The secretary of state for Scotland.

SandyCromarty

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

Mundell never claimed to resign last night, anything suggesting he did is misreporting. He defied a three-line whip, along with three other Cabinet ministers, and is effectively daring the PM to sack him.

The PM has lost all authority, and Mundell is taking advantage of that to protect himself with his votes.

I suspect there’ll be outright fury in Downing Street, as the amended motion wouldn’t have carried if the four ministers had voted as they were told. But it seems both sides are happy to hide behind miscommunication from the whips.

Slightly off topic but related; the Tories were against their Remainers in government voting against removing Article 50 long-term but were happy to see Brexiteer government members support Malthouse which is not government policy.

Hypocritical and an indication that May is more frightened of the ERG than anyone else in her party.

Mundell would have got slaughtered by the SNP if he hadn't abstained. There's no reason why he should resign over this - nobody else seems to care for resigning. And if anyone should it's the boot who has seen her own proposal leathered twice. Normal doesn't apply any more. 

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I believe the word for Fluffy is.....shitebag

On almost every other occasion I'd agree with you. But this time he's defied the whip in line with his consistent view that No Deal would be dreadful. I can't stand the man but I'd have thought even less of him (not sure if  possible) if he'd followed his party line. 

8 minutes ago, HTG said:

On almost every other occasion I'd agree with you. But this time he's defied the whip in line with his consistent view that No Deal would be dreadful. I can't stand the man but I'd have thought even less of him (not sure if  possible) if he'd followed his party line. 

He abstained=shitebag

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

He abstained=shitebag

Correct. If the p***k had any principles whatsoever, and was dead against a no deal brexit, he should have voted in line with that. He's a shitebag. Then again, he's a Tory, so that's pretty much a given anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Heard today that the wee shite has spent over £120,000 of our tax money on overseas trips to New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, Myanmar, Argentina and Singapore etc.

His excuse for it is that "He was promoting Scotland".

If that is the case then these countries will have a very poor opinion of Scotland now.

Feckin court jester.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Heard today that the wee shite has spent over £120,000 of our tax money on overseas trips to New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong, Myanmar, Argentina and Singapore etc.
His excuse for it is that "He was promoting Scotland".
If that is the case then these countries will have a very poor opinion of Scotland now.
Feckin court jester.

I can’t imagine a man less suited to promote Scotland.

I forgot to add that he also visited Paraguay to promote Scotland, as we all know Paraguay is a huge trading partner with Scotland as last year they sent us four Llama's for Edinburgh Zoo and we exported sixteen cases of Tunnocks Tea Cakes and a pallet of Irn Bru to them.

what a tinpot country we are.

Absolute cringe for folk that query whether we should be promoting Scotland abroad whether the actual First Minister (For fox sake) of any stripe or the Secretary of State.

Cringe for anyone too that thinks promoting Scotland is not important, even more so as part of the UK.  Tinpot doesn't even cover it.

1 hour ago, tirso said:

what a tinpot country we are.

Absolute cringe for folk that query whether we should be promoting Scotland abroad whether the actual First Minister (For fox sake) of any stripe or the Secretary of State.

Cringe for anyone too that thinks promoting Scotland is not important, even more so as part of the UK.  Tinpot doesn't even cover it.

You're missing the point massively here.

Almost certainly on purpose.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I forgot to add that he also visited Paraguay to promote Scotland, as we all know Paraguay is a huge trading partner with Scotland as last year they sent us four Llama's for Edinburgh Zoo and we exported sixteen cases of Tunnocks Tea Cakes and a pallet of Irn Bru to them.

Original recipe?