Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Burnie_man

Pyramid 2019/2020

Recommended Posts

Plenty of chat over in the Junior forum so may as well start something here as it potentially affects every single club in the EoS.

The last EoS meeting minutes mention that the PWG agreed on the creation of new West of Scotland and “Tayside” Leagues. Others claim that what this actually means in that the WRJFA and the ERJFA will enter at tier 6 and take part in the play-offs ie, the East Juniors will effectively become a competitor league to the EoS and continue the artificial divide in the Lothians and Fife. 

Two differing interpretations of what was discussed at the last PWG, which probably won’t be clarified until after the next meeting on 30th October.

What would the reaction be to the East Juniors getting their foot in the door at the same level as next seasons EoS Premier, and a place in the LL play-offs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Surely they can't allow Juniors into the play offs this season? Can't imagine the LL, SoS or EoS will allow that.

It's deliberate misinformation being spread by SJFA management to try and stem the flow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surely they can't allow Juniors into the play offs this season? Can't imagine the LL, SoS or EoS will allow that.
It wont be this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
13 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
Surely they can't allow Juniors into the play offs this season? Can't imagine the LL, SoS or EoS will allow that.

It wont be this season.

no. but it will the next. and rightly so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who south of the Tay side has a realistic chance of actually winning the East Juniors? 

With its present setup of the big Tayside teams and the rump of the Fife and Lothians teams you are going to see  9 times out of 10 a team that falls into the Highland side of things winning the league, why on earth would they be allowed to enter a playoff for the Lowland setup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some clarity over the licensing embargo would swing the discussion. Getting licensed was often used as one of the main reasons for East Region clubs moving to the EoS. 

If the SFA puts up too many roadblocks it would likely entrench the Juniors where they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Who south of the Tay side has a realistic chance of actually winning the East Juniors? 

With its present setup of the big Tayside teams and the rump of the Fife and Lothians teams you are going to see  9 times out of 10 a team that falls into the Highland side of things winning the league, why on earth would they be allowed to enter a playoff for the Lowland setup?

Unless they move the boundary?  I'm more concerned with the SFA being happy to continue the artificial divide with clubs existing a few miles from each other but in completely different league set-ups.

I'm confident that won't happen but with the SFA, anything is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Who south of the Tay side has a realistic chance of actually winning the East Juniors? 

With its present setup of the big Tayside teams and the rump of the Fife and Lothians teams you are going to see  9 times out of 10 a team that falls into the Highland side of things winning the league, why on earth would they be allowed to enter a playoff for the Lowland setup?

Since they've managed to win it in the past, Tayport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Unless they move the boundary?  I'm more seething  with the SFA being happy to continue the artificial divide with clubs existing a few miles from each other but in completely different league set-ups.

I'm confident that won't happen but with the SFA, anything is possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Since they've managed to win it in the past, Tayport.

Tayport havent been any sort of power in the Junior game for over a decade. Cant see them challenging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Unless they move the boundary?  I'm more concerned with the SFA being happy to continue the artificial divide with clubs existing a few miles from each other but in completely different league set-ups.

I'm confident that won't happen but with the SFA, anything is possible.

Whatever the set up is in 2019/20 it won't be like that in 5 years. That's the only bit of hope I have long term.

SJFA Scottish Cup fundamentally changes to fit into the senior calendar for league playoffs. Big Junior clubs that get promoted won't be replaced weakening the top junior leagues etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Whatever the set up is in 2019/20 it won't be like that in 5 years. That's the only bit of hope I have long term.

SJFA Scottish Cup fundamentally changes to fit into the senior calendar for league playoffs. Big Junior clubs that get promoted won't be replaced weakening the top junior leagues etc.

 

The PWG need to get the basic structure right as a result of these series of discussions otherwise this whole mess carries on. As we know, West is easy, as is North, it's the East where there has always been issues yet the straightforward solution stares everyone on the face, join the EoS, anything other than that is a half-arsed clusterfuck.   I'm fairly confident that will be the outcome as the ERJFA is a fatally weakened league top heavy with HL area clubs, but accurate information coming out of the PWG is non-existent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think some clarity over the licensing embargo would swing the discussion. Getting licensed was often used as one of the main reasons for East Region clubs moving to the EoS. 
If the SFA puts up too many roadblocks it would likely entrench the Juniors where they are.
I'm surprised its not been mentioned previously but I understand the lack of any information regarding the current embargo has lead to a number of clubs getting together to take further action including a legal challenge if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gimme said:
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:
I think some clarity over the licensing embargo would swing the discussion. Getting licensed was often used as one of the main reasons for East Region clubs moving to the EoS. 
If the SFA puts up too many roadblocks it would likely entrench the Juniors where they are.

I'm surprised its not been mentioned previously but I understand the lack of any information regarding the current embargo has lead to a number of clubs getting together to take further action including a legal challenge if necessary.

The last SFA Board meeting was 4th October after which they were to contact the leagues concerned with an update re embargo. To the best of my knowledge no information has yet emerged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's absolutely no way anyone should accept someone like Thornton Hibs or Whitburn getting into a promotion play-off for the LL based on the East Region Superleague. The ship has sailed in the east and it would be unconscionable to allow smaller teams who stayed behind in a lesser set-up that was never in the pyramid to be magically lifted to the level of those who moved into the pyramid. 

The issue of Tayside (including north Fife) needs to be sorted, Scotland's demographic spread is weird because of the Grampian mountains and the liveable parts of the east narrows to a few miles at Stonehaven. Personally I'd be in favour of saying those south of the Tay are in the East, those north of Montrose are in the North, and those in between may choose. But what's not really acceptable is to say that Tayside is big enough to come in at the same level as the West and the East. They could perhaps have a league at Tier 7 potentially feeding North and/or East play-offs, but they definitely should not have a league at Tier 6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jason King said:

Tayport havent been any sort of power in the Junior game for over a decade. Cant see them challenging.

First chance i've had to look at some of the East Super League tables. No one left in the East Region has been much of a power this past decade compared to those that have left:

image.png.fcea82ee4bc760a9e913ef84bc3c6a62.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GordonS said:

There's absolutely no way anyone should accept someone like Thornton Hibs or Whitburn getting into a promotion play-off for the LL based on the East Region Superleague. The ship has sailed in the east and it would be unconscionable to allow smaller teams who stayed behind in a lesser set-up that was never in the pyramid to be magically lifted to the level of those who moved into the pyramid. 

The issue of Tayside (including north Fife) needs to be sorted, Scotland's demographic spread is weird because of the Grampian mountains and the liveable parts of the east narrows to a few miles at Stonehaven. Personally I'd be in favour of saying those south of the Tay are in the East, those north of Montrose are in the North, and those in between may choose. But what's not really acceptable is to say that Tayside is big enough to come in at the same level as the West and the East. They could perhaps have a league at Tier 7 potentially feeding North and/or East play-offs, but they definitely should not have a league at Tier 6. 

The problem is, Ian Maxwell doesn't understand non-league football so in that regard anything is possible.

What the EoS can do about ERJFA potentially becoming a competitor league covering the same area I don't know, it's madness and continues artificial division but as I said, not sure how much the SFA understand or care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The problem is, Ian Maxwell doesn't understand non-league football so in that regard anything is possible.

What the EoS can do about ERJFA potentially becoming a competitor league covering the same area I don't know, it's madness and continues artificial division but as I said, not sure how much the SFA understand or care.

Whose decision is it to make, do you know? And how much sway do the LL hold? If we're talking about promotion into their league, I'd have thought they'd have more interest in their friends in the EOSFL, and more regard for those who jumped across from the Juniors to join it, than for those who've remained in the ERSJFA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×