Pyramid 2019/2020

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The boundary would have been negotiated between the SFA and SPFL during the SFL merger with the SPL. Not clear what level of involvement the LL would have had as this was happening before the LL had fully emerged.

The Tay was mentioned as the boundary between the Highland and Lowland Region Divisions dating back all the way to 2007/2008? Since the idea was floated. It long predated the SPFL. It was presented basically as as part of the reforms going on between the SFL and SPL that would lead to the SPFL.

Even when it was getting close to Lowland League being created the Tay was still the boundary, even though the SFA still had the Juniors involved in discussions.

March 2013 excerpt from the PWG that references the boundary between the HL/LL. You'll notice the SFL has 17 and 18 teams in it. As this would of been around the time of the 12-12-18 idea.

image.png.5dd6fee238af52dfad15586d7e09f1cc.png

So while the boundary has always been defined as the Tay. I don't think anyone gave particular notice to the issues it would cause with the East Region in future. They were too busy focused on other concerns. Especially by that point it was clear the Juniors wouldn't be joining anytime soon.

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The boundary would have been negotiated between the SFA and SPFL during the SFL merger with the SPL. Not clear what level of involvement the LL would have had as this was happening before the LL had fully emerged.

Would it have been? The League Two play-off wasn't introduced until the LL's second season (14-15) so the boundary might not have been decided when the SPFL was set up. https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/245852/new-pyramid-system-for-highland-league/

Or maybe it was decided at the merger, and the LL was specifically created for teams below the Tay Bridge?

Think it was the latter and there was a one season delay on the playoff to allow the LL to get up to speed on issues like licensing, but not 100% sure and what the implications would be on who determines changes at tier 5 later if it was. Will investigate as it might shed some light on what's happening.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I am not linked to the SJFA and have not expressed support for Option Z at any point over the last couple of days. Please stop responding to my posts, if you don't understand that.

Its an open forum, stop trying to bully those who aren't being fed information by the SJFA and their lickspittles.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I am not linked to the SJFA and have not expressed support for Option Z at any point over the last couple of days. Please stop responding to my posts, if you don't understand that.

Frankly don’t think anyone understands your points - period!!

Some people have responded in a way that shows they do. If the LL splits or is split depending on who gets to decide on that the playoff rules for LL entry are probably no longer applicable. At that point the EoS potentially loses its ability to unilaterally block ERSJFA entry and Option Z could happen despite the EoS being opposed.

Some people have responded in a way that shows they do. If the LL splits or is split depending on who gets to decide on that the playoff rules for LL entry are probably no longer applicable. At that point the EoS potentially loses its ability to unilaterally block ERSJFA entry and Option Z could happen despite the EoS being opposed.
No it doesn't. Please stop muddying the waters and putting out propaganda that has no basis in truth or fact.

The eos and LL, as well as the sos and the HL will have to be involved in any discussion to have a split LL. This is because it affects each of their promotion prospects. Up the way and down. The way that process is organised and aligned is as follows: the sfa can't just impose new leagues, new setup or anything else on these associations, any type of agreement requires unilateral agreement. In essence everyone has to agree to it. Not one association. Not 2 associations. But everyone.

Please stop.

22 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Do you seriously think Livingston have a chance of beating Bo'ness in a playoff? East Region at the same level as EoS is farcical.

No, but an obvious followup response to that from an SFA standpoint would be then what exactly do the EoS have to fear when odds on most seasons there probably wouldn't even be a playoff because the ERSJFA champion wouldn't even be licensed? Can understand the opposition to the principle of two parallel feeders so not blaming the EoS for having the posture they do. Suspect it's also partly related to not wanting Tayside, which is understandable from a midweek travel standpoint. Having the SoS at tier 5 and participating sporadically in a playoff with the EoS champion is already farcical. Scottish football isn't driven by logic but by the path of least resistance.

I drove from Newmacher just to the north of Aberdeen and via the new AWPR last nite to Perth where  I stopped for a bit,in under 2 hrs on the way home from Buckie v Vale.

Passed thru Angus and Dundee on the way,the travel excuse to the Aberdeenshire and Moray HL sides for Tayside teams is a hutch of pish,particularly Angus clubs!!

This pandering to a bunch of egotistical maniacs is beyond me,time and again they have been invited,asked to join and yet all the LL,EoS and to a lesser degree the HL have got is abuse!!!

2 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

I drove from Newmacher just to the north of Aberdeen and via the new AWPR last nite to Perth where  I stopped for a bit,in under 2 hrs on the way home from Buckie v Vale.

Passed thru Angus and Dundee on the way,the travel excuse to the Aberdeenshire and Moray HL sides for Tayside teams is a hutch of pish,particularly Angus clubs!!

This pandering to a bunch of egotistical maniacs is beyond me,time and again they have been invited,asked to join and yet all the LL,EoS and to a lesser degree the HL have got is abuse!!!

Careful, you'll be called vindictive and narrow minded for having the audacity to suggest that the Juniors have had their chance, and everyone else just needs to move on.

9 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

You didn't by any chance do a headcount Buckie v Vale 😀 

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Careful, you'll be called vindictive and narrow minded for having the audacity to suggest that the Juniors have had their chance, and everyone else just needs to move on.

Lol burnie,aye yer right.

Not against them coming in,but not on their terms.

• 2 weeks later...

Do we think as rumoured over the next few days the junior z plan gets a no, the Lowland League announce their own West feeder at tier 6 and open up for applications, could we see the old firm apply for their colt teams/a version of development team to enter? That could be a curve ball. We know they have tried and failed for tier 5 & above. At tier 6 while not everyone may like the idea of old firm or any spfl colt team being there, you could imagine the attraction of two fully sold out home games a season against the old firm could be in proving a sweetener to encourage most of the big west junior clubs to move over, and could be hard for the proposed LL West feeder league to say no given there is already the precedence of spfl reserve teams at tier 6 all be it capped at that level as per the SOS. We also know the sfa are keen for spfl reserve teams to be in the pyramid. 

Edited by morley

Do we think as rumoured over the next few days the junior z plan gets a no, the Lowland League announce their own West feeder at tier 6 and open up for applications, could we see the old firm apply for their colt teams/a version of development team to enter? That could be a curve ball. We know they have tried and failed for tier 5 & above. At tier 6 while not everyone may like the idea of old firm or any spfl colt team being there, you could imagine the attraction of two fully sold out home games a season against the old firm could be in proving a sweetener to encourage most of the big west junior clubs to move over, and could be hard for the proposed LL West feeder league to say no given there is already the precedence of spfl reserve teams at tier 6 all be it capped at that level as per the SOS. We also know the sfa are keen for spfl reserve teams to be in the pyramid. 

Sorry, you lost me at that bit. Haven't you seen the crowds for the Challenge Cup?

Interesting theory and there's no reason why they couldn't join, but if they can't get promoted to the LL would they bother?