Jump to content
Burnie_man

Pyramid 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Crossbar said:

You could be right. I just think the pyramid should widen as we go down into tier 7. A North and South league would give more teams something to play for in terms of a promotion chase and it would also avoid (just for example) Coldstream ending up in a league which involves lots of trips to Fife and West Lothian but none to the Borders or East Lothian. Or you could have Inverkeithing having lots of trips to the Borders and East Lothian but no opponents in Fife. That should not be an issue at tier 6 because it is a high level but just think tier 7 should be regional (but flexible) with parallel conferences to support the smaller clubs.  What do you think about the King Cup idea? And byes for the tier 6 clubs in the later rounds onf the Football Nation EoS Qualifying Cup? 

I believe there will be a proposal at AGM to restrict the King Cup to Conference sides only.

Edited by Burnie_man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeded conferences below the EoS Prem next season could look like this:

EoS Conference A (12 teams, tier 7)
Leith
Coldstream
Heriot-Watt
Dalkeith
Oakley
Stirling Uni EoS
Tynecastle
Peebles
Edinburgh Utd
Dunipace
Tweedmouth
Ormiston

EoS Conference B (12 teams, tier 7)
Preston
LTHV
Easthouses
St Andrews
Haddington
Arniston
Craigroyston
Burntisland
Hawick
Inverkeithing
Eyemouth
Glenrothes Juniors

Regional (but flexible) conferences below the EoS Prem next season could look like this:

EoS North Conference (12 teams, tier 7)
Oakley
LTHV
Burntisland
Tynecastle
Dunipace
Heriot-Watt
St Andrews
Stirling Uni EoS
Craigroyston
Edinburgh Utd
Inverkeithing
Glenrothes Juniors

EoS South Conference (12 teams, tier 7)
Leith
Coldstream
Easthouses
Arniston
Peebles
Hawick
Tweedmouth
Dalkeith
Haddington
Eyemouth
Preston
Ormiston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Ah I see, I suppose the EoS Premier looks a bit shit, and the Scottish Cup maybe is tin pot afterall..........dear god :lol:

I found it especially funny that the ERJFA are apparently not letting clubs back in. They obviously would be happy with some more clubs, especially in the south of the region. Yet out of spite they wouldn't allow them? Sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I believe there will be a proposal at AGM to restrict the King Cup to Conference sides only.

when's the AGM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marten said:

Tonight I went to Whitburn v Rosyth. I overheard a conversation about the "defectors". Apparently many of them are unhappy in the EOS. Dundonald and Blackburn want to move back to the ERJFA but they weren't being allowed back in. Sounded very convincing...

 

(I had to restrain myself to not loudly burst out laughing)

Hah hah. The juniors' disinformation refuses to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Crossbar said:

You could be right. I just think the pyramid should widen as we go down into tier 7. 

The pyramid isn't just the EoS (although it looks like it most of the time)

Tier 7 should have at least 3 leagues at that level, but thats across West, East and North.

People were happy to see the West Region brought in as is. That's 4 region wide leagues straight down from what would have been Tier 6-9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I believe there will be a proposal at AGM to restrict the King Cup to Conference sides only.

I think they'd be better just putting us into league cup 1st round not in qualifying as kings cup doesn't cause much fixture problems as it is at the end of the season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Marten said:

Yep, apparently you found out it is not all that great in the seniors and the juniors are much better. :D 

They are absolutely sailing down the big Egyptian river at central park...........in denial !!!!!

Roasters is a kind word to use for them,I've already had a blazing argument in the bar of the social club with them !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

Hah hah. The juniors' disinformation refuses to die.

Many of them live in a bubble, incapable of seeing the bigger picture.  Rather than understand why clubs left the East Region, they'd rather label them traitors to the grade.  It's almost cultish.

I thought a few WL clubs would have maybe woken up to the fact that the Juniors in the East are only going one way and moved for next season, but they listened too much to the pish they were getting from the SJFA and ERJFA.   They will only suffer as a result.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The pyramid isn't just the EoS (although it looks like it most of the time)

Tier 7 should have at least 3 leagues at that level, but thats across West, East and North.

People were happy to see the West Region brought in as is. That's 4 region wide leagues straight down from what would have been Tier 6-9. 

Of course. But we are where are. the LL/EoS is the most advanced area of the pyramid so far. At the moment it only goes down to tier 6 (EoS and SoS).

Next season the EoS conferences under the EoS Prom will be the first tier 7 league.  All I'm proposing is how that bit could work. Hopefully the west will join in soon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Crossbar said:

Of course. But we are where are. the LL/EoS is the most advanced area of the pyramid so far. At the moment it only goes down to tier 6 (EoS and SoS).

Next season the EoS conferences under the EoS Prom will be the first tier 7 league.  All I'm proposing is how that bit could work. Hopefully the west will join in soon

 

They'll be the first tier 7 leagues since 2014-15 when the EoS still had divisions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comparing the old East Junior Superleague with next year's likely top EoS league you are replacing Lochee, Broughty, Carnoustie, Kennoway Star and Forfar West End with Tranent, Crossgates, Musselburgh, Dunbar and Blackburn.
That's all OK with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the East Superleague should have been right from the outset. Tayside always should have been in with the North region and Whitburn didn't want in back then either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Many of them live in a bubble, incapable of seeing the bigger picture.  Rather than understand why clubs left the East Region, they'd rather label them traitors to the grade.  It's almost cultish.

I thought a few WL clubs would have maybe woken up to the fact that the Juniors in the East are only going one way and moved for next season, but they listened too much to the pish they were getting from the SJFA and ERJFA.   They will only suffer as a result.

 

I also heard yesterday that regionalisation will make it much more attractive for locals to go to games. They really live in their own bubble. The most loyal fans will come regardless, but with the horrendous league structure that's being proposed, I highly doubt many other people will feel tempted to pop along. As someone who doesn't follow a particular team I enjoy going to different places to watch football. If this regionalisation will go ahead, I don't think I'll bother much with the East juniors, especially the southern half. At best I'll go to the odd game near where I live.

 

It's like saying that Dundee United, Dundee FC and St. Johnstone should move out of the current league structure with regular games against big clubs (I know Dundee and possibly United are Championship next season, but they have played top flight before and will return sooner or later). Instead of that, they should form a Tayside league with the likes of Arbroath, Montrose, Forfar, Brechin and Jeanfield Swifts because there are more derbies. Maybe early in the very first season some of those derbies will attract a decent interest, but people will soon get bored with derbies every week...

Edited by Marten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Many of them live in a bubble, incapable of seeing the bigger picture.  Rather than understand why clubs left the East Region, they'd rather label them traitors to the grade.  It's almost cultish.

I thought a few WL clubs would have maybe woken up to the fact that the Juniors in the East are only going one way and moved for next season, but they listened too much to the pish they were getting from the SJFA and ERJFA.   They will only suffer as a result.

As your 804-page thread in the other forum asks in its OP - "So what do Junior clubs do next? what is the long-term future of Junior football?"

Surely someone at these remaining clubs is asking those types of question, and thinking about where they will be in 2, 5, 10 years time? 

Are they expecting all of the clubs to return at some point? Do they think fans are going to be happy with the lesser quality local teams they are playing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

As your 804-page thread in the other forum asks in its OP - "So what do Junior clubs do next? what is the long-term future of Junior football?"

Surely someone at these remaining clubs is asking those types of question, and thinking about where they will be in 2, 5, 10 years time? 

Are they expecting all of the clubs to return at some point? Do they think fans are going to be happy with the lesser quality local teams they are playing? 

I think next year some clubs will be happy to move EoS tier 8 in the regional leagues they're basically in.

Especially if it becomes clear early doors that the West is joining the pyramid regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dennis Smith said:

East League top brass Maclean and Greenhorn was on the radio last night for the Kings Cup draw and had them asking question about new season and all the new c lubds. Did not say a lot only said will be announce after the Berwick Rangers F.c. play offs. Said was sixteen in the Premier league and twelve and twelves in the Division one. and got thirty games in Premier and thirty four in Division one. League cup gone be knock outs and asked clubs if want to put the Kings cup for Division one. Am not sure what else but was all on talking with S.f.a. and Bonnyrigg Rose F.c. and Whitehall Welfare F.c. and and presenter was wanting no penaltys in cups but them and that ref just said no. Glenrothes F.c. out of Junior F.a. I am hearing whispers Selkirk F.c. is NOT on there way.

Did Selkirk not go down the tubes with tens of thousands of pounds of debt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dennis Smith said:

East League top brass Maclean and Greenhorn was on the radio last night for the Kings Cup draw and had them asking question about new season and all the new c lubds. Did not say a lot only said will be announce after the Berwick Rangers F.c. play offs. Said was sixteen in the Premier league and twelve and twelves in the Division one. and got thirty games in Premier and thirty four in Division one. League cup gone be knock outs and asked clubs if want to put the Kings cup for Division one. Am not sure what else but was all on talking with S.f.a. and Bonnyrigg Rose F.c. and Whitehall Welfare F.c. and and presenter was wanting no penaltys in cups but them and that ref just said no. Glenrothes F.c. out of Junior F.a. I am hearing whispers Selkirk F.c. is NOT on there way.

Would it not be 22 games in the Division one leagues?

There's been no expectation of Selkirk trying again so soon. Supposedly there's enough hassle trying to get the ground back for local access. There was talk of forming a community club to try to take control of it again. But senior football isn't a priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 would imply that every team played twice against each team in their own conference plus once against every team in the other conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...