Pyramid 2019/2020

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

SFA big wigs attending the west juniors meeting tonight. Wonder what’s on the agenda....

Could be a positive development if they are cutting out the middle man and talking to a junior region's clubs directly.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So too late for next season also then? Breakaway it is!

Well there certainly doesn't appear to be much urgency, unless the SFA think it's a shoe-in for everyone to agree on a new proposal. Who knows.

On 16/10/2019 at 09:51, edinabear said:

When was the last PWG meeting? There doesn't seem to be any real progress for over a year. It can't be that difficult to set up a West of Scotland league. If the Juniors don't want to move en masse then set up a WofS league and asked for applications.  Guaranteed some Juniors will apply and the rest can be filled by other amatuer leagues, like the Caledonian with  teams like Glasgow and Strathclyde uni

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caledonian_Amateur_Football_League

Exactly. Simple solution to the current malaise , and no club is forced to do anything against their will by the SFA or SJFA.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad news over in the SOS that Dumfries YMCA have withdrawn from the league & all cups

END OF THE ROAD FOR DUMFRIES YMCA AS THEY DROP OUT OF LEAGUE AND CUPS
Football   29-10-2019

THE South of Scotland League has been reduced to 15 teams with the announcement that Dumfries YMCA has dropped out of South football.

The YM joined the South League and cup competitions for the 2014 - 15 season but have struggled most seasons and failed to win any trophies.

This season they have played 12 matches and lost all 12 conceding 81 goals in the process.

Richard Osborne, the Southern Counties FA secretary said it was with regret that he had to advise that Dumfries YMCA had informed him that they are unable to fulfil their remaining scheduled fixtures for season 2019-20.

He said that all currently schedule YM matches in league and cup competitions would be postponed and that the executive committees of the Southern Counties, South League and Wigtownshire and District would meet shortly to discuss the matter.

The YM competed in the Dumfries and District Amateur Football League (DDAFL)prior to its disbanding before siting to the South League and played their home matches at Dumfries High School.

The club started off in the 1970’s playing in the youth leagues in Dumfries and Galloway but then decided to join the DDAFL League 2 in 1976 and soon achieved promotion to Division 1, winning a number of league championships and trophies before the league was disbanded in 2013.

Their last game was on Saturday where they were beaten 8-0 at home to Bonnyton Thistle.

On 15/10/2019 at 07:40, LongTimeLurker said:

The complication in Bo'ness is that Newtown Park belongs to the people of Bo'ness and is run through a not for profit association rather than by the EoS Bo'ness United club. That meant there was nothing Bo'ness United could do to stop an amateur club called Linlithgow Thistle (that had been run to a significant extent by people from Bo'ness) from moving in and setting up shop as a Bo'ness junior club, if the SJFA accepted them into membership. Happy to be corrected on this but my understanding is that although it is being made to look from the outside like it is all one big happy Bo'ness United family, they are two separate clubs.

I understand a MOU exists between the teams. Separate committees but common aims under the one club name. I think MOU covers what happens if junior association enters the pyramid, similar to Stirling Uni model.

I understand a MOU exists between the teams. Separate committees but common aims under the one club name. I think MOU covers what happens if junior association enters the pyramid, similar to Stirling Uni model.

I think it’s different. Stirling uni players can move between sides without issue, however Bo’ness/Linlithgow sides would need to transfer players between the different registered sides.

53 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I think it’s different. Stirling uni players can move between sides without issue, however Bo’ness/Linlithgow sides would need to transfer players between the different registered sides.

That is currently the case but that depends on how they are seen once they come in whether they are one and the same or seperate clubs with similar names. in boness and sauchies case playing in the same ground.

• 4 weeks later...

Take this with a pinch of salt but was chatting to someone heavily involved with Rangers youths and apparently Rangers and Celtic are currently in the process of canvassing support to set up a West of Scotland League at tier 6 for their colts to play in. Been talking with some Junior sides and Caledonian Amateur League teams. 

Take this with a pinch of salt but was chatting to someone heavily involved with Rangers youths and apparently Rangers and Celtic are currently in the process of canvassing support to set up a West of Scotland League at tier 6 for their colts to play in. Been talking with some Junior sides and Caledonian Amateur League teams. 
This would require a change in rules by the PWG as currently reserve teams are unable to play higher than tier 6. The other effect is it'd open up youth teams being added to the EOS however the only clubs who've made noise about colts in the leagues are west based. Those clubs being the OF & formerly Motherwell who have backed down from the idea since Craigan left. Inverness up north were rumoured to be flirting with adding colts to the Highland League but I'm unsure how serious they were about it.

This would be at tier 6
I ken but that but the gruesome twosome would have SPFL aspirations for their colts hence why I suspect they'd lobby for the change. If the stuff posted is true I can't say I'm suprised they are going down this route as the SPFL members have shot down their multiple attempts at shoehorning in colts at the national level.

1 hour ago, edinabear said:

Rangers and Celtic talking to Amateur teams? aye right  🤣