Burnie_man

Pyramid 2019/2020

Good to see the first steps being taken to get to where it was always going to end at some point down the line ie merger or close co-operation.  Fingers crossed there’s a positive outcome from the initial meeting.

Good to see the first steps being taken to get to where it was always going to end at some point down the line ie merger or close co-operation.  Fingers crossed there’s a positive outcome from the initial meeting.

There’s still a few teams south of the Tay in the North section so wouldn’t be eligible for HL football.

The state of that South ‘super’ league ! Thank the good lord we did not stay junior.
Validation (if any was needed) that the Bo'ness and Linlithgow committees took the right decision.

Lowland league needs to do everything it can to stop Linlithgow Rose going up to have some integrity and get a team promoted by merit.:whistle

40 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
6 hours ago, Skipper said:
The state of that South ‘super’ league ! Thank the good lord we did not stay junior.

Validation (if any was needed) that the Bo'ness and Linlithgow committees took the right decision.

Was just thinking about the grief we took last year and people who’d have had us playing in that. 

Edited by falkirktv

2 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Was just thinking about the grief we took last year and people who’d have had us playing in that. 

Their is still people who think we should be playing in that

As per discussion over in the Junior forum. A multitude of ifs, buts and maybes, but 2021-21 could look like this or something similar??Screenshot_20190313-185411_Word.jpg

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

As per discussion over in the Junior forum. A multitude of ifs, buts and maybes, but 2021-21 could look like this or something similar??Screenshot_20190313-185411_Word.jpg

Except the teams north of the Tay can’t be in a pyramid league that feeds ll

Just now, falkirktv said:

Except the teams north of the Tay can’t be in a pyramid league that feeds ll

"A multitude of ifs, buts and maybes"

The EoS requested the meeting, and they know the people they are meeting include representatives of Tayside region clubs who sit on their Management Committee. 

4 down from the top league is too much a personally would have 3 down. Both league winners promoted and a play off between both 2nd place clubs for the third promotion place.  But it certainly for me is by far the best structure going forward.  

3 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

4 down from the top league is too much a personally would have 3 down. Both league winners promoted and a play off between both 2nd place clubs for the third promotion place.  But it certainly for me is by far the best structure going forward.  

Aye 4 could be too many, defo 3 minimum.     If this ever came about, both "Championships" would also be cracking leagues.

33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Looks fantastic but how do you get those 4 ERJFA teams into Tier 6 for season 2020/2021, who misses out in Tier 7 to make that happen, as I suspect nothing will happen 2019/2020, what happens to both 2nd placed Tier 7 teams as  they have reason to very disgruntled at Junior teams getting the jump on them if you add 4, even if you just added 2 ERJFA teams 2020/2021 you are again still asking 2 Tier 6 teams to step aside with 4 relegation's to accommodate teams who will have justification to be unhappy at making way for ERJFA teams. 

Its a shame this all couldn't have been sorted last year as what a set up it all could very well have been.

Looks fantastic but how do you get those 4 ERJFA teams into Tier 6 for season 2020/2021, who misses out in Tier 7 to make that happen, as I suspect nothing will happen 2019/2020, what happens to both 2nd placed Tier 7 teams as  they have reason to very disgruntled at Junior teams getting the jump on them if you add 4, even if you just added 2 ERJFA teams 2020/2021 you are again still asking 2 Tier 6 teams to step aside with 4 relegation's to accommodate teams who will have justification to be unhappy at making way for ERJFA teams. 
Its a shame this all couldn't have been sorted last year as what a set up it all could very well have been.
If there is some sort of merger then I guess play offs could work? East Junior Champs vs lowest ranked tier 7 who would have qualified under the old system, East Junior runners up vs second lowest ranked team etc... allows the Champions etc to have a better chance but still allows EoS teams the chance to make a claim on the pitch that they are more deserving of a spot rather than teams being accepted due to crowds, grounds or perceived club size etc? Would also be 4 extra exciting ties with a lot riding on them which could generate good crowds.

Eosl have already said no eosl team will be relegated to accommodate a new team/teams. 

The best the east could get would be tier 7 conferences which could be done this year, tayside I suspect a cup comp would be the bridge there to help them keep it interesting but honestly I don’t think there will be much appetite for tayside teams in the east league and none of the parties have the authority to change it because it could affect spfl member clubs in league 2

Eosl have already said no eosl team will be relegated to accommodate a new team/teams. 
The best the east could get would be tier 7 conferences which could be done this year, tayside I suspect a cup comp would be the bridge there to help them keep it interesting but honestly I don’t think there will be much appetite for tayside teams in the east league and none of the parties have the authority to change it because it could affect spfl member clubs in league 2
I'm not a big fan of Tayside clubs being involved but everyone needs to go into the meeting with open minds to see where there is common ground. Who knows if there have been noises from the Professional Game Board that moving the line is not an issue.

To me they should head north, there are already, potentially, too many clubs going to feed into the LL without adding Tayside, but for the greater good of moving this on then maybe it needs considered, at least short term until a solution to the whole northern pyramid is found.

36 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm not a big fan of Tayside clubs being involved but everyone needs to go into the meeting with open minds to see where there is common ground. Who knows if there have been noises from the Professional Game Board that moving the line is not an issue.

To me they should head north, there are already, potentially, too many clubs going to feed into the LL without adding Tayside, but for the greater good of moving this on then maybe it needs considered, at least short term until a solution to the whole northern pyramid is found.

To solve the Tayside conundrum, it helps to take a step back and look at the actual geography of the country.  Instead of a LL2 or LLW & LLE,  a Central League could be formed with feeders from the 6 defined SFA regions.  A 3-5 year 'derogation' period would allow new clubs to achieve Licence criteria, or places are initially on application, similar to how the LL was founded.

See the map attached with tier 4 split into 3 distinct regions and made up of teams from the Juniors and EoS plus clubs from SPFL2.:

- Highland League

- Central League

- Lowland League 

Pyramid 3 REGIONS 2.jpg

Pyramid 5 TIERS .jpg

Edited by Che Dail

Lowland league needs to do everything it can to stop Linlithgow Rose going up to have some integrity and get a team promoted by merit.:whistle
Personally I would want to do it on playing merit alone.

But our current situation off the pitch has been achieved by years of hard work and graft (No sugar daddy required or council handouts).

So having the foresight to obtain a licence whilst others dithered may be rewarded - hardly our fault.

To solve the Tayside conundrum, it helps to take a step back and look at the actual geography of the country.  Instead of a LL2 or LLW & LLE,  a Central League could be formed with feeders from the 6 defined SFA regions.  A 3-5 year 'derogation' period would allow new clubs to achieve Licence criteria, or places are initially on application, similar to how the LL was founded.
See the map attached with tier 4 split into 3 distinct regions and made up of teams from the Juniors and EoS plus clubs from SPFL2.:
- Highland League
- Central League
- Lowland League 
5c8971f366419_Pyramid3REGIONS2.thumb.jpg.20fec8b84456a9c32a386d8cdc9e6de5.jpg
5c89743f24fc6_Pyramid5TIERS.thumb.jpg.f0be2cd6b2964d8a223b92b0c5354fe9.jpg

If we go for 3 feeders to the national leagues then it has to be north, east and west, the road network is far more set up for that.

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

If we go for 3 feeders to the national leagues then it has to be north, east and west, the road network is far more set up for that.

Road networks East to West are excellent, there's no need for a boundary between these areas. 

It's the outlying clubs such as Berwick and Gala and those from Dumfries & Galloway and South Ayrshire which are more difficult to get to.  Max trip is 2.5hrs - but nothing like trips to Elgin or Peterhead, i.e 4hrs + travel time. Not good for players, staff or supporters.

For this grade of football it is a complete waste of time and money that could be spent on club and player development.

For the Central league the max travel time is 1hr 20: Carnoustie to Stirling. You have big towns represented by clubs playing at a good level: Dundee, Dunfermline, Glenrothes, Perth, St Andrews and Stirling.

It also solves the River Tay boundary - and you get really good local leagues below each of the 3 regional leagues.

Makes sense?

Edited by Che Dail