Pyramid 2019/2020

6 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I’m sure this is covered else where so apologies for repeating a question... but how does promotion work?

Do three top places teams play off in league style format with 2 getting promoted?

If only 

21 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I’m sure this is covered else where so apologies for repeating a question... but how does promotion work?

14 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

If only 

They don't know themselves till the licensing farce which is way past it's original date is sorted out  ? 

Edit: Officially winners of the 3 conferences play off in a round robin tournament to see who wins promotion. 

Edited by newcastle broon

46 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Do three top places teams play off in league style format with 2 getting promoted?

There's a round robin between the Conference winners. The overall winner is the EoS Champion. Right now the only known Conference champion is Bonnyrigg Rose. Conference A is likely to be Penicuik Athletic but Hill of Beath Hawthorn could still win. Conference C is likely to be Broxburn Athletic but Linlithgow Rose could still win. The Conference winners will all be known by Saturday April 20th.

Saturday 27th April
Penicuik Athletic (or Hill of Beath Hawthorn) v. Broxburn Athletic (or Linlithgow Rose)

Tuesday 30th April or Wednesday 1st May
Bonnyrigg Rose v. Penicuik Athletic (or Hill of Beath Hawthorn)

Saturday 3rd May
Broxburn Athletic (or Linlithgow Rose) v. Bonnyrigg Rose

If the overall EoS Champion is licensed at the SFA Board meeting on Thursday April 18th they will be automatically promoted to the Lowland League. Of the 5 potential champions Linlithgow Rose already have a license and the rest may be heard on Thursday. Bonnyrigg are the only ones without floodlights but have a plan in place for them so may get a derogation. So following Thursday it'll be known if the EoS Champion is likely to be promoted.

You've then got the issue of Selkirk folding creating a vacancy in the Lowland League. Applications have been open for any licensed club and this could see a 2nd EoS club promoted to the Lowland League, but depends on a variety of factores outwith the control of the EoS.

EDIT:

Bonnyrigg look like they will have their application heard on Thursday but are reliant on receiving a derogation for not having floodlights in place

Broxburn are waiting to hear on Thursday

Couldn't find anything for Penicuik but I'm pretty sure they were one of the clubs audited around December. So should hopefully be heard on Thursday as well.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

22 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's a round robin between the Conference winners. The overall winner is the EoS Champion. Right now the only known Conference champion is Bonnyrigg Rose. Conference A is likely to be Penicuik Athletic but Hill of Beath Hawthorn could still win. Conference C is likely to be Broxburn Athletic but Linlithgow Rose could still win. The Conference winners will all be known by Saturday April 20th.

Saturday 27th April
Penicuik Athletic (or Hill of Beath Hawthorn) v. Broxburn Athletic (or Linlithgow Rose)

Saturday 3rd May

If the overall EoS Champion is licensed at the SFA Board meeting on Thursday April 18th they will be automatically promoted to the Lowland League. Of the 5 potential champions Linlithgow Rose already have a license and the rest may be heard on Thursday. Bonnyrigg are the only ones without floodlights but have a plan in place for them so may get a derogation. So following Thursday it'll be known if the EoS Champion is likely to be promoted.

You've then got the issue of Selkirk folding creating a vacancy in the Lowland League. Applications have been open for any licensed club and this could see a 2nd EoS club promoted to the Lowland League, but depends on a variety of factores outwith the control of the EoS.

EDIT:

Bonnyrigg look like they will have their application heard on Thursday but are reliant on receiving a derogation for not having floodlights in place

Broxburn are waiting to hear on Thursday

Couldn't find anything for Penicuik but I'm pretty sure they were one of the clubs audited around December. So should hopefully be heard on Thursday as well.

Penicuik have certainly been audited so hopefully will be heard on Thursday

Thanks all.

Hope some common sense prevails (difficult I know with the SFA) and the teams get up with sufficient plans in place to meet the criteria.

Moving forward from next year onwards... will it just be a straight one up one down? Or has that not been decided yet?

24 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Saturday 27th April

Saturday 3rd May

You could also pick any teams from SOSFL,current LL, West Juniors,a University side or even Preston Athletic (one of the 1st clubs licensed applying).

Licensing should've been sorted long before the 18th April meeting  ?

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

You could also pick any teams from SOSFL,current LL, West Juniors,a University side or even Preston Athletic (one of the 1st clubs licensed applying).

Licensing should've been sorted long before the 18th April meeting  ?

I didn't pick any club, I left it explicitly open ended to any licensed club.

February 15th or something like that was when the last SFA board was meant to be heard. All of the clubs have basically gotten their license a few days before that when the Licensing Committee met. They forwarded on the applications for cofirmation by the Board. There's a mix of clubs with and without floodlights so some may fail to get a derogation.

For the likes of Penicuik and Broxburn who have floodlights they've basically known they've had a license since that February Licensing Committee meeting otherwise they never would have been forwarded to the SFA Board.

Bonnyrigg are at the stage of applying for planning permission and are ready to get the floodlights up and running, they will be in place by the start of next season I expect. I’d be astonished if they don’t get a years derogation. All the other play-off contenders have lights.  We’ll find out for sure on Thursday.

PWG meeting today, it will be interesting to see the SFA’s reaction to the unanimous rejection of their plan by the LL and EoS.  You’d expect them to identify and agree the exact issues which has led to this rejection (they should be aware of this anyway, it’s no secret) and then go away and find solutions.  I think today could determine whether there are Junior leagues in the Pyramid next season or not.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Bonnyrigg are at the stage of applying for planning permission and are ready to get the floodlights up and running, they will be in place by the start of next season I expect. I’d be astonished if they don’t get a years derogation. All the other play-off contenders have lights.  We’ll find out for sure on Thursday.

PWG meeting today, it will be interesting to see the SFA’s reaction to the unanimous rejection of their plan by the LL and EoS.  You’d expect them to identify and agree the exact issues which has led to this rejection (they should be aware of this anyway, it’s no secret) and then go away and find solutions.  I think today could determine whether there are Junior leagues in the Pyramid next season or not.

Apart from lights do these clubs have the rest in place to obtain a license ? I read on here Penicuik have no toilets or was that a wind up  ? 

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Apart from lights do these clubs have the rest in place to obtain a license ? I read on here Penicuik have no toilets or was that a wind up  ? 

If they don't have everything in place then the Licence Committee wont forward their application to the SFA board for ratification until they do (except floodlights this year).

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I saw that at the time and Cookieboy said that they do. If all the promotion chasing clubs are being heard by the SFA Board on Thursday they will have everything in place for a license. Bonnyrigg are the only one that needs a derogation as their floodlights aren't up yet.

There's meant to be 12 applications total heard on Thursday 6 with floodlights, 6 without floodlights. It's basically a case of confirming the 6 with floodlights and making on a decision on derogation on the other 6.

EDIT: The EoS released a list of 17 clubs known to be getting licensed: 6 with floodlights to be heard in April, 6 without floodlights to be heard in April and the remaining 5 to be heard in June. Then some Dunipace parties chimed in to say they will be heard in June as well. So I won't list them below since we know they aren't getting heard on Thursday.

Floodlights

1. Blackburn United
  2. Broxburn Athletic
  3. Dalkeith Thistle
  4. Easthouses Lily MW
  5. Hill Of Beath Hawthorn
  6. Newtongrange Star
  7. Penicuik Athletic
  8. Tynecastle

Without Floodlights

1. Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
  2. Camelon Juniors
  3. Dundonald Bluebell
  4. Edinburgh United
  5. Haddington Athletic
  6. Jeanfield Swifts
  7. Musselburgh Athletic
  8. St Andrews United
  9. Tranent Juniors

Edited by FairWeatherFan

I think Dalkeith and Newtongrange are the two with floodlights who are not being considered on Thursday.   They might not be considered in June either as I'm lead to believe they have a bit of work still to do.  Dunipace can be added to the list for June.

Of the non-floodlight clubs, Edinburgh Utd aren't in a position yet by the looks of Paties Road on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I think Dalkeith and Newtongrange are the two with floodlights who are not being considered on Thursday.   They might not be considered in June either as I'm lead to believe they have a bit of work still to do.  Dunipace can be added to the list for June.

Of the non-floodlight clubs, Edinburgh Utd aren't in a position yet by the looks of Paties Road on Saturday.

With Dalkeith's early intention to move to the EoS last year, I had them pencilled in for Thursday. Hopefully they can get it sorted for June and get entry to next year's Scottish Cup.

Unfortunately, we need to be on the list for Thursday too in order to then be able to be heard in June. [emoji853]

We were supposed to be in front of the cancelled March board to approve our initial application and pass to licensing to carry out the audit etc. As that was cancelled, the licensing guys can't progress our application (5th February) to audit yet, they need the OK from the SFA board.

We're hoping to get that OK on Thursday so that we can start the audit with a view to hopefully being OK to go back for June.

Any applicant who applied after the January meeting will be in the same boat, needing the board to approve the application before the process can officially start..[emoji853]

3 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Unfortunately, we need to be on the list for Thursday too in order to then be able to be heard in June. emoji853.png

We were supposed to be in front of the cancelled March board to approve our initial application and pass to licensing to carry out the audit etc. As that was cancelled, the licensing guys can't progress our application (5th February) to audit yet, they need the OK from the SFA board.

We're hoping to get that OK on Thursday so that we can start the audit with a view to hopefully being OK to go back for June.

Any applicant who applied after the January meeting will be in the same boat, needing the board to approve the application before the process can officially start..emoji853.png

That’s a bugger, so the SFA haven’t yet approved your application letter and cashed your £2k cheque?  Surely that can be done on Thursday easily enough, then a case of getting an audit booked for May. Hopefully it works out.

That’s a bugger, so the SFA haven’t yet approved your application letter and cashed your £2k cheque?  Surely that can be done on Thursday easily enough, then a case of getting an audit booked for May. Hopefully it works out.
Exactly. They do that approval at an SFA board meeting, which we didn't appreciate till the licensing guys told us last week.

Licensing guys have been really helpful to be fair, explained where it's at and that if it is approved this week we should be able to get it done for June meeting hopefully.

It's always been June we were aiming for, for obvious reasons, so fingers crossed it's approved on Thursday.

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Is it not the case that clubs can hire portable toilets?