• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Burnie_man

Pyramid 2019/2020

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

I was refering to this post over in the junior version of this thread

If thats the plan then ERJFA have seemingly accepted tier 6 is off the cards or they want out

Ah OK.   They know they're not tier 6 next season and never were.  This is probably more to do with stopping more clubs leaving who are a fed up with the travelling involved in the Superleague between Tayside and WL.  As I said, Tayside clubs need the WL clubs more than the other way round.

It's shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic kinda stuff.

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That should also be the deadline for PWG discussions.  No agreement by then, then no change for 2019/20.

I actually think it will be the catalyst for next year one way or the other. If no clubs sign up for the EoS from the East Region, then the Super Leagues at Tier 6 SJFA plan will try and get railroaded through with only a Lowland League 2 to stop it from happening.

If x amount of East Region clubs sign up for the EoS, then the SJFA plan is truly done. Those North of the Tay have to accept staying Junior or becoming a Senior league feeding the Highland League. The West Region facing the same basic choice.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I actually think it will be the catalyst for next year one way or the other. If no clubs sign up for the EoS from the East Region, then the Super Leagues at Tier 6 SJFA plan will try and get railroaded through with only a Lowland League 2 to stop it from happening.

If x amount of East Region clubs sign up for the EoS, then the SJFA plan is truly done. Those North of the Tay have to accept staying Junior or becoming a Senior league feeding the Highland League. The West Region facing the same basic choice.

You can't reailroad anything through though. No agreement = no change. If they try that they are wasting everyone's time.

Given that it's looking doubtful that there will be Juniors in the Pyramid next season, will we see another influx of clubs from the ERJFA I wonder.

Why don't the West teams join the senior league?

21 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Given that it's looking doubtful that there will be Juniors in the Pyramid next season, will we see another influx of clubs from the ERJFA I wonder.

If the juniors don't enter, I think the LL should push on with LL2. Invite clubs from the juniors, EOS & SOS with up to 8 places available to west clubs (including clubs in the SOS) & the remainder for east clubs (16 total). Should there be 10 or more west applicants, they can split it in a 16 team LL East & a LL West with 10-16 teams.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

If the juniors don't enter, I think the LL should push on with LL2. Invite clubs from the juniors, EOS & SOS with up to 8 places available to west clubs (including clubs in the SOS) & the remainder for east clubs (16 total). Should there be 10 or more west applicants, they can split it in a 16 team LL East & a LL West with 10-16 teams.

If it's true there's not going to be any Junior leagues in the Pyramid next season, this is an open goal for the Lowland League.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

If it's true there's not going to be any Junior leagues in the Pyramid next season, this is an open goal for the Lowland League.

Please remember that clubs in the LL must be licensed.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Please remember that clubs in the LL must be licensed.

We have no idea if that would apply to a future LL2 (which is what I'm alluding to) and if it did, whether there would be a period allowed to obtain a licence.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We have no idea if that would apply to a future LL2 (which is what I'm alluding to) and if it did, whether there would be a period allowed to obtain a licence.

I think if they do it this year it'll be a single division with licensing as one of the preferred criteria.

With 12 current lowland area licensees plus the x amount about to be licensed you can cherry pick the best 16 from two dozen or more.

Open it up to lowland west & East you'd get too many applications of too much variety and choosing just 32 would be a nightmare.

23 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think if they do it this year it'll be a single division with licensing as one of the preferred criteria.

With 12 current lowland area licensees plus the x amount about to be licensed you can cherry pick the best 16 from two dozen or more.

Open it up to lowland west & East you'd get too many applications of too much variety and choosing just 32 would be a nightmare.

I would make a LL of 16 teams with 8 east / 8 west (if 8 or more apply), with the option if there are enough western applicants to split in LL East / LL West. The 8 eastern clubs can just be the best 8 in the EOS that don't get promoted/elected to the LL (including possible eastern team(s) relegated from LL), as it's very unlikely that any team will be in there that's not going for licensing already. In the west, some SOS teams can join (who would want to, Threave I guess, any others?), with preference for licensed teams. West juniors should be able to join under the condition that they work on licensing.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I would make a LL of 16 teams with 8 east / 8 west (if 8 or more apply), with the option if there are enough western applicants to split in LL East / LL West. The 8 eastern clubs can just be the best 8 in the EOS that don't get promoted/elected to the LL (including possible eastern team(s) relegated from LL), as it's very unlikely that any team will be in there that's not going for licensing already. In the west, some SOS teams can join (who would want to, Threave I guess, any others?), with preference for licensed teams. West juniors should be able to join under the condition that they work on licensing.

I don't think they'd base it on a particular geographic split for a single division. Of the 12 current licensees South of Tay outside the Lowland League i'd say maybe 5 would apply: Linlthgow Rose if not already promoted, LTHV, and the former Lowland League clubs Hawick Royal Albert, Preston Athletic and Threave Rovers.

Then you've got 15 or so meant to be going through the SFA License Process. One of Linlithgow and that 15 will probably all ready be promoted. So of that 19 there's some that wouldn't make the cut. They also wouldn't all be licensed, so  the likes of Clydebank and Kilwinning (who'd have licensing compliant grounds for 2019/20) could easily win votes to balance the geography.

From what I hear it's highly unlikely there will be a LL2 for next season, 2020-21 a more realistic target if they want one.

From what I hear it's highly unlikely there will be a LL2 for next season, 2020-21 a more realistic target if they want one.
Id guess its to due waiting on the outcome of current PWG negotiations with the juniors plus seeing if SPFL3 goes anywhere.

With no LL2 it does open the door for a new/independant WOSL if negotiations with the juniors crash & burn.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Id guess its to due waiting on the outcome of current PWG negotiations with the juniors plus seeing if SPFL3 goes anywhere.

With no LL2 it does open the door for a new/independant WOSL if negotiations with the juniors crash & burn.

The impression I get is nobody knows what direction the PWG discussions are heading in or what happens next, it's all still up in the air.

This is February, they cant let the uncertainty go on much longer and IMO someone has to draw the line and say that there will be no changes for next season.  At least then everyone knows where they stand.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

This is perhaps for the better as the EoSL would take quite a hit if the league lost part of its recent tranche of Junior clubs.

On the other hand I can't help feeling a little disappointed that a primary gateway for progressive East and West clubs will not be opened for 2019/20.

However, it does enable proper planning for the launch of LL2 for 2020/21 season.

An independent WoSL has lost much of its lustre and I suppose that the SJFA can feel a little smug that the initiative appears to have been smothered by the ongoing Pyramid negotiations when at the start of the season it was a near certainty to be launched in one form or another.

Edited by Pyramidic

The PWG meet again next Wednesday I believe, hopefully there will be some sort of decision taken whether there will be any changes for next season or not.  A line has to be drawn somewhere.

On 10/02/2019 at 21:12, G4Mac said:

Cynically pyramidic, I believe this is what those running the sjfa truly wanted, an unknown and another year to keep what they have. Now it may be my cynical mind, but every step they have taken in the last 10 years, from 150k toilet blocks way back to telling everyone that the sjfa is in at tier 6 recently, add in every little twist along the way, this all reeks of self preservation. 

Which for me is very sad, as the junior clubs would most definitely bring another level of excitement to the pyramid and if Kelty and now Bonnyrigg are anything to go by, those similar clubs (we all know who they are east and west) would have most LL and potentially spfl2 clubs looking worriedly over their shoulder at what is chasing them down..... Which for me can only be a good thing for Scottish football.... More competitiveness = standards driven up the way (in theory anyway). 

Self preservation is the name of the game in Scottish football and isn’t exclusive to the SJFA!

6 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Self preservation is the name of the game in Scottish football and isn’t exclusive to the SJFA!

With the positive exception being last season's EOS!