Pyramid 2019/2020

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Have been assured by PM (definitely won't divulge the source) that option 4 did come from the SFA. Think the indications are that the SFA board have a preferred outcome at this point that is different from your one. That's different from being clueless.

Think you are projecting on the irrational grudge thing. Did you miss my recent posts in which I was arguing that the EoS should do as much as possible to attract more junior clubs into their fold for next season?

Assured by PM........I said anyone around that table could have made the suggestion, so it could have been Petrie.  What is clear is that this isn’t SFA policy, SPFL policy or LL policy, it’s a suggestion to stir debate.  It’s a little disingenuous to imply that the SFA want to drive that particular suggestion when they haven’t even spoken to any of the parties involved.

My best guess would be the LL wouldn’t even entertain the idea until such times the SPFL opened up further promotion spots, and the SPFL won’t want three feeders until such times as the top division in the west is established and fully Licenced.  If you’re claiming that Brechin are bleating about possibly going to the HL, wait until clubs are faced with being relegated to one of two regional Lowland Leagues.

Let’s remember, neither Petrie or Maxwell had any idea that the HL/LL existed, and Maxwell himself admitted his knowledge of non-league football was poor, followed by trying to shoehorn another east league into the Pyramid.  Given those facts, and the way the PWG has gone so far, then I’ll let others make up their own mind as to whether the SFA are a bit clueless or not.

Edited by Burnie_man

Not the guy from Lochee and I argued against a lot of what he was saying back when he was posting. Again, have you actually been reading my recent posts where I have been saying that the best thing that could happen from a pyramid standpoint is another mass defection of ERSJFA clubs to the EoS?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

7 minutes ago, stanley said:

Wish an east junior club would apply to the EoS or something would happen with the west juniors moving to the senior pyramid so we would actually have something new to talk about...

Between tonight and tomorrow you will likely hear what the West Region's preferences are, as they are holding their meeting tonight.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Between tonight and tomorrow you will likely hear what the West Region's preferences are, as they are holding their meeting tonight.

I'm not sure the west care that much. The west junior game is probably doing alright. It's the east but if that bbc article is true that the line will  e reviewed at a meeting 0n 29th so we will see

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

I'm not sure the west care that much. The west junior game is probably doing alright. It's the east but if that bbc article is true that the line will  e reviewed at a meeting 0n 29th so we will see

What the West does has a significant effect on everyone else. Tier 5 entry or Tier 6, with the East or without. All impacts what happens at the PWG level.

As for the BBC article, its been known that the boundary was to be discussed ever since the last PWG meeting. Which is represented in a single sentence " But it could be altered after a Hampden meeting between all relevant bodies on 29 January. "

Fair, why does the west still believe that tier 5 entry is an option? Do you mean tier 6 or tier 7?

What the West does has a significant effect on everyone else. Tier 5 entry or Tier 6, with the East or without. All impacts what happens at the PWG level.
As for the BBC article, its been known that the boundary was to be discussed ever since the last PWG meeting. Which is represented in a single sentence " But it could be altered after a Hampden meeting between all relevant bodies on 29 January. "

Just now, G4Mac said:

Fair, why does the west still believe that tier 5 entry is an option? Do you mean tier 6 or tier 7?

Because it was put on the list of options. Because they're dismissive of the standard of the Lowland League. Because not enough of them care for entering the pyramid. Because they're in their own little bubble and don't want to go to Elgin on a wet wednesday night.

18 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

The ( N) word was used to describe the people who run the eosl.

15 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

“With regards to the pyramid, the EoS is currently the n****r in the woodpile”

Some interesting allegations coming out of tonights WRJFA meeting...................

Because it was put on the list of options. Because they're dismissive of the standard of the Lowland League. Because not enough of them care for entering the pyramid. Because they're in their own little bubble and don't want to go to Elgin on a wet wednesday night.
Ah okay, when you put it like that [emoji4]

We want in at a top table without having had anything to do with setting it and we want waiter service aswell..... You should be thankful we are here type stuff.... I get you now.

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

So it seems as long as:

1. the West want in at a tier 5, and
  2. tier 5 continues to require clubs have a licence which you can't get without first joining the pyramid

then there will be a perpetual stalemate?

That's why they're waiting a year to do it. A year to get licenced.

If that year turns out to not actually lead anywhere, well the die hard juniors will probably be happy with that.

6 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Ah okay, when you put it like that emoji4.png

We want in at a top table without having had anything to do with setting it and we want waiter service aswell..... You should be thankful we are here type stuff.... I get you now.

I'm hoping. Especially with this apparent use of a racial slur by a junior blazer that a breakaway WoSFL is going to happen.

Cumnock and Petershill went through all the paperwork to try and start licencing. We know Clydebank have voted to go senior and also have a trust meeting on Sunday. So there are clubs out there.