Pyramid 2019/2020

8 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Both of those points are as scandalous as the lack of West Juniors in the pyramid. There should be 2 down from League 2 and at least 2 down from the LL, preferably 3.

The English Football League only relegates two from a bottom division of 24 clubs. That's 8% of its clubs, about 3% of the whole league.

And you expect a division of ten to lose two teams (20% of its clubs) at its bottom end every season? That's nearly 5% of the SPFL's total clubs. Is there any league in the world where that happens? 

(3 from 16 in the LL would be nigh on 19%.)

And the last Junior game you were at was?

Don’t really see why that’s relevant? It’s been years since I last used a cassette tape that doesn’t stop me knowing that’s it time has passed!
Now if you have a substantive point to make please do feel free to try and make it.
However if all you’ve got is a feeble attempt to invalidate my opinion based on some irrelevant benchmark that you’ve come up with then perhaps you should quit now rather than embarrassing yourself.

On 31/01/2020 at 11:44, Burnie_man said:

What's happening in the west will finally put to rest the ERJFA's belief they can get in at tier 6 (or anywhere), which was never happening anyway.

Hopefully it prompts more applications for next season beyond the one already received.

Which team has already applied ?

For the benefit of those who don't venture to the badlands of the juniors:

Tonight the Lowland League board meet to discuss the creation of the WOSL to sit along side the EOS and SOS.
Theres already 5 West Prem teams declared their interest

Is it still looking good for Eyemouth returning next season? looks like they were in attendance at the last General meeting.  With Craigroyston apparently saved, that gives 41 clubs next season  (LL/EoS promotion/relegation not withstanding), there is one definite applicant with another to follow (or already has).

Looking good for either a First and Second Division, or two Conferences, of around 14/15 clubs each hopefully.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Is it still looking good for Eyemouth returning next season? looks like they were in attendance at the last General meeting.  With Craigroyston apparently saved, that gives 41 clubs next season  (LL/EoS promotion/relegation not withstanding), there is one definite applicant with another to follow (or already has).

Looking good for either a First and Second Division, or two Conferences, of around 14/15 clubs each hopefully.

Go on Burnie give is a clue. West Lothian club, yes/no? 

First and second division for me, hopefully that's the way the vote goes. [emoji106]

18 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For me if there's the belief Eyemouth are returning and Craigroyston is saved you commit to First and Second Divisions.

Even if there's no accepted applicants you can go 16-14-11. Hopefully they can get to 16-16-??

I'll stick my neck out and say there's going to be somewhere between 4-6 applicants, if that happens then 16-16-14+ is achievable.

36 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'll stick my neck out and say there's going to be somewhere between 4-6 applicants, if that happens then 16-16-14+ is achievable.

If there's that many then surely more will follow once others realise there'd only be around 15 left in Fife and West Lothian? Especially if teams announce their move well before the EOS AGM.

28 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

If there's that many then surely more will follow once others realise there'd only be around 15 left in Fife and West Lothian? Especially if teams announce their move well before the EOS AGM.

Who can tell, unless clubs formally announce their application then nobody will really know until the AGM.

25 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

I wouldn’t bank on it...

Bored Kid GIF

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Hopefully. Certainly it would be attractive to current members if they can go 16-16 something. Even if just Eyemouth return you could go 16-16-9 with the 9 playing 3 times for a 24 game season. Apart from Arniston its just an old school EoS division. Makes it easy to set up regionally as well if enough of the Juniors move across.

image.png.7124ecfc08ef7243dacc2025eb53b3ba.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

I wouldn’t bank on it...

Bored Kid GIF

The Hoose thinking of coming over now? Why you look at the league they were in last season, I don’t think Faukhouse could have made a worse decision. Unless there was good sponsorship, it must have cost the club hunners oh pounds travelling to Fife and Tayside every 2nd week.

Better League - locality wise this season, but you must miss the likes of Bo’ness and Linlithgow matches.