Pyramid 2019/2020

2 minutes ago, sdr71 said:

What is happening with the EoS conferences next season?  I assume the format will be basically the same as this season, as the EoS were pretty up-front last year about setting up their premier division and the member clubs knew what they needed to do.  Is that the case, though?

They never set anything in stone. I imagine what happens with the PWG and number of applications received at the end of March will decide things. Sometime in April there will probably a rough idea.

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I’m actually coming round to this idea. Move the SoS league to tier 7 with an option for any current clubs to move straight into the West section at tier 6 (which I don’t think there will be much rush for) and have the SoS winners playoff with the lowest promotion placed tier 7 west club (if they choose) to play in the tier 6 west league

While I liked Option 4 on the face of it, I turned against it as it kind of ruins the 2020-21. No relegation from the Lowland League. The West Premiership and EoS Premier would likely see no relegation either as both leagues would lose more than 4 members for the new LL West and LL East divisions.

Then this has the knock on effect for all leagues in the West Region and EoSFL. These leagues would potentially be left deciding division structures in the middle of May as until the SPFL play-off is nearly decided you won't know the exact distribution of clubs to each geographic area. 

It's a bit messier. Just getting the West Region in for 2020-21 and getting junior clubs licensed could lead to a 3 way split at Tier 5 in a more organised way within a few years.

What is happening with the EoS conferences next season?  I assume the format will be basically the same as this season, as the EoS were pretty up-front last year about setting up their premier division and the member clubs knew what they needed to do.  Is that the case, though?
No decision as yet, hopefully a Premier-First-Second set-up.

20 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

1. Sensible option

2. Same issue as ERJFA at tier 6 they’re still geographically overlapping the EOS no mater if it’s Tier 6,7 or potentially 8 also where are Tayside going no boundary shift announced?

3. Rejected unanimously last year stupid to think it could pass this time.

4. Could work if you gave a limited waver on licensing to West clubs but the SPFL want two feeders not three getting them to change anything short notice is unlikely so 2022 at the earliest.

Be surprised if they moved the boundary this late into a season so unless Brechin avoid the drop they’re HL next year like Montrose would have been. Also can’t see the LL team they knock out the league taking it on the chin as they were meant to be relegated to the HL and then the goalposts are suddenly shifted relegating a LL team to the EOS or SOS, potential for a legal challenge? There was no move for Montrose when they asked so why would the SPFL do it for Brechin?

Brechin should suck it up and sign a team from the NE/Dundee area. Currently only 2 players meet that criteria (Inglis & McCord).  It's not as if trawling Fife & Central belt is doing them much good anyway...

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Ah memories.

🤣 Well by coincidence, the ERJFA had a meeting last night and I understand the clubs were told "we have a good chance of tier 6 next season",   more nonsense to try and stop clubs leaving.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.............

56 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Brechin should suck it up and sign a team from the NE/Dundee area. Currently only 2 players meet that criteria (Inglis & McCord).  It's not as if trawling Fife & Central belt is doing them much good anyway...

It's an argument i've also found a little weird when it comes to the Angus clubs. It's true of Peterhead or Elgin City if they were to be relegated from the SPFL. I remember the story about Greg Fleming and Willie Gibson playing for Peterhead while living in Annan & Dumfries respectively. Fleming's still there. That wouldn't be the situation if they were back in the Highland League.

Prior to joining the SFL both clubs were able to put together teams capable of winning the Highland League. I'm sure they would be able to do it again without their Central Belt players. Same would be true of the Angus clubs. They might even have something of an advantage by being able to tap into a different talent pool that all the other Highland League clubs are looking at.

[emoji1787] Well by coincidence, the ERJFA had a meeting last night and I understand the clubs were told "we have a good chance of tier 6 next season",   more nonsense to try and stop clubs leaving.
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.............
The chance is realisticly somewhere between Hee and Haw.

13 minutes ago, energyzone said:

What happens at the end of this season in terms of promotion from the EOS Premier? Is there automatic promotion for the winners? Will there only be one club promoted?

1) licensed EoS Premier champion vs. Licensed SoSFL champion compete in a playoff for promotion.

2) Only one licensed champion automatically promoted.

3) No licensed champion = no promotion

1) licensed EoS Premier champion vs. Licensed SoSFL champion compete in a playoff for promotion.

2) Only one licensed champion automatically promoted.

3) No licensed champion = no promotion

Thank you - I realise people are probably sick of answering that question!

Surprised at the lack of promotion spots though, hopefully that will increase as time goes on.

9 hours ago, gogsy said:

Pyramid 2020/21 needs a strong Syngenta FC and don't you forget it.

Can Shitgenta actually come across to EOS with them ground sharing, pretty sure they got knocked back from EOS something to do with them being at Dunipace and many other reasons

Edited by Kemlin Dan

2 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Can Shitgenta actually come across to EOS with them ground sharing, pretty sure they got knocked back from EOS something to do with them being at Dunipace and many other reasons

It was because they wanted to use little kerse then tried to change it to their at last minute. Ground sharing is acceptable

2 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

No reason they couldn't apply as tenants of Dunipace.  I think last years application was refused as the ground arrangements were all a bit last minute and rushed with no guarantees.

Calling them "Shitgenta" isn't a good look.

15 hours ago, gogsy said:

Pyramid 2020/21 needs a strong Syngenta FC and don't you forget it.

It really doesn’t...

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

What's happening with Syngenta? They lose their spot at little jersey and the Junior was apparently taken over by an amateur team. What state are they in compared to last year's ambitions.

The thread in the Junior forum says a lot, including the replies from the club officials, they can run along back to the amateurs imo

15 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It really doesn’t...

The thread in the Junior forum says a lot, including the replies from the club officials, they can run along back to the amateurs imo

Yeah, sort of steered clear of that when it became a lot of pre-existing gripes from the amateur forum. Least that's how it read to me.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yeah, sort of steered clear of that when it became a lot of pre-existing gripes from the amateur forum. Least that's how it read to me.

Yes it did get a bit silly, but that’s the route they chose unfortunately. Such a shame as it would’ve been interesting to see to watch them stick to their principles, continue to nurture the talent (and the style of football) they had at the start of the season and grow the club from there. Where as now I can’t see them lasting much longer at this level. As soon as the money walks away, they’ll end up back at square one again