Pyramid 2019/2020

2 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Lowland League Two for season 2020-21 has got to be the best solution to this. 

16 team league with guarantee of 8 spaces for West based clubs (if enough apply) and a commitment to create 2 x 16 team leagues LLW and LLE if there is enough interest. 

Allows West Juniors to apply knowing there is a viable league for them to go to even if there isn't enough interest for a full WOS league. 

Why should west junior teams be allowed to jump straight into a league that would be above the EOS premier?

You could effectively merge the LL and EoS and add all the junior clubs in the west that want to join to lower tiers of the LL. Then the remaining juniors in the east and west could be at tier 9 or whatever with Tom Johnston still droning on about 250k toilet blocks. Only slight complication is how to handle the SoS League.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

An LL2 east and west at tier 6 would provide a way around a lot of the blazer related politics. There's no obvious reason why there couldn't be an LL3 east and west as well if numbers in the west justified it.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You could effectively merge the LL and EoS and add all the junior clubs in the west that want to join to lower tiers of the LL. Then the remaining juniors in the east and west could be at tier 9 or whatever with Tom Johnston still droning on about 250k toilet blocks. Only slight complication is how to handle the SoS League.

What’s with LL2 and 3?!

It doesn’t matter whether you call it WoSFL or LL2, it’ll still be tier 6... Why confuse matters then “merge EoS and LL” to accommodate the west teams?! Deary me!

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

What’s with LL2 and 3?!

It doesn’t matter whether you call it WoSFL or LL2, it’ll still be tier 6... Why confuse matters then “merge EoS and LL” to accommodate the west teams?! Deary me!

...because it may be a lot easier to do than starting a WoSFL.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Just now, LongTimeLurker said:

...because it may be a lot easier to do than starting a WoSFL.

By taking the best team away from the EoS league setup, who have worked hard to create what they have now and have earned the right to be there, just to pander to the West teams who were never interested and haven’t bothered to do anything themselves?

Has your account been hacked or are you on the shot? It’s not like you to have such a mare...

...or maybe you don't understand my point? What difference does it make to the teams involved if the existing EoS Premier gets rebranded as LL2 East and the existing conferences become the LL3 East or whatever? At that point the ERSJFA is left negotiating entry as tier 8 or 9 through the PWG. In the West all the clubs that want to leave the SJFA for the pyramid could form an LL2 west and LL3 west etc leaving what's left of the WRSJFA negotiating entry below that in a similar sort of way.

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...or maybe you don't understand my point? What difference does it make to the teams involved if the existing EoS Premier gets rebranded as LL2 East and the existing conferences become the LL3 East or whatever? At that point the ERSJFA is left negotiating entry as tier 8 or 9 through the PWG. In the West all the clubs that want to leave the SJFA for the pyramid could form an LL2 west and LL3 west etc leaving what's left of the WRSJFA negotiating entry below that in a similar sort of way.

What’s the difference between LL2west and WoSFL (run by the LL, EoS, TJ or Kim Jun Un)?

Why f**k about with the EoS when they have work hard to create something that others still haven’t bothered to do for themselves?

Do you think by calling it LL2west will encourage West teams to join up more than it being called the West of Scotland League? It’ll still be tier 6!

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

By taking the best team away from the EoS league setup, who have worked hard to create what they have now and have earned the right to be there, just to pander to the West teams who were never interested and haven’t bothered to do anything themselves?

Has your account been hacked or are you on the shot? It’s not like you to have such a mare...

A LL2 isn't necessarily to pander to the West Juniors outside the pyramid. It's as much, if not more, to do with the 6 "West of Scotland" teams in the LL that want a better feeder in place than what the SoS offers.

It's easier for them to create a LL2 than an independent WoSFL.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

A LL2 isn't necessarily to pander to the West Juniors outside the pyramid. It's as much, if not more, to do with the 6 "West of Scotland" teams in the LL that want a better feeder in place than what the SoS offers.

It's easier for them to create a LL2 than an independent WoSFL.

Then just create a WoS league at tier 6 and they can be relegated into that...

And as I said, it’ll make no difference whatsoever whether it’s called LL2 or WoSFL or The Ayrshire Appreciation Society, it can still be run the LL...BUT IT WOULD STILL BE TIER 6, alongside the EoS premier :angel

Edited by Spyro

Just now, Spyro said:

Then just create a WoS league at tier 6 and they can be relegated into that...

And as I said, it’ll make no difference whatsoever whether it’s called LL2 or WoSFL or The Ayrshire Appreciation Society, it can still be run the LL...BUT IT WOULD STILL BE TIER 6, alongside the EoS premier :angel

If the LL can run the WoSFL at tier 6, why can't they run the EoSFL at tier 6?

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If the LL can run the WoSFL at tier 6, why can't they run the EoSFL at tier 6?

Are you on the windup? :lol:

Ever get the feeling you’re being set-up?! :rolleyes:

Edited by Spyro

After everything that's happened with the "it's a done deal" proving to be false i'm surprised the Bankies aren't leading the charge to set up a WoS League.  Their fans want to return to Senior football ASAP but the SJFA and WRJFA are in no hurry.  Interesting to see what's said at the Clydebank AGM after they voted to move.  

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Part of the problem might be that the current president of the WRSJFA is from Clydebank.

Yea i guess that puts them in a awkward position but I can't see their fans being happy waiting on TJ sorting it out while peddling his usual gold plated toilets and Tuesdays to Elgin shite.  Especially as they're now seeing a former Northern Junior entering the SPFL and two former Eastern Juniors likely to be competing for the Lowland League tittle and a host of new Scottish cup teams they'd consider themselves to be bigger than.  

Re the LL and any possible LL2, it's probably being driven in the main by self preservation in that clubs who get relegated fall into another division run by the LL. I'd imagine that none of the west LL clubs have any desire to fall into a league run by SJFA/WRJFA, which as it stands is a distinct possibility.

Remember it wasnt so long ago that BSC were putting feelers out for a WoSFL.

After everything that's happened with the "it's a done deal" proving to be false i'm surprised the Bankies aren't leading the charge to set up a WoS League.  Their fans want to return to Senior football ASAP but the SJFA and WRJFA are in no hurry.  Interesting to see what's said at the Clydebank AGM after they voted to move.  

The biggest issue is the WRJFA clubs are still living under the crazy notion that if they sit and wait, the SFA or even their own current league, will just get it all sorted for them and just create a set up that they can just move into with no fuss.

Dont think much will happen at the agm and although fans are angry there was nothing apparently raised at the sjfa agm by any club so go figure. Dont think theres an appetite for a wosl from the wrsjfa clubs as they genuinely believe TJ has it all sewn up.

Dont think much will happen at the agm and although fans are angry there was nothing apparently raised at the sjfa agm by any club so go figure. Dont think theres an appetite for a wosl from the wrsjfa clubs as they genuinely believe TJ has it all sewn up.
I'm amazed nobody had the baws to ask him why the west are not in from next season. There was nothing to stop that happening if TJ wanted it.