East of Scotland cup

Bawsoot

Who will be this year's East of Scotland winner ..... few big games this wk sandys away to linlithgow thistle should be an easy win for sandys will go for 5-1  who must be the favourite to win it. Tollcross away to pennies will go for a 3-1 victory for tollcross .

1 hour ago, Bawsoot said:

Who will be this year's East of Scotland winner ..... few big games this wk sandys away to linlithgow thistle should be an easy win for sandys will go for 5-1  who must be the favourite to win it. Tollcross away to pennies will go for a 3-1 victory for tollcross .

I wouldnt make us favourites, its a very difficult cup to win. We've lost in 2 East finals but last couple of years not done as well as we should have. Theres a lot of really good sides in it

16 minutes ago, Bawsoot said:

Would agree 100% it's a very difficult cup to win but with the squad use have use have to be 1 of the favourite to lift it this year Only other teams i think are good enough to win it would be tollcross or salveston 

What about teams like pennies, stenhousemuir, fallin etc. Dont know what any of them are like but they must fancy their chances

43 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Pennies will be too strong for Tollcross.

Sandys no gimmie away to Steins thistle.

Stenny serial quarter/semi finalist's last few years and dont right off Tullibody who are flying in there league so far this season. 

We play Linlithgow. Steins game is scottish cup

1 hour ago, Bawsoot said:

Redondo have you seen stenhousemuir, fallin , tullibody or pennies this yr 

With the exception of Pennies yes but they still have enough quality there from last season. Added some youth also which should mix well with the experience they have.  Theyll take care of Tollcross on sat then there big test is Goldenhill in Scottish. Wont surprise me if they win that 1 also.

The other 3 are all very capable of winning the competition.  As with all the big cups the draw has a massive part to play then its all on the day.

Ad say winner is from these 4 and i would throw Sandy's in there aswell.

I think to suggest anyone is favourite is a bit unfair to other teams in it. Who would've predicted St Bernards would win it last year after getting promoted to the Premier? Or Salvie the year before when in the lower leagues? All it takes is a tough away tie and you could be right up against it. 

1 hour ago, Sandysafc said:

I think to suggest anyone is favourite is a bit unfair to other teams in it. Who would've predicted St Bernards would win it last year after getting promoted to the Premier? Or Salvie the year before when in the lower leagues? All it takes is a tough away tie and you could be right up against it. 

France were 1 of the favs for the WC and they won it , its not unfair or disrespectfull to tip a team.

44 minutes ago, Redondo said:

France were 1 of the favs for the WC and they won it , its not unfair or disrespectfull to tip a team.

My point is that its very difficult to tip a winner as theres a lot of teams in the competition capable of winning it. Its all about opinions but i dont think its right to suggest that the winner will come from 1 of 4 teams as there's a lot of quality in that competition

Fair enough m8 opinions at the end of the day and yeah anyone can win it, realistically tho you have to fancy ur chances of a good run?

Won practically everything in LEAFA last term so that would say ur the associations favourite just like Pennies are favs from S&D , Stenny best placed from Caley then Steins , Tullibody & Fallin from Central. 

Would say thats a fair judgement if anyone is looking for a winner.

23 hours ago, Sandysafc said:

My point is that its very difficult to tip a winner as theres a lot of teams in the competition capable of winning it. Its all about opinions but i dont think its right to suggest that the winner will come from 1 of 4 teams as there's a lot of quality in that competition

If sandys play to there strengths (play football) and the sideline let that happen they are unplayable