The secretary of state for Scotland.

SandyCromarty

Just now, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Maybe you should get out more. I agree that there are immense thicko out there, but you get them in every political ideology. Again, I know a few Tories who are very decent people and very articulate. 

I've dealt with plenty of the local ones in past and present jobs. Literally none of them are decent people. 

Just now, MixuFixit said:

This is what I struggle with - some people seem to find no problem in separating the beliefs, values, voting records and real life consequences of that from them being sociable people. I suppose Ruth Davidson is the pinnacle of this doublethink.

If the tories had gone out and killed 120000+ disabled and vulnerable people with guns they would be in the Hague. Because they've done it by bringing about early deaths through institutional neglect over a period of years that somehow doesn't turn them into the pariahs they should be.

You can be a tory or you can be a decent person. You can't be both.

Of course you can be both. That is utter nonsense.

Just now, doulikefish said:

Highlandmagyar reminds me of a good friend of mine who is an ex serviceman.Complains about the amount of homeless ex serviceman then 2 mins later proudly boasts that he votes tory.Thankfully lives in wiltshire

As I have never voted Tory in my life there really is no comparison.

5 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Utter mince. Are You actually saying that ALL Tory MP's are untrustworthy? While I utterly detest that political organisation I know Tories who are extremely decent people, it's just their political beliefs that are awry.

Was it Iain Banks who described such people as being like undigested sweetcorn. Integrity intact but still fundamentally covered in shit.

10 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Utter mince. Are You actually saying that ALL Tory MP's are untrustworthy? While I utterly detest that political organisation I know Tories who are extremely decent people, it's just their political beliefs that are awry.

Yes I am saying that. Every single one. You cannot be a decent person with the political belief of a Tory.

Next you'll be telling me Hitler was a nice guy

10 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Oh dear! I think you need to see the larger world and open your narrow mi d.

My mind is far from narrow and have seen the larger world. 

If you can provide me of some evidence that Tory MP's are decent people then I will change my viewpoint. Until then I will look at their voting records and base my viewpoint on the abject misery they have knowingly inflicted on people due to their twisted ideology.

12 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Of course you can be both. That is utter nonsense.

I can see where you're coming from, and I know folk who profess to be Tories who are decent people.  However, given their party's increasingly illiberal trajectory, moral bankruptcy and the deep, deep misery they are visiting on millions of people in the UK and elsewhere I really have to question their continuing association and indeed their moral credo.  I would hazard that denial has a great deal to do with it, as in my experience they become very uneasy when the subject is broached.

I see a direct parallel in the Roman Catholic Church, and I have to admit to recently gasping with astonishment in trying square the sighting of a 'Nuns Having Fun' calendar in Braehead Shopping Centre in the wake of the shocking revelations about the Smyllum Home in Lanark, just one atrocityin a lengthening case file.  Of course, these episodes cannot be laid at the door of 99.99% of the church, but I'm not sure I could comfortably retain my faith.

Jacob Rees-Mogg however, he doesn't seem troubled on any count......

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

4 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Highlandmagyar standing his ground defending Tories is the most Labour thing ever.

And as consistent with Scottish Nationalists you twist what I said. Have I defended the Tory party? Have I defended their policies? I have only pointed out that not all Tories are evil, as you profess. I pointed out that I know people who are Tory voters that are decent people.

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

And as consistent with Scottish Nationalists you twist what I said. Have I defended the Tory party? Have I defended their policies? I have only pointed out that not all Tories are evil, as you profess. I pointed out that I know people who are Tory voters that are decent people.

See you've went from saying not all Tory MP's are untrustworthy to saying that some Tory voters are decent people. You seem to be twisting your own words.

Tory voters vote in the c***s that cause the abject misery. Tory voters are c***s as well

When you start labelling everyone who opposes your politics as 'bad people', you basically end the democratic process. You deny the legitimacy of those you disagree with and that leaves debate nowhere to go. It's Trumpian.

It's entirely unhealthy. I wouldn't vote for the Tories, but I don't think that voting for them precludes someone from being a decent person. To say that it does is typical of the polarised state of politics in The West these days. It is fine to disagree, even to disagree aggressively, but when you claim that someone is incapable of being a decent person because of the party they vote for, then you've become part of the problem.

Edited by JTS98

But they're not decent people. If your 'good' tories help to elect many more 'bad' tories into power in order to enact 'bad' tory policy that deliberately causes the death of UK citizens they are not good. Google the banality of evil ffs.

In Eric Pickle’s case it was the obesity of evil.