which is why i think its wrong to suggest anyone is a 'favourite'. After tomorrows results this topic should be interesting

Suggesting favourites is a matter of opinion its part of the game for people to say who they think may win a comp. 

Not very often does a rank outsider win a major at amateur level. 

We will see after 2moro but if Tollcross beat Pennies it will be a shock to me. They may have 2 lads called up for Scotland trials but they also got beat off Drum utd's sat morn team in Scottish couple wks ago so added pressure for them 2moro.

47 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Suggesting favourites is a matter of opinion its part of the game for people to say who they think may win a comp. 

Not very often does a rank outsider win a major at amateur level. 

We will see after 2moro but if Tollcross beat Pennies it will be a shock to me. They may have 2 lads called up for Scotland trials but they also got beat off Drum utd's sat morn team in Scottish couple wks ago so added pressure for them 2moro.

I think its common knowledge that Tollcross dont enjoy playing their football in 'rough' places. A nice summers day out at Saughton 3g may suit them but going to the drum after summer for a Scottish cup tie is a different kettle of fish for them

1 hour ago, Sandysafc said:

I think its common knowledge that Tollcross dont enjoy playing their football in 'rough' places. A nice summers day out at Saughton 3g may suit them but going to the drum after summer for a Scottish cup tie is a different kettle of fish for them

Hence the reason I fancy Pennies 2moro, they will know that and have the physical presence to upset them.

Sure a few years ago they got thumped in Scottish at home as well