Pyramid 2019/2020

6 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SFA want the Juniors in at tier 6 and have sent out an e mail to that effect.

Im sure you don’t need to be a high level politician to work out that there needs to be a bit of give and take,It’s not a one way street.

What the SFA want is largely immaterial in this situation, there has to be agreement at the end of the day for anything to happen.

As for give and take, it seems the SJFA want to take everything and give absolutely nothing in return, there appears to be no consideration on their part for the existing league in the east (which you're due to join). It's time the PWG told the SJFA to do one and deal directly with the Junior leagues involved, not an Association.

Could see SFA being displeased if LL2 was only open to top finishers in EOS.

However assuming LL2 were open to application and specifically reserved a number of places (6? 8?) for West of Scotland teams to apply (subject to a commitment to progressing licensing over the next 12-24 months) I can't see why the SFA would object to that? 

LL2 would be getting the top juniors (East and West) in at Tier 6 as promised  to the SFA. 

Can't see any reason why the LL wouldn't want to progress it this year to be honest. They'll want to have an expanded licensed structure in time and its surely much easier to deliver LL2 now than it will be in 12 months time. 

Edited by ShrimpLok

2 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The LL2 idea isn’t a bad idea.It actually makes a lot of sense given the lack of West representation in the LL.

I just find it hard to believe that the SFA will be held to ransom by the EoSL and then agree to everything that the LL and EoSL want.

The SJFA preference would see one club a year promoted from tier 6 to tier 5. Licencing also wouldn't be a requirement at tier 6 leading to unlicensed champions and blocking access to tier 5.

LL2 would probably have licencing as a requirement and see at least 2 teams automatically promoted. You can also tack on the West Premiership, East Super League, SoS & EoS Premier at tier 7 without having the same fight in the East that is happening now.

22 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The LL2 idea isn’t a bad idea.It actually makes a lot of sense given the lack of West representation in the LL.

I just find it hard to believe that the SFA will be held to ransom by the EoSL and then agree to everything that the LL and EoSL want.

Nobody is being held to ransom as there is no plan on the table yet to hold anyone to ransom over.

My own opinion is that all the EoS are looking for is a sensible solution in the east that doesn't involve two parallel leagues covering the same area for the foreseeable future. There has to be a bit of respect shown towards the EoS in its position as the senior league covering tier 6 in the east.

Are Pumpherston going to accept promotion this time round, or look to be one of those clubs moving to EoS?

I’m unsure, I’ve not taken in a match there for a while now. Will need to ask, just curious to see what the future holds, for all teams at the semi professional grade.

1 hour ago, ShrimpLok said:

Could see SFA being displeased if LL2 was only open to top finishers in EOS.

However assuming LL2 were open to application and specifically reserved a number of places (6? 8?) for West of Scotland teams to apply (subject to a commitment to progressing licensing over the next 12-24 months) I can't see why the SFA would object to that? 

LL2 would be getting the top juniors (East and West) in at Tier 6 as promised  to the SFA. 

Can't see any reason why the LL wouldn't want to progress it this year to be honest. They'll want to have an expanded licensed structure in time and its surely much easier to deliver LL2 now than it will be in 12 months time. 

Would the Tayside clubs still be exempt from this and  expected to head to the HL?

41 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Nobody is being held to ransom as there is no plan on the table yet to hold anyone to ransom over.

My own opinion is that all the EoS are looking for is a sensible solution in the east that doesn't involve two parallel leagues covering the same area for the foreseeable future. There has to be a bit of respect shown towards the EoS in its position as the senior league covering tier 6 in the east.

You’ve seen the e mail from Maxwell saying that the West and East Juniors are entering at tier 6.So I presume that’s what the SFA plan is!

You’ve seen the e mail from Maxwell saying that the West and East Juniors are entering at tier 6.So I presume that’s what the SFA plan is!

That was October, and still there is nothing on the table for the PWG to discuss.

My own take on it is that Maxwell was getting well ahead of himself to get TJ off his back, thinking it was a straightforward fix, and has since discovered that it's not.

Do you agree that two parrallel leagues in the east makes no sense and may not be something the EoS would agree to?

14 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The Lowland League has representation on both the Professional Game Board where Maxwell's email originated and the Pyramid Working Group.

The Lowland League is also made up entirely of SFA members.

They're better placed than anyone to know what the SFA want, and they're working on Lowland League 2.

5 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It’s bonkers but its a start!

I don’t know what the relationship is like between the EoSL and the ERJFA but I’m sure in time things could be sorted out if there was a will from both sides.

Problem of course is that the ERJFA are not at the PWG table, the SJFA is. 

You mentioned give and take earlier, the SJFA have decided they want into the Pyramid intact so there is no give on the Junior side as far as the east is concerned, just take.

31 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Problem of course is that the ERJFA are not at the PWG table, the SJFA is. 

You mentioned give and take earlier, the SJFA have decided they want into the Pyramid intact so there is no give on the Junior side as far as the east is concerned, just take.

Given that the SJFA wanted no part of the pyramid before,there’s been a massive bit of give to agree to join the pyramid.

Agreeing to change registrations,discipline etc are signs of give by the Juniors.

5 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Given that the SJFA wanted no part of the pyramid before,there’s been a massive bit of give to agree to join the pyramid.

Agreeing to change registrations,discipline etc are signs of give by the Juniors.

No that's of sign of you need to do it or you are not getting in

7 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

I don't think there was any files very.  They are only engaging now after losing so many teams in the East and being fearful of a WoS League being setup without them. 

11 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Did the SJFA "give"?  I think not!  They have been forced into a corner by the migration of ERJFA clubs to the EOSL at the end of last season and by the "Pyramid support" vote. And sadly they still appear to be wriggling rather than fully embracing change.

Edited by Pyramidic

8 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

erm.......bad mouthing the Pyramid and the Lowland League since 2013, and then panicking when clubs begin to leave is not any sort of "give", it's rapping on the door and saying "I know we slagged you rotten, but we've changed our mind, as long as you give us everything we want and hurry up about it!"   Agreeing changes to disciplinary aren't a give either, they either do it or no entry.

I'll tell you what "give" is, it's not demanding that the Juniors stay intact in their current format, it's negotiating entry whilst acknowledging that there is a particular issue in the east which will require a different solution to the west and north.

Ive got to disagree with my Bankie friend on here, that the SJFA has engaged in anything other than a reactionary attempt at self preservation is nonsense. The ERSJFA should bolt on to the bottom of the EOSL. I think LL2 has an outside chance, but I think it’s likely the powers that be will force the sjfa move through.

4 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

The SFA want the Juniors in at tier 6 and have sent out an e mail to that effect.

Im sure you don’t need to be a high level politician to work out that there needs to be a bit of give and take,It’s not a one way street.

I agree it's give and take for the SJFA.

Give: agree that the EOS is the only route into the LL for clubs in the east, south of the Tay. Remaining ERJFA can join the EOS, or even bolt on below the EOS.

Take: juniors everywhere else (including Tayside) get in from tier 6.

Simple and reasonable.