Pyramid 2019/2020

6 hours ago, Cameron Wilson said:

It is desirable to require all teams in tier  5 to be licensed, but is that actually really necessary?

Yes. Clubs like Clyde, Cowdenbeath, Berwick Rangers and Queen's Park aren't going to accept the possibility of relegation into a league in which they could be sent to a ground without a single seat or any provision for disabled supporters. They accepted the introduction of the relegation play-off on the basis that they would fall into a league with adequate facilities. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Yes. Clubs like Clyde, Cowdenbeath, Berwick Rangers and Queen's Park aren't going to accept the possibility of relegation into a league in which they could be sent to a ground without a single seat or any provision for disabled supporters. They accepted the introduction of the relegation play-off on the basis that they would fall into a league with adequate facilities. 

Good point and well made.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Do any of those teams actually own the stadiums they play in?

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Is seating a necessity in the LL  ? 

I thought it was just a covered enclosure to fit a certain amount of fans in  for licensing purposes at tier 5  ? 

Otherwise Vale of Leithen have been getting away wi it for years :o 

19 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Is seating a necessity in the LL  ? 

I thought it was just a covered enclosure to fit a certain amount of fans in  for licensing purposes at tier 5  ? 

Otherwise Vale of Leithen have been getting away wi it for years :o 

Just having a license is good enough, so seating isn't a requirement. Although its something that you could see introduce in a few years during a licensing review, just like floodlights being added this year.

Over on the 'Junior football, what is the future?' thread, Burnie-man has floated the following suggestions(s) for an EoSFL set-up should the ERSJFA join them in it's entirety in the form of a merger or whether just those ERSJFA clubs eligible to play in the Lowland area were to join as new applicants. Both suggestions seem like a very good fit to me and have the potential to solve the current impasse/confusion being generated by the intransigence of the SJFA and their ill-conceived insistence that the ERSJFA be a standalone part of the Pyramid in the east.

Now, is there anyone in officialdom able to take ownership of this or similar, have their peers coalesce around the concept and go out and make it happen? It really needs to.

17 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Not sure if this will work or not (not too techy), but I've pulled together an idea of how a future EoS could look with Tayside clubs involved, and without.  I've added in names but don't get too hung up on where they have been placed, for illustrative purposes only as they say!

Without Tayside, you'd have a strong 16 team Premier and Championship, with two regional leagues split Lothians, Storlingshire and Fife, then Edinburgh and Borders. 

With Tayside, Still a 16 team Premier, but two strong regional Championships with Fife joining in with Tayside, and further divisions below that.

Probably other ways of doing it as well, but something to chew over.

NON TAYSIDE.docx

TAYSIDE.docx

Edited by Black & Red Socks

Over on the 'Junior football, what is the future?' thread, Burnie-man has floated the following suggestions(s) for an EoSFL set-up should the ERSJFA join them in it's entirety in the form of a merger or whether just those ERSJFA clubs eligible to play in the Lowland area were to join as new applicants. Both suggestions seem like a very good fit to me and have the potential to solve the current impasse/confusion being generated by the intransigence of the SJFA and their ill-conceived insistence that the ERSJFA be a standalone part of the Pyramid in the east.
Now, is there anyone in officialdom able to take ownership of this or similar, have their peers coalesce around the concept and go out and make it happen? It really needs to.
I see what he's trying to do, but if the suggestion is to start with that set up from next session, effectively bringing teams from the ERJFA in and placing them above teams currently in the EoS league and relegating current EoS teams 2 levels instead of the 1 they are all expecting, then it's a complete non starter.

If all we are talking about is a structure, where all teams below the premier play in conferences for another season next year to sort out who goes where, then it could work.

39 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

If all we are talking about is a structure, where all teams below the premier play in conferences for another season next year to sort out who goes where, then it could work.

Yes, I can see the merit in this too. Much as it would be great to go straight to the suggested format, Conferences next season - much like this season - to achieve placings in a 16 team Premier (which will already be established for next season thanks to the conference format this season) and 16 team Championship structure with regional leagues below for season 2020/21 is a fair suggestion. As I said, someone in either the SFA, EoSFL or ERSJFA hierarchy needs to take ownership of such a worthwhile proposition and go out and try to make it happen.

Edited by Black & Red Socks

I see what he's trying to do, but if the suggestion is to start with that set up from next session, effectively bringing teams from the ERJFA in and placing them above teams currently in the EoS league and relegating current EoS teams 2 levels instead of the 1 they are all expecting, then it's a complete non starter.

Burnie did say in a later post placement of clubs were merely placeholder for demonstrative purposes and not suggesting some clubs should be higher up desite not being in the EOS.

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

It's not what I am suggesting, it's what I think the leagues could look like 2020-2021 and going forward. 

How we actually get there has umpteen possibilities, inc the ERJFA remaining separate for next season and then integration based on next seasons finishing positions.  Conferences is another way to do it if it happened in time for next season.

No current EoS club should find itself lower down the pecking order next season due to new clubs joining.

14 hours ago, GordonS said:

Basically nonsense.

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

You could try keeping up with the thread, bro.

Sorry, you asked about ownership,  and now we're onto facilities , so I genuinely don't get what your "basically nonsense" post is about. Bro.

14 hours ago, GordonS said:

Corner doesn’t see any problem with this post.