Pyramid 2019/2020

59 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Yes it did get a bit silly, but that’s the route they chose unfortunately. Such a shame as it would’ve been interesting to see to watch them stick to their principles, continue to nurture the talent (and the style of football) they had at the start of the season and grow the club from there. Where as now I can’t see them lasting much longer at this level. As soon as the money walks away, they’ll end up back at square one again

Yeah its been disappointing. They announced their intentions to apply roughly a year in advance. Looked like a well thought out player pathway to join up with all their youth teams and it has just gone downhill from there.

Compare it to Inverkeithing and it has been night & day.

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yeah its been disappointing. They announced their intentions to apply roughly a year in advance. Looked like a well thought out player pathway to join up with all their youth teams and it has just gone downhill from there.

Compare it to Inverkeithing and it has been night & day.

I think I'm right in saying that when Inverkeithing joined the EoS a couple of years ago, they were in the same boat as Tweedmouth - getting pumped most weeks and not looking competitive, however, it's really good to see them as a side grow into the EoS albeit having been punted down a tier and finding their own feet as promotion challengers.

1 minute ago, ArabAuslander said:

I think I'm right in saying that when Inverkeithing joined the EoS a couple of years ago, they were in the same boat as Tweedmouth - getting pumped most weeks and not looking competitive, however, it's really good to see them as a side grow into the EoS albeit having been punted down a tier and finding their own feet as promotion challengers.

Inverkeithing only joined last season! They were never as bad as Tweedmouth, the big pumpings were early on against Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg (10-0), but most other loses were by 3 or 4 goals. League wins came against Craigroyston, Edinburgh United, Ormiston, and Stirling Uni reserves. 

21 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Not quite. The first impression was the 10-0 loss to Linlithgow Rose. After that their highest  concession was 6-2 loss away at Camelon. They were losing more often than not but that was to be expecting due to the make up of the Conferences last season.

They never took any points from the 5 teams that would make up the EoS Premier. Against those in the First Division Conferences they went 5 wins, 1 draw and 8 defeats.

19 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Inverkeithing only joined last season! They were never as bad as Tweedmouth, the big pumpings were early on against Linlithgow and Bonnyrigg (10-0), but most other loses were by 3 or 4 goals. League wins came against Craigroyston, Edinburgh United, Ormiston, and Stirling Uni reserves. 

Sorry my bad, I keep on thinking that they joined the year prior to the mass defection of Junior clubs.

19 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not quite. The first impression was the 10-0 loss to Linlithgow Rose. After that their highest  concession was 6-2 loss away at Camelon. They were losing more often than not but that was to be expecting due to the make up of the Conferences last season.

They never took any points from the 5 teams that would make up the EoS Premier. Against those in the First Division Conferences they went 5 wins, 1 draw and 8 defeats.

Ah fair enough.

18 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

No reason they couldn't apply as tenants of Dunipace.  I think last years application was refused as the ground arrangements were all a bit last minute and rushed with no guarantees.

Calling them "Shitgenta" isn't a good look.

Calling out a organization for their shit play is defo a good look, calling them Shitgenta based on any team performance isnt a good look, have a read around and get to know why this mob deserve to be in the position they are in and have only themselves to blame. They treated EOS like everything they treat with contempt and arrogance so yes I will call them Shitgenta..

Calling out a organization for their shit play is defo a good look, calling them Shitgenta based on any team performance isnt a good look, have a read around and get to know why this mob deserve to be in the position they are in and have only themselves to blame. They treated EOS like everything they treat with contempt and arrogance so yes I will call them Shitgenta..

Well that's your problem, it doesn't reflect well. Your anti-Syngenta stance was evident earlier this year.

Personally I have no axe to grind and if they do come back and apply again, their application should be treated on its merits and accepted/rejected based only on that.

Syngenta are a boys club from grangemouth. That's what they should remain as.

Falkirk Juniors came and gone in about three seasons, a team isn't sustainable there.
It probably is, especially if you try and integrate with the town where you play rather than call yourself Falkirk.

Wasn't too sure where to put this, but felt this was a good place so as to avoid annoying any junior die hards. I was looking at the archived version of the Lowland League website and found the home page from its first season quite interesting.

Junior football gets a couple of mentions and they say how the SFA had wanted to create a pyramid from senior to junior to amateur for some time. Still a bit of work to get that done :)

image.png.c3d52593419b94c419afcc4922c13ae3.png

I'd imagine with the ground improvements Bo'ness will be licenced by next season. I can't see anything officially confirming it but I'd be surprised if they don't have this in order.

Checking the others that are still to be licensed in the EoS premier and are chasing promotion, it's also definitely there for Camelon:

https://www.camelonjuniors.co.uk/policies/

and Tranent:

http://www.tranentjuniors.co.uk/our-teams/

Hopefully all three get licensing sorted out this season. Floodlights still need to be installed for Tranent?

10 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Checking the others that are still to be licensed in the EoS premier and are chasing promotion, it's also definitely there for Camelon:

https://www.camelonjuniors.co.uk/policies/

and Tranent:

http://www.tranentjuniors.co.uk/our-teams/

Hopefully all three get licensing sorted out this season. Floodlights still need to be installed for Tranent?

No surprise as those were two of the clubs who were trying to get licensed last season before they required floodlights, Haddington and Musselburgh have the policy documents as well. And yes floodlights still needed for Tranent.

Edited by Ginaro

So we're looking at Bo'ness, Camelon, Tranent, Musselburgh, Haddington, Dunipace, St.Andrews, Dunbar and Dalkeith all at various stages in the process with hopefully most getting the Licence at next years AGM.

Newtongrange and Sauchie are probably the major omissions from any sort of indication that they're going for Licencing.