Pyramid 2019/2020

25 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Yes I do.I would think some clubs might reconsider 

You'd have to be a complete clusterfuck of a club to request to move to the EoS league and then want to be playing in the "Junior" leagues in 2020.

Oh!

26 minutes ago, Jason King said:

You'd have to be a complete clusterfuck of a club to request to move to the EoS league and then want to be playing in the "Junior" leagues in 2020.

Oh!

There’s no way we could match those massive clubs in the EoSL,we’re better staying where we are playing against diddy clubs in the West. :lol:

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Answer this point specifically.

You understood 10 months ago that the ERJFA and EoS could not operate at the same level in the Pyramid, you even opinioned that the WRJFA would have to slot in underneath if a WoS was formed. The SJFA had their chance and had blown it.

So you understood the dynamics of it and agreed that it couldn't happen. What's changed?

I guess it's too hard for him to answer.

Introduction of the Juniors means an additional round of playoffs for the Lowland League, which has an impact on scheduling.
There are these applying Bo'ness and Linlithgow amateurs looking to move to the Juniors. In the Bo'ness case planning to use the same stadium as Bo'ness United which has an impact on scheduling.

It's actually Linlithgow Thistle 're branding as Boness Utd under the juniors - well that's the talk anyways.

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is the opinion of some bankies fans, others have alternative views and times marching on for an egm to change it.

Whilst the West Juniors are in at tier 6 there’s no chance of the club moving to tier 7 in the East and winning games by a cricket score every week.Who wants to watch that? 

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The West should be insisting their entry into the pyramid should mean that Bonnyton are forced to join if they were to adopt the same toys out of the pram approach as the  EoSL.

Could you name some of these clubs, or those in a general area who might reconsider? Because I doubt clubs in the Borders, East/Mid Lothian would want to move on their own and incur more travel. Others in the EOS Premier will not want to move away from the bigger crowds on offer in the EOS.

And clubs who are going through licensing would need to know that they could keep their licence before moving to an organisation currently outside the pyramid.

6 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

It's actually Linlithgow Thistle 're branding as Boness Utd under the juniors - well that's the talk anyways.

Like that won't be confusing or anything - I wonder if there is an example of a club renaming themselves the same as another club in Scottish football?

SFA articles of association, 10.7: "No club in registered membership shall adopt in whole or in part the name of a club in full membership without the prior written consent of the Board." - better do it before Bo'ness become a full member...

38 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Going by the chat following the East Region meeting there are two amateur clubs applying that'll become a bo'ness junior club and the other a linlithgow junior club.

On 08/02/2019 at 21:56, Tynierose said:

The boness team are an ex amateur team that were called Linlithgow Thistle.

The Linlithgow juniors team are basically a team who were Linlithgow amateurs.

Neither will have affiliation with the tier six teams that play in EOS.

30 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Still need a vote to change direction.

31 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Still need a vote to change direction.

Why,the vote was to join the pyramid and go for our club license when the park was upgraded.At the time the only avenues were EoS or SoS leagues.The EoS was chosen.

Things have changed markedly since then with the vote for the Juniors to join the pyramid at the AGM and the ongoing work at the PWG where we’ve been assured that we will be in at tier 6 next season.

There is no change of direction.

2 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The West should be insisting their entry into the pyramid should mean that Bonnyton are forced to join if they were to adopt the same toys out of the pram approach as the  EoSL.

If ersjfa got in the pyramid other than for geographical reasons Jeanfield and St andrews would be only one and neither of them seem to want to go back

Why,the vote was to join the pyramid and go for our club license when the park was upgraded.At the time the only avenues were EoS or SoS leagues.The EoS was chosen.
Things have changed markedly since then with the vote for the Juniors to join the pyramid at the AGM and the ongoing work at the PWG where we’ve been assured that we will be in at tier 6 next season.

Vote specifically was for the club to join the pyramid using the boards recommendation of joining the eosl on a delayed entry. I know this because i voted against the motion with 2 other people as I wanted to move this season.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Vote specifically was for the club to join the pyramid using the boards recommendation of joining the eosl on a delayed entry. I know this because i voted against the motion with 2 other people as I wanted to move this season.

There won’t be an egm.

There will probably be a fans meeting at some point to explain the changes in the pyramid.

I doubt the board will need to explain why we won’t be joining a league at a tier further down the pyramid that is a poorer standard and costs the club a fortune in travel costs.

There won’t be an egm.
There will probably be a fans meeting at some point to explain the changes in the pyramid.
I doubt the board will need to explain why we won’t be joining a league at a tier further down the pyramid that is a poorer standard and costs the club a fortune in travel costs.

So the board are just going to go against a decision reached by an egm of the clubs owners and put their faith in something the fans have been told nothing about led by a man who did his utmost to put the club out of business? Aye that’ll go down well.

If tier 6 was 'assured' why would the EOS at a meeting last week tell its members otherwise? (the poster I'm quoting is involved with Linlithgow Rose in an official capacity iirc)

In respect of tier six next season the Eos are saying one thing juniors another.

At the eosfl meeting last night the mgmnt committee gave compelling reasons and resaurance that nothing had been agreed pertaining the West and the East wasn't going to happen.

Time will tell.