Pyramid 2019/2020

8 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It will have no bearing on any EoSL match so what’s the problem?

Nobody in the Juniors is shouting and demanding that Bonnyton be made to play in the West Juniors.

Introduction of the Juniors means an additional round of playoffs for the Lowland League, which has an impact on scheduling.

There are these applying Bo'ness and Linlithgow amateurs looking to move to the Juniors. In the Bo'ness case planning to use the same stadium as Bo'ness United which has an impact on scheduling.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Can we just remind ourselves of KB's  contributions on the subject 10 short months ago when it was apparent Clydebank were joining the EoS, he understood it all then, he pretends not to understand it now.  Maybe it's because the piper is now playing a different tune.

Of course it’s changed!

Nobody except you is saying differently.

The Juniors have voted to join the pyramid and the process to integrate them into it are moving along.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Introduction of the Juniors means an additional round of playoffs for the Lowland League, which has an impact on scheduling.

There are these applying Bo'ness and Linlithgow amateurs looking to move to the Juniors. In the Bo'ness case planning to use the same stadium as Bo'ness United which has an impact on scheduling.

If Bo’ness want to make extra cash from leasing the ground then so what?

The scheduling will be easy as both leagues will be working together in the pyramid.

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

4 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Of course it’s changed!

The Juniors have voted to join the pyramid and the process to integrate them into it are moving along.

You're a fraud trying to noise people up. Give it a rest.

Of course it’s changed!
even if those steps are being taken it needs to get past the PWG. If the SJFA are insisting on any proposal including the ERJFA it'll be knocked back.

32 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Nobody in the Juniors is shouting and demanding that Bonnyton be made to play in the West Juniors.

Allowing a different league in the same area has now bearing on the EoSL? As pointed out, it will have an impact on scheduling to start with. Second, there is no point of a pyramid if you still accept different leagues covering the exactly same area. For months now I have asked people like yourself for a valid reason why there should be 2 different leagues in the same area & why they can't just join the same league. I have yet to hear one. And don't tell me that "juniors have a different identity than seniors" pish, because you know just as well as I do that that's not the case.

Edited by Marten

29 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Your "new" club wants to move East, why are you so aggressive towards clubs and supporters that have left behind the Juniors, as the previous Clydebank did, and moved senior?

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You're a fraud trying to noise people up. Give it a rest.

“Easthouses Lily and Craigroyston are the perfect illustration that what we have now is a good set-up which attracts new members clubs, they probably won’t be the last to move over from the East of Scotland League, and with Harthill coming back next season as well, we have a strong set-up which works.”

I wonder which poster on here said that when Blackburn were in the ERJFA.The guy must be a fraud......

4 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

“Easthouses Lily and Craigroyston are the perfect illustration that what we have now is a good set-up which attracts new members clubs, they probably won’t be the last to move over from the East of Scotland League, and with Harthill coming back next season as well, we have a strong set-up which works.”

I wonder which poster on here said that when Blackburn were in the ERJFA.The guy must be a fraud......

Yip, that was several years ago when the EoSFL were about to fold and where I was wanting the ERJFA to fill that void in the Pyramid. Although that's been addressed several times before. Did your puppet master send you that given you weren't a member of this forum at the time?

You're here solely to noise people up now that you think the Bankies are in the Pyramid without moving to EoS. I'm actually beginning to wonder whether you're actually a Clydebank fan at all.  there's no other explanation for your 180 degree about turn.

21 minutes ago, Marten said:

Allowing a different league in the same area has now bearing on the EoSL? As pointed out, it will have an impact on scheduling to start with. Second, there is no point of a pyramid if you still accept different leagues covering the exactly same area. For months now I have asked people like yourself for a valid reason why there should be 2 different leagues in the same area & why they can't just join the same league. I have yet to hear one. And don't tell me that "juniors have a different identity than seniors" pish, because you know just as well as I do that that's not the case.

He's not going to answer that, he understands it all perfectly well but is now dancing to a different tune.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Yip, that was several years ago when the EoSFL were about to fold and where I was wanting the ERJFA to fill that void in the Pyramid. Although that's been addressed several times before. Did your puppet master send you that given you weren't a member of this forum at the time?

You're here solely to noise people up now that you think the Bankies are in the Pyramid without moving to EoS. I'm actually beginning to wonder whether you're actually a Clydebank fan at all.  there's no other explanation for your 180 degree about turn.

The EoSL were in the pyramid back then though? So now you don’t want the ERJFA in?

58 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

They’re in full self preservation mode now that the ERJFA want into the pyramid!

Self preservation - you think that the EOS is in danger going back to a dozen teams if the ERJFA join the pyramid?

19 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Well no, because Bonnyton are in the pyramid and the West Juniors are not.

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Self preservation - you think that the EOS is in danger going back to a dozen teams if the ERJFA join the pyramid?

Well no, because Bonnyton are in the pyramid and the West Juniors are not.

Yes I do.I would think some clubs might reconsider 

The West should be insisting their entry into the pyramid should mean that Bonnyton are forced to join if they were to adopt the same toys out of the pram approach as the  EoSL.

The West should be insisting their entry into the pyramid should mean that Bonnyton are forced to join if they were to adopt the same toys out of the pram approach as the  EoSL.

So Bonnyton should be punted to tier 9, ok then. Guess you'll be wanting Kello in the SOSL then?

As for thinking the EOSL would be under threat, minter. Indications are an increase in membership for next season (as per Preston managers recent radio interview).

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It's not the same though. The EoS are already in the pyramid and the SJFA are trying to negotiate their way in so that they don't lose another set of clubs.

As everyone seems to suggest it's about self-preservation, if the SJFA don't get in they won't be missed.

3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The PWG meet again next Wednesday I believe, hopefully there will be some sort of decision taken whether there will be any changes for next season or not.  A line has to be drawn somewhere.

Ideally "yes" to a decision asap, but in my view the obvious outcome (for 2020/21, as it is too late for next season) is to merge the NRJFA with the ERJFA for clubs north of the Tay. It can then enter the HFL part of the pyramid, with this merged 'north east midlands' league being at Tier 6. This leaves the WRJFA unencumbered by the situation in the North & East, thereby facilitating it joining the pyramid for 2019/20.  

I hope that this option is one which the  PWG will consider, as being in the best interest of Scottish non-league football.

The EoSL were in the pyramid back then though? So now you don’t want the ERJFA in?
Answer this point specifically.

You understood 10 months ago that the ERJFA and EoS could not operate at the same level in the Pyramid, you even opinioned that the WRJFA would have to slot in underneath if a WoS was formed. The SJFA had their chance and had blown it.

So you understood the dynamics of it and agreed that it couldn't happen. What's changed?

On 30/01/2019 at 21:07, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't think they'd base it on a particular geographic split for a single division. Of the 12 current licensees South of Tay outside the Lowland League i'd say maybe 5 would apply: Linlthgow Rose if not already promoted, LTHV, and the former Lowland League clubs Hawick Royal Albert, Preston Athletic and Threave Rovers.

Then you've got 15 or so meant to be going through the SFA License Process. One of Linlithgow and that 15 will probably all ready be promoted. So of that 19 there's some that wouldn't make the cut. They also wouldn't all be licensed, so  the likes of Clydebank and Kilwinning (who'd have licensing compliant grounds for 2019/20) could easily win votes to balance the geography.

Are we anticipating an announcement this week, about the outcome of the current club licensing applications ?

If not, when ?

Ideally "yes" to a decision asap, but in my view the obvious outcome (for 2020/21, as it is too late for next season) is to merge the NRJFA with the ERJFA for clubs north of the Tay. It can then enter the HFL part of the pyramid, with this merged 'north east midlands' league being at Tier 6. This leaves the WRJFA unencumbered by the situation in the North & East, thereby facilitating it joining the pyramid for 2019/20.  
I hope that this option is one which the  PWG will consider, as being in the best interest of Scottish non-league football.

I'd wager that's not going to happen anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Are we anticipating an announcement this week, about the outcome of the current club licensing applications ?

If not, when ?

It has been mentioned in here already. The Licensing Committee met on Tuesday. All the applications that met the okay of the committee were passed on to the SFA Board for rubber stamping, and more importantly for a decision on any derogation for those without floodlights. The SFA Board were meant to meet today, but that was cancelled on Monday due to a funeral.

When the SFA will meet again doesn't appear to have been decided at the moment. Seeing as how in the loop the applicants were about the process I imagine they will find out soon and it will filter through to the forum.