Pyramid 2019/2020

On 26/08/2019 at 00:22, GordonS said:

I know where you're coming from, but equally, I know directors of one L2 club and uncovered standing would be a bit of a shock to their system. I'll bet Dunfermline's directors have never had that at an away match. I take it you know there are literally no seats at Bonnyrigg, apart from a wee bench?

Tbh I think 50 covered seats should be a minimum requirement for entry to the SPFL, just my opinion.

I agree that 50 covered seating should be a minimum for clubs at Tiers 4 & 5 . Higher minimum seating standards needed for clubs in higher SPFL divisions.

Target date for licensing change June 2022/23, thereby giving clubs time to prepare for this change. Definitely no "backdated" licensing change must be  agreed !!

Edited by Robert James
typo error

Create a West of Scotland Premier League with North and South levels below it. WoSPL should be an invitational merger between SoS and the West Junior Premier. Any current SoS are welcome to join it although I'd imagine the vast majority would be happy to form a WoS Division 1 South instead.

• 3 weeks later...

For those eagerly awaiting part two of the piece, in favour of juniors in the big cup, unfortunately it never happened as the intended writer had other things to get through. Anyone interested in writing one themselves is liable to two free programmes...

• 4 weeks later...

I was having a think today about merging ERSJFA into EOSFL. I worked out a way of getting the South plus Tayport in.  The other 17 teams from the North would join up with North until the boundary either changes or some other solution. So how I did it for next season was based on who I thought would finish where so don't get upset if your teams in a different division. So 3 up and 3 down scenario from Premier lEague to First division for this season. So first division would be made up of the 3 relegated from premier and 2nd to 5th from the two conferences minus the playoff winner plus Tayport and the top 5 of the East Super League South. Giving 16 teams. With Eyemouth returning that would leave 15 from EOSFL and 15 left from ERSJFA South to go into the 2nd Divsion Which I thought best was regional as that had been the worry of many of the smaller teams at tier 8. That would be split 3 way North, West, South  of 10 teams playing each otehr 3 times. 3 champions promoted and 3 relegated from 1st division which may require a few teams to move divisions to make it work at division 2 level as happens in Englsih Non League. So here it goes.

East of Scotland Premiership 2020-21

1. bo'ness/vale of leithen

2. Penicuik Athletic

3. Hill O'Beath

4.  Tynecastle FC       

5. Musselburgh Athletic

6. Newtongrange Star

7. Sauchie Juniors

8. Dundonald Bluebell

9. Tranent Juniors

10. Leith Athletic

11. Crossgates Primrose

12. Linlithgow Rose

13. Jeanfield Swifts

14. Broxburn Athletic

15. Camelon Juniors

16. Kinnoull

Division 1

1. Whitehill Welfare

2. Blackburn United

3. Dunbar United

4.Haddington Athletic

5. Heriot Watt Uni

6. Dunipace

7..Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

8. Preston Athletic

9.. Glenrothes

10. Edinburgh United

11. Tayport

12. Fauldhouse United

13. Thornton Hibs

14. Livingston United

15. Pumpherston

16. Whitburn Juniors

Divison 2 North

1. Kennoway Star Hearts

2. Lochore Welfare

3. Newburgh

4. Kirkcaldy

5. Rosyth

6. St.Andrews United

7. Burnt Island Shipyard

8. Oakley United

9. Sauchie Juniors CFC

10. Lochgelly Albert

Division 2 West

1. Bathgate Thistle

2. Armadale Thistle

3. Harthill Royal

4. Stoneyburn

5. Linlithgow Rose Community

6. Bo'ness United Juniors

7. Syngenta    

8. West Calder United

9. Stirling Uni EOSFL           

10. Craigroyston

Division 2 SOuth

1. Dalkeith Thistle      

2. Coldstream

3. Arniston Rangers

4. Hawick Royal Albert United

5. Ormiston

6. Peebles Rovers

7. Easthouses Lily

8. Tweedmouth Rangers

9. Eyemouth United

10. Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

3 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Well that's your first mistake.

Why would utter dross like Tayport get to jump clubs in the current structure?

Same reason whitburn et al do. Yes tayport have had a bad season you are merging two structures it would be compromise or are you wanting this to.drag on and on and on

If there is an agreed merger between both sides, then this is a decent solution imo. With an agreed merger there have to be compromises on both sides. If nothing is being agreed (more likely imo), then junior sides making the switch will have to start at tier 8.

Just one detail: Scone Thistle are also in LL territory (only just and easy to miss as they are actually north of the Tay!). I'd argue to let them & Tayport stay with the Tayside teams as that will be better for them.

13 minutes ago, Marten said:

If there is an agreed merger between both sides, then this is a decent solution imo. With an agreed merger there have to be compromises on both sides. If nothing is being agreed (more likely imo), then junior sides making the switch will have to start at tier 8.

Just one detail: Scone Thistle are also in LL territory (only just and easy to miss as they are actually north of the Tay!). I'd argue to let them & Tayport stay with the Tayside teams as that will be better for them.

Well I thought tayport being higher up and used to playing at higher level maybe would where scone maybe wouldnt

30 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I did consider that buthen your potentially be splitting west Lothian. With the 3 leagues their is sides like sauchie stirling uni craigroyston who could move

Why would Craigroyston and LTHV be in different regions when they are probably the 2 closest sides out of the lot  ? 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Why would Craigroyston and LTHV be in different regions when they are probably the 2 closest sides out of the lot  ? 🤷‍♂️

Got to draw a line somewhere. Scone and luncarty are closer and on different sides of the boundary. Shire and stenny shared a ground but were in different regions in challenge cup draw. With promotions and relegation theyd move the regions as u call them aren't set. But who would u swap

49 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

So eg if tayport Livingston and pumpherston were relegated and kennoway bathgate and dal Keith went up. Craigroyston would move to the south and livi and pumpherston would be in west

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

But who would u swap

I'd leave it up to the EOSFL committee theyve done a fab job so far Alan. I'm sure they'd soon find a solution. 

How many chances do you want to give junior sides. They have been ignorant for years now  ? 

49 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For the 3 way split you're creating more problems than a 2 way split in terms of who falls where in any given season.

You'd also only have an 18 game and doesn't without 3x or 4x each and is probably too unwieldy for an interview conference set up like this year.

No it's not as I said it's a 27 game season for start. 2 way youd split west Lothian which wouldnt work. Youd have the 10 teams from the north plus 5 of the west. So 5 of west lothian would be in with south teams. I'm sure bathgate would be happy about going to eyemouth etc. That was their biggest complaint. Remember these are the smallest teams

53 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For the 3 way split you're creating more problems than a 2 way split in terms of who falls where in any given season.

You'd also only have an 18 game and doesn't without 3x or 4x each and is probably too unwieldy for an interview conference set up like this year.

So if put linlithgow boness syngenta and stirling uni youd need to add bathgate in. So they would be split from armadale and rest of west lothian. Their would be clubs on the edge who would move potentially some seasons

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

. Shire and stenny shared a ground but were in different regions in challenge cup draw. 

Maybe go away and look at how that was actually decided before throwing teams around all over the shop like you are messing with your Roy of the Rovers League Ladders.